Skip to content

Do you want all the things?

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
Another curiosity, if you don't mind. How much of a compulsive looter are you? Do you take everything, or just some things? Or maybe no things at all? This is a poll to see how people play.
  1. Do you want all the things?60 votes
    1. I take all the things!
      16.67%
    2. I take most of the things!
      35.00%
    3. I take exactly half of the things!
        0.00%
    4. I only take magical things!
      45.00%
    5. I only take normal things!
        0.00%
    6. I take absolutely no things!
        0.00%
    7. Who is this loser, and why does he want to know how I play?!
        1.67%
    8. I know this loser, but still wonder why he wants to know how I play!
        1.67%
JuliusBorisovRavenslightCrevsDaaklolienbooinyoureyes

Comments

• FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    All for Silas!
    sarevok57NimranJuliusBorisov
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    I think most describes it most aptly. At beginning it's almost everything, in particular in BG1, but the further into run, the less I take, cause I don't need money (last run in BG1 I had over 200k gold after buying +2 ammo for my two archers and two slingers as well as all spells my two slingers could learn).
    kcwiseNimran
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    I tend to take everything that isn't nailed down until I have at least 5k gold and only magical stuff afterwards
    kcwisejackjackNimran
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Only gems and magical gems. No silver necklaces, however.
    kcwiseNimranJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Most of you are like me, then. Anything magical, I take it. If I need money, I take a few other things along, but that hardly ever happens.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I *love* to roleplay as peddling merchants! But given that the games sadly don't have item creation systems (other than combining a handful of magical equipments at special shops I mean), such an character background is only able to work by selling every single trinket you'll come across their "trade routes".
    kcwisejackjackJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Magical things, gems, and armor upwards of platemail. Should probably loot katanas, too, but I never remember that they're actually worth something.
    jackjackkcwise
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    because this is the BG forum, I'll stick to my BG tendancy. I don't pick up normal items in this unless it is something like full plate that still has value, and then for that somebody is going to need high strength to carry it. BG has pretty limited inventory compared to many other games so I need to be a little picky or I am stuck getting rid of low value items later to make room or constantly going to a shop to sell. I do things differently elsewhere though:

DA games I pick up everything I can. In DAO I start getting inventory space as quick as I can from the merchant at Ostagar, as he has a cheap backpack upgrade that can be bought twice, once before and once after the journey into the wilds. in DAI I didn't want to put perks into my backpack, so I limited myself to the 60 starting space until late in the game where there were no more other perks I really wanted. If I don't have a store in the area yet then I would return to Skyhold with a full inventory after getting a new camp to return directly to my last point, or if I am forced into a need to return to camp anyway because of potions. If I ran out of space I got rid of the cheapest stuff. I would like to sell them, but I was not THAT worried about it.

in Elder Scrolls I generally don't loot at all. you get so much money in those games I don't feel the need to, and I like going from the cheap house to the big manor over a long playthrough rather than getting all the money for the best house right away. also not looting to sell means my inventory can go into things that I actually need. if I currently have a thief character, however, I will loot because that is a part of being a thief: stealing from people.
    NimrankcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    Nimran said:

So far, only @elminster‌ thinks I'm a loser. Making good progress among the forumites!

My selection was more for the second half of the statement than the first :)
    NimranlolienkcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Yeh, just having some fun. :smiley:
    elminsterkcwisewubbleJuliusBorisov
  • Starflower2525Starflower2525 Member Posts: 44
    I take most things till I get enough gold to buy items.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Early game I take most things but quickly you get so much money looting everything just isn't worth the effort.
    kcwisewubbleJuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    sarevok57 said:

basically if its worth more than 2 gp, its mine :)

Something like this.
    kcwise
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    sarevok57 said:

basically if its worth more than 2 gp, its mine :)

Something like this.
    kcwiseNimran
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hmm.... I really should check my bag of holding hoarding. I can never tell how many 1gp axes I have in there.
    JuliusBorisovkcwiseNimran
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Early game I take most of the things and sell some of them. Late game I take only the strongest magical items that I like.
    kcwiseNimran
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited December 2014

DJKajuru said:

Only gems and magical gems. No silver necklaces, however.

hmm... why no silver necklaces in particular? Do you not like the style? Does it not match your favorite outfit?
    Or is it because its magical properties are poisonous to your kind @DJKajuru‌ ...or should I call you by your real name.... DJKaroug

#thetruthisoutthere
    #Iknowwhatyoudidlastsummeronwerewolfisland
    You got me!

They're worth only 2 gp !
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    JuliusBorisovHeindrich