Skip to content

Things I love about IWD that are different from BG

Comments

• DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950

I really like that mage robe that gives you really good strength but can only be worn by pure mages. It's fun to play as a pure mage and pretend to be a fighter/mage!

HoW Staff: "You don't REALLY want those weapons that can stun giants and friggin' Marilith demons, do you? No, of course not! Here's a mage robe with 18/99 Str for single class mages instead... because dual classing at 2-9 of fighter is too hard!"
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Dazzu said:

I really like that mage robe that gives you really good strength but can only be worn by pure mages. It's fun to play as a pure mage and pretend to be a fighter/mage!

HoW Staff: "You don't REALLY want those weapons that can stun giants and friggin' Marilith demons, do you? No, of course not! Here's a mage robe with 18/99 Str for single class mages instead... because dual classing at 2-9 of fighter is too hard!"
    I know it's not nearly as good, it's just funny (to me anyway).
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Dazzu said:

In IWDEE it might be usable by Sorcerers, Dragon Disciples, and Wild Mages.
    jackjackronaldo
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

IWD looks more like a DnD pen and paper session you will do with friends which gives a better immersion and space for your imagination.

So if you can have one good idea, just ONE, make IWD 3

That's a matter of opinion...

A tabletop game with a live DM that can adapt and work with the ideas that players spawn around the table can never be matched by a computer game that is restricted to the options that the programmers provided, no matter how many options are included.

Therefor, a computer game focusing entirely on emulating a tabletop game will always fall short. Can it still be a good game? Yes. Does it mean that trying to be the real thing is per definition the best way to go? No.
    jamoecw
    edited September 2014
    Fardragon said:

In IWDEE it might be usable by Sorcerers, Dragon Disciples, and Wild Mages.

And you're meleeing with your single class caster because.... Sure, it effects slings, but I'd rather have the extra MR provided by Infusing or Necro Robes.
    RAM021
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited September 2014
    With mob-type enemies I Tensered my mage wearing the 18/99 STR robe to resolve a fight using up just 1 spell.

* edit: usinging is using something while singing from joy, still I corrected the typo.
    jackjack
    edited September 2014

With mob-type enemies I Tensered my mage wearing the 18/99 STR robe to resolve a fight using up just 1 spell.

* edit: usinging is using something while singing from joy, still I corrected the typo.

But you'd get better results from a Fighter/Mage multi or dual-class, who can provide the correct exceptional strength (18/91+) with enough rerolls, and gets better weapons, like say... a Fighter/Mage specific sword... or any weapon that isn't staff or dagger?
    Post edited by Dazzu on
    kcwise
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I have to agree with everyone who says the music is brilliant. It just grabs you and pulls you into the game. Also the visuals are just gorgeous. I do love the amazing mosaic style inter chapter graphics in BG2, but the simple but effective IWD chapter cut graphics have their own power.
    jackjackkcwiseJuliusBorisovStarflower2525
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    Dazzu said:

But you'd get better results from a Fighter/Mage multi or dual-class, who can provide the correct exceptional strength (18/91+) with enough rerolls, and gets better weapons, like say... a Fighter/Mage specific sword... or any weapon that isn't staff or dagger?
    rerolling is not what i consider to be fun. so the robe would give strength with less unfunness (though the rest of your points i still think are good).
    kcwise
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

Nuuber will replace all NPCs in the new enhanced version of Heart of Fury mode.

Wilson will replace all NPCs. It will then be called Heart of Furry mode. :p
    They'd all have Boo as a familiar.
    elminsterButtercheeseRAM021JuliusBorisov
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Wilson! Wilson! Wilson! ::crowd begins to chant::
    RAM021