Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Parker, I honestly have no idea. Someone like @AstroBryGuy‌ could probably whip one up for you—assuming he has time and can access the Mud Master site (which appears to be down). Otherwise, I can probably adjust EE Keeper and make it backwards compatible, that way future Winewrapped versions would be compatible (which would take quite a bit of time since I only have a limited amount of time per day to spend on this now).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Sorcerer's Place has a copy at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_editors.php

i can try with that.
    Troodon80CrevsDaak

Sorcerer's Place has a copy at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_editors.php

i can try with that.

That also includes the source. I can probably update that with some of the unknowns if anyone is interested. I can include portions of it into the EE Keeper editor and make it backwards compatible.
  • Zirus_BlackheartZirus_Blackheart Member Posts: 46
    Is it possible to using EEKeeper to give my Shadowdancer the ability to train Set Trap?
    @Zirus_Blackheart,

Shadowdancers cannot use the Set Snare ability under normal conditions—though you probably could manually add the Set Snare innate ability and increase the Set Traps thief skill. I cannot vouch for how well this will actually work, however, as any restrictions applied may be hardcoded with other appropriate in-file variables (like kit ID).
    yeah it might bug the chr tottaly :-/

its a shame as set snare is the only thing a shadowdancer is missing if you ask me, they should add it to the kit but only let the shadowdancer increase it to a certain lvl, or, only allow the shadowdancer to gain the skill at a higher lvl :-)
    Sjerrie
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Troodon80 said:

i can try with that.

That also includes the source. I can probably update that with some of the unknowns if anyone is interested. I can include portions of it into the EE Keeper editor and make it backwards compatible.
    @Parker - Here's a copy of Gatekeeper in a Wineskin wrapper for OSX. It runs, although I do not have a version of BG1/TOTSC installed to test it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/GateKeeper.zip
    CrevsDaak
  • ParkerParker Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    Post edited by Parker on
    AstroBryGuyCrevsDaak
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Thank you much for keeping this current. The Re-roll button is an interesting feature, but I doubt many use it, as is. Would it possible, in a future update, to add an auto-roll feature to it, saving the best rolls? If so, it'd also be nice to see the roll total and have a counter going to show how many rolls. Thank you much, again.
    @Jidokwon, that's on my long term list of things to do, along with options to enforce proficiency limits, auto-calculation of HP, saving throws, and thieving abilities. No idea when or if any of it will be implemented, but the list is there. :-)
    JuliusBorisovCluas
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @Troodon80 Now that IWDEE is almost out, will you be updating EEKeeper for it?
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Is it going to happen? :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ awesome! Thanks for that feature ;)
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Maybe I'm missing something.

The buttons on the toolbar to allow game switching are missing?

I can go in through via the Settings > Installation Directory > Choose profile, to change game but that's not as intuitive as the previous buttons on the toolbar.

@decado, no, you're not missing anything. That's the new layout. You change profiles in the settings. I can add a drop-down menu of sorts which will list games/profiles, but other than that it's just a simple 'Reload' button.
    PibarojackjackCrevsDaak
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Alright, that's okay then! The text for the save games still describes buttons on the toolbar so that'll need to be amended.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Teeny tiny issue with the drop-down menu for kits in the 'characteristics' screen... Multiple shadowdancers show up. :)

I was actually looking for 'trueclass', but that was luckily still recognizable by the 0x40000000 value (though still called shadowdancer in text).
    Troodon80CrevsDaak
    @decado,
    decado said:

The text for the save games still describes buttons on the toolbar so that'll need to be amended.

... I thought I had everything worked out.

Actually, I think I added that line in reference to being able to switch games on the fly. It's no longer relevant, I think, so it can probably be removed (easier and quicker than editing it and then trying to translate it, but I'll leave that option open; one of those "it'll be done when it's done" times). If I do keep it around, it'll be changed to something along the lines of "To select a different game, go the the Installation Directory and pick, or create, a new profile."

:-)
    moody_mage
    Sjerrie said:

Teeny tiny issue with the drop-down menu for kits in the 'characteristics' screen... Multiple shadowdancers show up. :)

I was actually looking for 'trueclass', but that was luckily still recognizable by the 0x40000000 value (though still called shadowdancer in text).

That was working before I uploaded. I'll need to take a look at the game tomorrow.
    HaHaCharadeCrevsDaak
  • Misfit_KotLDMisfit_KotLD Member Posts: 16
    I've downloaded the latest version, but it gives no options under game profile or under game language. I can browse for an instillation directory but nothing will actually make EE Keeper do anything so I can modify games.
    And here's the screenshot.
    OK, here. Apologies, I cannot compute tonight, apparently.
  • rockmedic109rockmedic109 Member Posts: 3
    I cannot find the "Installation Directory" of my GOG purchased IWDEE.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Troodon80‌ ,Thank you for making EE Keeper work with IWD:EE on the very day of release.

I do have a problem though - the utility is refusing to save any profiles. I've tried about a dozen times to enter the pathing info for IWD:EE, and it works - one time and one time only. I've followed your instructions to the letter about naming a profile, setting the pathing, and clicking apply. It refuses to save.

So, I can work with EE Keeper in IWD:EE, but, I have to go through the entering of the pathing information every time, which is kind of a pain in the behind.

Any ideas about why it is not saving profiles?
    ronaldo
    edited October 2014
    I want to un-subscribe to this discussion, how do i do it? :-s

I cant see an option here nor in the email :-s
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I am having the same issue as @BelgarathMTH I can't find how to save my game profile.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @BelgarathMTH‌ @ronaldo‌
    I can't reproduce this.
    Do you follow the instruction?

1) Enter game profile name
    2) click "add"
    3) browse "installation directory" - select language - browse "User Save Data Directory"
    4) click "apply"
    5) click Ok

If this doesn't work. Which OS are you using?
    Where did you installed EE Keeper?
    Maybe you don't have the right to modify the ekeeper.ini