Skip to content

Dungeons & Dragons Legends of Baldur's Gate

12346»

Comments

• Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
    Issue 2 Spoilers

Minsc and his new witch run into some roguish underworld types, including a half elf called Kryndle. Kryndle agrees to smuggle them into the lower city with the help of the Fetcher, an underworld boss, who agrees to help them only if Kryndle delivers a letter to his contact in the Parliament of Peers, the nobility of Baldur's Gate. Turns out Kryndle's noble contact is.... his father, Coran, who has managed to become BG nobility! Kryndle must be his illegitimate son from Coran's quest!
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Grimo88 said:

Issue 2 Spoilers

Minsc and his new witch run into some roguish underworld types, including a half elf called Kryndle. Kryndle agrees to smuggle them into the lower city with the help of the Fetcher, an underworld boss, who agrees to help them only if Kryndle delivers a letter to his contact in the Parliament of Peers, the nobility of Baldur's Gate. Turns out Kryndle's noble contact is.... his father, Coran, who has managed to become BG nobility! Kryndle must be his illegitimate son from Coran's quest!

Oh my god! Coran has been moving up since I last seen him in BG:EE, BG2:EE and in Murder in Baldur's Gate!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

Grimo88 said:

Issue 2 Spoilers

Oh my god! Coran has been moving up since I last seen him in BG:EE, BG2:EE and in Murder in Baldur's Gate!
    Huh, he was werewolf food last time I saw him. :-)

• BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    lunar said:

Grimo88 said:

Issue Spoilers

Huh, he was werewolf food last time I saw him. :-)

I think you got him confused with Safana.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Okay, I've decided it's worth the ride as of issue #2. There were a couple of panels with Minsc dialogue that had me laugh out loud (or at least chortle), and it seems like the art and writing are going to be high quality, or good enough for me anyhow.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited November 2014
    Yay. For a moment there I thought it was a new CRPG announcement. But a comic book. Hmm... forgive me if I don't purchase party horns.

Edit: Will they at least double as quest modules?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Parts 3, 4 and 5 are already out.

Part 3: "A knockdown brawl at a noble party, a frantic chase along the rooftops, kidnapping, extortion, and monsters aplenty... Yup, just another day in Baldur's Gate."

Part 4: "Tyranny of Dragons! Can Minsc, Boo, and their new friends stop the dragon cult before their magical ritual destroys the city? Less talk, more fight!"

Part 5: "A dragon rampages through the streets of Baldur's Gate and the only thing standing between salvation and destruction is two thieves, a wild mage, a ranger and a miniature giant space hamster! Swords for everyone! It wouldn't be Dungeons & Dragons without a dragon, now would it?"
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    That handsome fella is not half ugly enough to be Coran's son :v
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    bengoshi said:

Parts 3, 4 and 5 are already out.

They're available for order, but to the best of my knowledge they aren't on the shelves yet. Comics are solicited around three months in advance of publication.
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    So from what I've gathered, the game's plot is canon, but with certain story elements from the books. Most notably, that a human male fighter named Abdel Adrian was CHARNAME.

Well, if nothing else, Old!Abdel Adrian has some pretty cool armor.
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    You can track the series, including previews and release dates, here: https://pulllist.comixology.com/series/26461/Dungeons-Dragons-Legends-of-Baldurs-Gate

You can buy the series, including DRM-free backups, here: https://www.comixology.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Legends-of-Baldurs-Gate/comics-series/26461

Issue 3 is on sale this Wednesday.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Onestep said:

So from what I've gathered, the game's plot is canon, but with certain story elements from the books. Most notably, that a human male fighter named Abdel Adrian was CHARNAME.

Well, if nothing else, Old!Abdel Adrian has some pretty cool armor.

You mean his birthday suit? He basically fights naked in the last few fights.
    Cultist: "Kill him quickly!"

Minsc: "No! You will kill me slowly, or not at all!"
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Too bad I never got into comics. It appears that most of the stuff I like gets continued in comic book form
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Recently Max Dunbar has posted some of the penciled pages from DnD Legends of Baldur's Gate issue 3:

http://max-dunbar.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Hey, everyone!

We can buy the Collected Edition of The Legends.

Shamefully, the single issue sales on the series were okay, but didn’t set the world on fire.

So they've decided to release a high quality collected edition.

"If you’re a tabletop gamer (as I am) or loved the original Baldur’s Gate video games I think you’ll really enjoy the fun adventure story Max Dunbar and I put together for Wizards of the Coast as part of D&D 5th Edition launch. Please consider ordering a copy for yourself or snag one as a gift for your gaming friends so Minsc and Boo can continue their righteous quest for justice.
    Jim Zub

http://www.jimzub.com/legends-of-baldurs-gate-tpb-in-stores-wednesday/
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    I love the series. For those who haven't picked it up yet, I have a review of the first issue here: http://www.sidekickcast.com/review-legends-of-baldurs-gate-1/

However, am I the only one who was royally flabbergasted at the fact that issue #3 has somebody take out an elf with a sleep spell?
    Now possessing the whole series, I can say that it was a fun read, and I would like to see another series in the same vein.

@chbrooks I was also surprised to see an elf succumb to sleep; perhaps they are using 2nd edition rules, where it is only a 90% resistance and not immunity. That's still very unlucky...
    Hey there!

If you have the Dragon+ magazine app on your device, you can get the first issue of Legends of Baldrur's Gate for free! Either in PDF or EPUB format.

Don't miss!