Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Fardragon said:

I can't decide if I want this on my PC or iPad. :(

I got it to my PC and when android will be out I'll get it there too just like in BG ;)

• ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    kaguana said:

@Thunder you need to fill the beta sing up form it on the IWD page in the FAQ list the last one you will see how to sign up.

Just did that, but thanks anyway!
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Of course, next we'll hear about Darksun: Enhanced Edition. Which while that would be awesome would need it's own variation of the Infinity Engine just to transparently support psionics in addition to preserver magic and priestly magic, not to mention all sorts of other stuff.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    kaguana said:

Fardragon said:

I can't decide if I want this on my PC or iPad. :(

I got it to my PC and when android will be out I'll get it there too just like in BG ;)

Yesss. My tablet will also get it.

Pre-ordered liek wut!
  • Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
    They're adding cut content to IWD:EE right? So I'm hoping they'll consider doing the same with BG3:EE (the entire game was cut content) =D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_III:_The_Black_Hound
  • MeanbunnyMeanbunny Member Posts: 107
    My excitement level is..... OVER 9000!!!!!!!! *goes super saiyan*
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Pokota said:

Of course, next we'll hear about Darksun: Enhanced Edition. Which while that would be awesome would need it's own variation of the Infinity Engine just to transparently support psionics in addition to preserver magic and priestly magic, not to mention all sorts of other stuff.

There is a psionics mod knocking around here somewhere, I couldn't get it to work but others have reported that it's pretty great.
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    i imagine IWD2, BG3, and PS:T are higher up on the list than darksun, though i wouldn't be adverse to buying 4 more games instead of just 3.
  • Sorvan76Sorvan76 Member Posts: 76
    I will buy IWD for my Android tablet and my iOS device too. Probably for my PC as well. :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2014
    kaguana said:

Why we can't get those T shirt ?????

My guess would be time requirements and shipping difficulties. To actually spend the time and effort securing orders for them and shipping them worldwide would probably be fairly time consuming (I imagine there are also customs rules and all sorts of issues). Especially given this is a video game company.

The makers of Homeworld Remastered actually had a video where they discussed this (it related to their collectors edition and physical copy of a game/ the mothership model you get with it) during the most recent pax. Whether its distributing t-shirts or whatever you are still going to run into difficulties and it is still probably pretty time consuming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1OxNVYfeLA

Relevant stuff starts at 1:25.
    @elminster THAT no fun! but well better have our games then a T shirt I can always wear a dress instead ;)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey, sorry if this question has been answered, but is there any word on how thieving abilities will be distributed?

Will stealth be one category like in regular Icewind Dale? Will there be a "Detect Illusion" ability (wouldn't seem too useful in this game)? I'm sure there will be traps with the introduction of the Bounty Hunter kit, but will they be the same as in BG?
  • NolrogNolrog Member Posts: 16
    I think I just peed myself a little. I'm really excited to hear this.
  • Sorvan76Sorvan76 Member Posts: 76
    Nolrog said:

I think I just peed myself a little. I'm really excited to hear this.

Lol, perhaps we should be pushing for incontinence pads rather than t-shirts with this product? :D
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    A little late but my pre-order has been placed. Probably too late for beta but I won't worry about that.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

A little late but my pre-order has been placed. Probably too late for beta but I won't worry about that.

Maybe or maybe not I can't really say. Still, if you check out icewinddale.com under the FAQ there is a link for filling out the form for accessing the beta.
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    elminster said:

kaguana said:

Why we can't get those T shirt ?????

My guess would be time requirements and shipping difficulties. To actually spend the time and effort securing orders for them and shipping them worldwide would probably be fairly time consuming (I imagine there are also customs rules and all sorts of issues). Especially given this is a video game company.

The makers of Homeworld Remastered actually had a video where they discussed this (it related to their collectors edition and physical copy of a game/ the mothership model you get with it) during the most recent pax. Whether its distributing t-shirts or whatever you are still going to run into difficulties and it is still probably pretty time consuming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1OxNVYfeLA

Relevant stuff starts at 1:25.
    actually they pretty much just state that things are difficult for international shipping, they don't go into any sort of details.

here is a very basic rundown of what it takes just for france:
    https://smallbusiness.fedex.com/international/country-snapshots/france

you'll notice if you read the whole page that just figuring out how to declare what you are shipping is specific to france, and completely separate from determining duties and import taxes.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    bengoshi said:

Personally, I have never liked ideas that were presented in the Black Hound project. If BG3 is ever released, I hope the story will be different.

If I directed the "Bg3" project, I'd go for a prequel =)
    A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has entered beta and will release "when it's ready" to ensure the best experience for players, likely within a month.

"when it's ready" Hmmm that sound like @Dee words to me lol
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited September 2014
    I would have liked it to be a touch meatier. No new playable content besides some salvaged side quest or two? no new challenges or enemies to beat. No new graphics.

Half a dozen of new kits. new class or two. Utterly irrelevant zoom function. Just.meh. " Oh man, I sure wish I could have few more kits!!!" < - Has anyone ever even felt this way in any IE game ever?

Underneath it all, IWD is an excellent game though. Just that everything that was bad about original is going to be bad about this, too. It improves, changes or adds nothing of value to GOG version.

Post edited by Stradlin on
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    I love all the additions they are making, there are tons of them. Lots of options for making your team now as opposed to the originals "basic classes only" it adds a TON of value to the experience.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    @kaguana so if we haven't heard anything directly about the beta by now it's safe to say we weren't picked..?
    @Sjerrie Nop it doesn't mean anything @Dee mention the fact that when they will need beta tester they will choose from the once who applied for it based on the system that we got on the PC that they wanna test, I guess for now they don't need any beta tester.

I'm sure that when they will need us they will call us ;)
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Can't wait!
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Pre-ordered. Excited, (very).
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Question about the beta sign-up:

How do I sign up with the other 2-3 PCs that I would/could play this on? Do I just fill out the form multiple times, or would that overwrite the previous entries?