Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I am going to assume, that they work like the pre-made parties in IWD2 and LotSC.
    Aka, silent as a fish.
  • BoracBorac Member Posts: 15
    rockwand said:

"We have provided a collection of six custom-built pre-generated characters for your party to start, which you can either use or replace with your own creations."

Do these pre-generated characters interact with each other and make comments as the game and quests progress? Meaning, do they act like BG2 companions?

No, or at least they didnt in the original IWD 1.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Also, party banter definitely would be listed as a feature if it was in the game.
  • rockwandrockwand Member Posts: 39
    @Buttercheese‌
    @Borac
    @Adul

Thanks guys, although it would be nice to have an official statement, just to be sure.
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2014
    @‌Zeckul
    That is great news! Hope that youtube will keep it alive and that IWD music won't get flagged. instasubbed.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Going to preorder this right now.

Couldn't be happier. I do have one question, is the forum for IWD:EE going to be added onto this one? Keep all the enhanced editions in one place and just add the new preorder badges and such? That way we keep the great community together to.

( If it's already been answered I do apologize, haven't had much time to peruse lately. )
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Well, @CaloNord‌ , as you can see, this thread is already in the special subforum Home › Discussions › Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. So, for all the threads regarding IWDEE, check this subforum.

In this way, we all can stay on one forum and discuss any IE game we like:)

And about badges - all your badges stay intact, plus you get a special badge for the IWDEE pre-order.
  • MayirahcMayirahc Member Posts: 2
    Instant Pre-Order! The screenshots are absolutely stunning and I'm so looking forward to test the beta out.

You rock!
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited September 2014
    I go away for a few days to spend time with my dad and step mom and to work on my truck a bit with my father and then I return to learn that not only has IWD:EE been announced, but that BG:EE 1.3 has come out as well?

The weekend felt like it was 5 hours long, as usual--but totally worth it for this news! :)

Edit: What I find interesting is that our BG1/2 characters aren't able to be transported over, but apparently our IWD1 characters can transfer to IWD2 based on one of the articles I read? Sounds like the author might have been a little too hopeful, especially considering the version difference between the two games' rulesets.
    I agree with @Varwulf‌, a damn good time to return to the forum! :D

Pre-ordered my copy a few hours ago, looks pretty damn smooth from the screenshots. Were you guys waiting to announce this news and do the patch? :P Or just a happy co-inky-dink? :D
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    IWDEE's announcement was timed to PAX; I'd guess that the BGEE 1.3 patch was a coincidence.
    edited September 2014
    Double whammy of awesomeness.

Cake for all Beamdog employees. ( or is Mother or Redbull more appropriate? )

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Varwulf said:

Edit: What I find interesting is that our BG1/2 characters aren't able to be transported over, but apparently our IWD1 characters can transfer to IWD2 based on one of the articles I read? Sounds like the author might have been a little too hopeful, especially considering the version difference between the two games' rulesets.

That is... weird... because I could even import my original BG2 characters into BGEE. Unless they're doing something extra to IWDEE it should be possible, maybe with an easy-peasy mod.
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    so i just preordered it and the email i got said it would show up in the my games section. we all know that it won't for some time, so perhaps that should be mentioned somewhere (either email or store page) so other people who haven't preordered both BG:EE's and been through this will know what is going on.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2014
    @jamoecw It show up in your game section on Beamdog site if you go to your account -> games.
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    rockwand said:

@Buttercheese‌
    @Borac
    @Adul

Thanks guys, although it would be nice to have an official statement, just to be sure.

also keep in mind that party banter was something that was modded in for the original and that beamdog has been good about providing support for modders, so that will probably get ported over somewhat quick.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @jamoecw‌ it is also listed in the Beamdog client.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition features the following enhancements:
    •Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game

Q: What is the scope of those expanded quests?? what does it include?

I'm asking this because in BG1/2:EE we have got new NPCs, new Quests and new Areas, while in IWD:EE, judging from the list , we get kits and spells that are imported from BGs:EE, but I don't see many "made from scratch" content like in the other EEs.. Is there more things in the pipeline that you yet to expose or this is the final list of the additions to the game?
    @mch202 They aren't even release the game you know, I'm sure have chock full of surprises that we don't know of ;)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    kaguana said:

@mch202 They aren't even release the game you know, I'm sure have chock full of surprises that we don't know of ;)

I know, but they have showed a list of what it include so I had to make a comparison..

edited September 2014
    mch202 said:

kaguana said:

I know, but they have showed a list of what it include so I had to make a comparison..
    Yeah just saying that we should wait for more surprises that is all ;) as we all know they are slowpoke :)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Jarrakul said:

*Looks at IWDEE alongside Pillars of Eternity and the new Dragon Age.*

*Looks at master's degree project.*

Well, so much for free time.

You think that is bad, try finishing up you PhD with all this going on. Here it is, the 46 hrs. before my dissertation, and all I want to do is hit refresh on this forum...
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Do we get a kind of confirmation if we're in the running for potential beta-testers..?
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Kind of a waste of time, it was ok. Found it too linear, and somewhat boring. No conversations between companions, played it once. But since there is stronghold or companion quests it's basically ABC**Z, IWD 2 is much better, as far as quests go and is longer game. IWD takes about 30-40 hrs to do. Even Pool of Radience: Myth Drannor is better
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    edited September 2014
    And yes IWD mages use spell books the bright side they follow the rule book as far classes go, as long you have the requirement. IWD didn't have subclasses only vanilla ones, IWD 2 did have subclasses as well races like drow
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    decado said:

@jamoecw‌ - all there!

RAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE
    RAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR I WANT NEW.... OLD.... NEW.... GAMES!!!!!!!!!!