Skip to content

State of Ascension

Comments

• kiryamokiryamo Member Posts: 12
    Nor 2015 nor 2125. It won't do it. Forget it.
  • SageSage Member Posts: 28
    :(
    I just tried BP Ascension for the first time and it seems there's all sorts of mandatory core components? =/
    http://america.iegmc.net/bigpicture/BigPicture161G_Manual.pdf

I do not want:
    • Shadows Over Soubar (Game Mod)
    • The Darkest Day (Game Mod)
    • Tortured Souls (Game Mod)
    • The Big Picture (Game Mod)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    they're not mandatory, just ignore them and only say yes to ascension if thats all you want.
    Cuv said:

@Sage not sure where you found that link - but I have no idea who that person is who wrote the pdf. Here is the link to official mod forums for BP and BP Ascension by the actual author of the mod: Horred the plague
    http://www.shsforums.net/forum/192-big-picture/

It seems my Google skills aren't fully operational. My thanks!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    That is what big picture used to be before it switched over to emphasising on tactics :). I played that once but some of those mega mods just aren't all that practical (sort of force you to take npcs or you miss 80% of the mega mod contents)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Cuv said:

@Sage not sure where you found that link - but I have no idea who that person is who wrote the pdf. Here is the link to official mod forums for BP and BP Ascension by the actual author of the mod: Horred the plague

My computer point that link as malware intent site. However, that link is pointed in the SHS Forum as the read me of Big Pictures and there's no other read me for this mod. Does someone have any read me for this mod?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    kamuizin said:

Cuv said:

My computer point that link as malware intent site. However, that link is pointed in the SHS Forum as the read me of Big Pictures and there's no other read me for this mod. Does someone have any read me for this mod?
    Horred linked a readme to this post

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56284-bpv181-is-released/
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited December 2014
    @Cuv: With the 1.3 patch right around the corner, has there been any progress on this front? Thoughts on EE-specific additions? Or at least in fixing the "death glitch" in the BP version?
    Post edited by shawne on
    shawne said:

@Cuv: With the 1.3 patch right around the corner, has there been any progress on this front? Thoughts on EE-specific additions? Or at least in fixing the "death glitch" in the BP version?

Death glitch?
    Sage said:

Death glitch?

A few players reported a glitch with BP-Ascension where Sendai can't be killed because there's a bug in the script - the battle just goes on and on.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Any chance someone can attach a save game just prior to this encounter? I could take a look. Or does anyone have an idea which script is the problem?
  • RooksxRooksx Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2014
    Someone on this forum has already provided a fix for the Sendai bug. Can't help further now because I'm at work but will dig it up later.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    shawne said:

Sage said:

Death glitch?

A few players reported a glitch with BP-Ascension where Sendai can't be killed because there's a bug in the script - the battle just goes on and on.
    I think that this comment is related to Stratagems, not BP. See
    https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers/p1

edited December 2014
    Musigny said:

I think that this comment is related to Stratagems, not BP. See
    https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers/p1

That thread's a bit of a mess - some of them were using SCS, some weren't. I'm using BP-Ascension and can confirm (with two separate characters) that if you start a new ToB, turn into the Slayer, revert back and rest, you instantly die. Not sure what to do with that...

EDIT: To clarify: I've encountered this bug with no other mod installed except BP-Ascension, so the problem is definitely there - probably a result of whatever changes were made with the 1.3 patch. So my playthrough's on hold. Again. *sigh*
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Sorry. I thought you mentionned a problem with Sendai.
    Musigny said:

Sorry. I thought you mentionned a problem with Sendai.

I don't know if the Sendai glitch is still there, or if it's caused by SCS - the Slayer thing is something I literally just noticed ten minutes ago.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    Cuv, are you doing this port as a hobby or as beamdog employee ?
    In case of the latter, please share your timetable with us
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    Like all mods, they are made as a hobby. If they are not included in the official release, they are not part of their prerogatives as Beamdog employees.
    A company won't (and shouldn't) pay employees for non monetizable work.
  • GraypGrayp Member Posts: 16
    Meyahi said:

Like all mods, they are made as a hobby. If they are not included in the official release, they are not part of their prerogatives as Beamdog employees.
    A company won't (and shouldn't) pay employees for non monetizable work.

"Shouldn't" is a big generalisation to make. In the case of ascension, this is exactly the kind of thing I think should be paid for by the company as it has such a big impact on the general acceptance and actual game that it should just be included.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Cuv said:

Yamcha said:

Cuv, are you doing this port as a hobby or as beamdog employee ?
    In case of the latter, please share your timetable with us

Yamcha I had been working on it as a modder - but that *may change after Adventure Y and will actually be allotted time to work on it officially :) That is about all I can say on that subject atm.

Ascension as DLC?!? That would be SOOOOOOOO cool!
    While I don't have to actually pay for it, yes. Otherwise I'd rather convert it myself ;p (or use BP-Ascension).
    edited December 2014
    Cuv said:

@Yamcha I had been working on it as a modder - but that *may change after Adventure Y and will actually be allotted time to work on it officially :) That is about all I can say on that subject atm.

But...

So...

edited December 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

While I don't have to actually pay for it, yes. Otherwise I'd rather convert it myself ;p (or use BP-Ascension).

We've been waiting for over a year now. If you have the skills and the time to convert it yourself, do like Ginty:

• QuitchQuitch Member Posts: 17
    @Cuv, not rush you son, but I just got Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. i give it a month before I reach Baldur's Gate 2, then another month before I make it to Throne of Bhaal.

There's your timetable ;)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2014
    Quitch said:

@Cuv, not rush you son, but I just got Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. i give it a month before I reach Baldur's Gate 2, then another month before I make it to Throne of Bhaal.

There's your timetable ;)

If Cuv won't get to it until after Adventure Y, then I think we're looking at closer to 6 months to a year.
  • MBerlMBerl Member Posts: 25
    Oh, a @Quitch sighting! Quitch, can you please tell me somebody is working on Return to Windspear?

On topic: Niceee, light starts to show on the distant horizon!
This discussion has been closed.