Skip to content

When is the BG2ee 1.3 patch coming out?

Comments

• SergeTroySergeTroy Member Posts: 86
    Considering what it's like to deal with their customer service as a customer, I don't want to imagine dealing with them as an employee of any stripe.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Revealed: All we have to do to get the patch is to find this doppelganger Osner and fix the bug related to him. *goes searching...
  • Orange_LazarusOrange_Lazarus Member Posts: 6
    Is anything being done on the pathfinding? I just started playing BG2EE after finishing v1.3 of BGEE and the pathfinding seems way worse now.
  • Orange_LazarusOrange_Lazarus Member Posts: 6
    OK. It just sucks getting 5/6 characters to a gate and then realizing that one of your characters went the opposite direction for some reason. I should just enable teleporting I guess.
    edited September 2014
    @Dee It's the greed of a fan: while the exact release date and time may be problematic for release, is there anyway we could get some kind of short list of fixes we should hope to see in the next patch or patches? It would be just a little bit of a tease, an appetizer for the fans, where doable. It's just been a while since we had word on the timeline and so if the timelines not something to be counted on, this would help.

Edit: No offense intended with the dependable comment, I'll admit straight up I have no idea about the exact number of projects that are being worked on, how much you guys have in the way of resources for both manpower or whatever.

BTW: Have you or anybody else looked at the 'Wasteland 2' thread in OT forum. Kind of nice to see isometric gameplay being pumped by other companies and a fanbase returning to.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

OK. It just sucks getting 5/6 characters to a gate and then realizing that one of your characters went the opposite direction for some reason. I should just enable teleporting I guess.

If you keep their destination points small you shouldn't have too many problems really. It's when you try to send them from one side of a map to the other, for instance, that they start going all over the place. You just need to stay on top of them. Also, you can increase the pathfinding nodes in the game's ini file. I forget what the max is, but it's a lot higher than the default value.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Let's just cross fingers the new road, if it's launched, will be a little bit shorter than the previous one :)

After all, we now have a new, advanced jet (improved engine) to drive faster than before.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited September 2014
    bengoshi said:

Let's just cross fingers the new road, if it's launched, will be a little bit shorter than the previous one :)

I somehow doubt it. They've made it pretty clear that any patch won't be released until it's "perfect" and beta testing will be a factor this time as well. As long as the beta testers keep finding issues the patch will remain in limbo.
    Post edited by Silverstar on
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    If we are anticipating a long road (bgee 1.3 was over 6 months) it would be nice for a stable-ish early patch to leak to the Mac App store (like for bgee 1.3), as we did not get last year's patch and still worry about the memory leak corrupting saves (among other things) and could probably live with some relatively minor new irritations if we get confidence to actually play the game. Of course 'minor' is tough to call.

If we anticipate a shorter road (< 2 months) then it is probably worth putting up with the grumbling and waiting for the regular patch with everyone else.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

I somehow doubt it. They've made it pretty clear that any patch won't be released until it's "perfect" and beta testing will be a factor this time as well. As long as the beta testers keep finding issues the patch will remain in limbo.

To say nothing of the fact that BG2:EE is a much, much, much larger game, which will therefore require a substantially-longer period of time for beta-testing. The fact that they haven't even started that process doesn't bode well.

Although one can say Trent's estimations rarely turn out correct, at least this tweet means we won't get the 1.3 in the nearest weeks.
    They better hurry up with this. InXile is very much getting a bigger draw from me here, considering (from my understanding) we're looking at a game Modders had pretty much already brought to this quality and bug free vs. A game like Wasteland 2 that's more ably to say it's a renewal of the isometric genre. Not to mention a dream of Torment: Tides of Numenera. Not a programmer so I can't speak with authority, just a consumer.
  • TazokTazok Member Posts: 34
    I haven't read this yet and dont know if there is a place with known bugs listed but please look at multiplayer. Its almost as bad as it was in the original game only at 1920x1080 now. super laggy to loot or move items if you arent the host and you cant even transition through chapters if you arent the host. So anyone who joined the game has to alt f4 out so that just the host can watch the cinematics.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited October 2014
    @Tazok I don't play multiplayer, but from reading posts from people testing multiplayer in the BG:EE 1.3 patch I think it should be much improved in BG2:EE 1.3 patch as well.
  • AhmborAhmbor Member Posts: 21
    german language in 1.3?
  • VakarianVakarian Member Posts: 94
    @Dee - thanks for the info on the progress towards 1.3. It is definitely appreciated. Do you think you could post regular updates (maybe weekly, at least until the beta comes out) so that those of us eagerly awaiting its release can keep up with how it's going?
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    my guess is it will come in early in November as that will be the time I will no longer be able to spend time playing it until sometime in the next year
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    element said:

my guess is it will come in early in November as that will be the time I will no longer be able to spend time playing it until sometime in the next year

It's far more likely that the public beta starts in early November and the patch is released sometime in the next year, so you are all good.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited October 2014
    They stole Blizzard's trademark, basically..

Soon™

I'm sure it'll come out as soon as this group I'm running through multiplayer BG2 with has completed it.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Elendar said:

I'm sure it'll come out as soon as this group I'm running through multiplayer BG2 with has completed it.

Play faster damn you!
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Dee
    Is upcoming patch going to fix game mechanics issues ?(corrupted opcode, spells, innate abilities, scripts, etc,etc.)
    Recently, Galactygon reported a lot of bugs I would like to see fixed, is there any chance it would happen when new patch comes out?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited October 2014
    @Dee is the patch gonna include an option click to pass on the cutscene away ???
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Will this patch address issue 8963 for bg 1.3 with the water not displaying on android for some tablets and phones? I have gotta hace water on my tablet!!!! Yes, i know what i said!!!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Cr4zyJ‌ I hope your tablet is waterproof...
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    It is with the latest software update... ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Sed said:

It is with the latest software update... ;)

I thought that just allowed microwave recharging....