Skip to content

Icewind Dale Meme & GiF Thread: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Hmm @bengoshi‌ Did I stole an idea of yours :P
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    @Elrandir IRL too, dual-wielding does have its uses, but only in one-on-one fights. In large engagements, especially with archers, you're screwed if you don't have a shield.

Of course in games we have this handy thing called magic to add to our protections.
  • Scottfree9000Scottfree9000 Member Posts: 18
    I fail with image size
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Scottfree9000‌ Your welcome :)
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited October 2014
    Dual weilding is completely practical!!!! Havent you seen the matrix reloaded!!???!!! They did it when they fought neo in the mountain castl.... oh yea that didnt end well... hmmmmmmmmmm
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Godd points @Elrandir‌ . I agree with most of what you say. An adventurer would travel light. Leather armour... You would not be able to walk far in anything more... Maybe a hauberk, or chest plate... MAX.

When the fight was imminent, that is when you cracked out the armour.

As for dueling... Would not most the fights an adventure face, be of a duelistic nature? With 6 in a party, it is rare you face 12 or more opponents... We are mostly talking one on one here.

Somebody mentioned this dude earlier... I had to read up about him, as I did not have a clue. I think many anti-sword men out there would love him. His favoured weapon was the bokken, a sword like club, that he would quiet often, sorry @Elrandir‌ , dual so he could conquer multiple foes. Alhough he was a master of many weapons, due to the number of different schools of weaponry he started... Anyway read this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi

Personally, I think he was a one off. So my reality adventurer would carry one sword, or axe, or pole-arm and a defensive posture. Shields? No... Think how awkward it is carrying a surfboard in the house... Now multiply this by a thousand in a treacherous dungeon.
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Possible to not totally drag the topic off topic
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    meagloth said:

You simply lunge and push his sword away and come in and stab with the other hand. As long as you push is sword out enough he cannot reach over and stab you. Make sure you're quick though, otherwise you just run straight into a pointy sword.

Alternatively, you can do all that much easier with a one big-ass shield.