Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2014
    @Adul I bet it a lot thx to the beta update that people are civil, they have something to test on their hands, and they feel part of the progress, maybe not all but the once who have beta accesses. I know I do and sadly I don't have lots of time to play now days :( but I do what I can.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2014
    Adul said:

I don't remember seeing any problematic cases recently. In fact, it's been surprisingly civil around here as of late. People are impatient (with good reason, IMO), but are keeping their cool.

Yeah, point taken. I have trouble keeping my cool sometimes, sorry. And sorry in advance for further outbursts of anger that may occur. I'm prone to that sometimes, but I rarely intend to be rude.
    @Dee Wouldn't that be

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BANHAMM")?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Dee said:

Dee said:

I agree, for the most part things have been very civil in this thread. Believe me, if I see anyone crossing a boundary I'm not above using the fabled Red Text of Bhaal to put a stop to it.

I bet you cheated and got that through using the console.
    What, you mean like C: CreateItem("BANHAMM") ?

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.
    -.-

Got my eyes on you...
    @Silverstar That's how cheats work, he's making a joke reference to cheats.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    @elminster soloing Baldur's Gate. Those guards have no idea what's about to hit them!
    I serve the Flaming Fist!
    i-i-i-i serve the fffff-flaming fist-fist.

C minor, put it in C minor
    Makes me afraid to know how many Flaming Fist members are in Baldur's Gate, lol.
  • RiSkRiSk Member Posts: 2
    Dont wanna new patch without Russian translate ;/
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Blakes7 said:

I would be so tempted to fireball that mob :-)

"I burn the Flaming Fist!"?
    The Flaming Flaming Fist :P
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @Dee‌ , is there a remote possibility the patch will be released within the end of the next week?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Luke93‌ It depends on how long it takes to address the regressions we uncovered, and how long it takes to test everything once they are. I would like to say yes, but it's a very big game, and full regression tests take time even with everyone testing simultaneously.
    Of course, not it's the equivalent of Imprisonment.
    In Patch Related Talks: When a Bg2 patch goes into the works, do you intend to fix the Underdark bug? (Drow items cause inventory to crash if taken into Chapter 6?)
    In other news: I successfully downloaded Angelo and G3 Anniversary. Cue Celebration Music
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013 The drow crash has been addressed for BG2EE v1.3.
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌ Yes, that was one of the first things we did when we started working on that patch.

There's a great deal of code that needs to be tested and merged, but once we have a stable build we'll see about setting up a beta update for people to try out.
    Good to know.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited August 2014
    @silverstar and others, thx for understanding what I was trying to say earlier when I used your post as an example. Thank you for taking what I said in stride and being a good sport as you were the nearest target at the time. I think part of that was my frustration boiling over as well. just because you take the high road doesnt make you a paladin. even if I tried to be constructive about it......

I just... we all just...... love ..... these damn games........ so much... *chokes up*

@dee it may not be in your wheel house, but I never did get an answer to one of my question on the beta g+ group. Are you guys playing around with the Android L developer preview?there is a change in how aps are compiled (I believe the change is from dalvik to ART, ART was an option in 4.4 but now only choice in 'L') im not an android developer (yet) so I dont know how much this will affect the game. Im testing the latest beta on a nexus 7 (2013) with the official dev preview of L and I think ive noticed some minor slow downs with how fast my party is walking but I could be wrong. Right now im in the bandit camp. If you dont know its cool I figured your team knew about the updatr coming this fall but I thought id say something anyway.

*not that anyone will notice but this post was edited because I got dalvik and ART reversed... The post has been corrected and dee mentioned back in April that the game had been patched to work with the newer ART runtime... we are good to go with android 4.4.4 & L compatibility
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
    I try to stay far far away from the programming end of development, but I do know we did something with dalvik a while back. If you're seeing slow-downs and can repeat them reliably, please do post about it here.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited August 2014
    Back from 2 weeks vacation without Internet. Y'all are apparently quite late in the process, but I see no reason to hold back on reporting anomalies I have noticed. At worst it goes on the list for next patch.

I've experienced a couple of instances where the purchase-multiple-like-items overlay interface malfunctioned. The interface window has come up, but the number-desired window showed a zero instead of the usual starting value of "1", and the value could not be changed.

This happened most recently during a purchase session at Thunderhammer Smithy. We were purchasing bundles of arrows, so I know it was not because the store ran out of stock.

Luckily I was still able to purchase bundles one at a time on the main purchase screen.

I've only seen this twice I think. Unfortunately, I cannot recall whether both times were at Thunderhammer.

The glitch is not consistent. Most of the time multi-like-item purchases work normally. In the above case, I had purchased several bundles of arrows from Thunderhammer previously in the same play session, perhaps 30 mins playtime previously.
    Can you give a specific example of an item that you're able to reproduce this issue with? Preferably a specific item in a specific shop. It's unlikely that there's truly random behavior here, but if there's an anomaly in one or more shops we should be able to address it.