lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
edited January 2015 in Off-Topic
Ill bet im not the only one.... :P
TeflonmeaglothlolienkcwiseCoryNewbTJ_HookerCrevsDaak

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    lordkim said:

My name's been mentioned in that thread a couple of times, but I don't speak Spanish (I think that's Spanish?) so I've stayed out of it. I stay out of a lot of threads though if I think my opinions will provoke people or if I can spot right away by the title that they'll be of no interest to me.

For instance, kiwidoc has a thread about "pictures of women in realistic armour" I think it is. Generally I think kiwidoc has good and intelligent opinions on things... but I'm a big fan of revealing and "unrealistic" armour on women in video/computer games so I'm pretty sure that thread is of little interest to me and quite possibly aggressively opposed to my sense of aestethics. I shall never know though because if that turned out to be the case I'd still be returning to the thread regularly because that yellow "X new posts" that appears under threads you've entered always haunts me :neutral_face:
    WilburlolienkcwiseCoryNewb
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

lordkim said:

My name's been mentioned in that thread a couple of times, but I don't speak Spanish (I think that's Spanish?) so I've stayed out of it. I stay out of a lot of threads though if I think my opinions will provoke people or if I can spot right away by the title that they'll be of no interest to me.

For instance, kiwidoc has a thread about "pictures of women in realistic armour" I think it is. Generally I think kiwidoc has good and intelligent opinions on things... but I'm a big fan of revealing and "unrealistic" armour on women in video/computer games so I'm pretty sure that thread is of little interest to me and quite possibly aggressively opposed to my sense of aestethics. I shall never know though because if that turned out to be the case I'd still be returning to the thread regularly because that yellow "X new posts" that appears under threads you've entered always haunts me :neutral_face:
    I love revealing gear on women as much as the next guy but there comes a time where it just gets silly.I could accept it on a thief fkr manouverability but there's no way a female figbter would accept any lesss coverage/protection than a man would

I try to avoid any discussion on which class is the most powerful and whether to go dual or multi. Same with weapon styles/choices.
    AristilliuskcwiseCoryNewbNonnahswriter
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    some people here don't read the more realistic armors. me:

that said, lately it feels like they are running out of content and lowering the line between realistic and not. in the beginning there were a lot of good ones, but now I am not finding them as much. meanwhile only the first page of the unrealistic stuff has been opened by me, possibly even by accident it was long ago and I know I have no interest in using any of them even if I was just curious of how unrealistic some of them were. what I especially don't like to see is this:

i swear the light and heavy should be switched around. this is like the classic higher armor rating= more revealing idea. this is the only armor design I can really hate in this way in DA Inquisition. image

other than that I generally am not around much outside of the off topic section anymore, so I am likely missing a lot. if it isn't at least in recent discussions on a topic I am interested in then I likely will not pay it any mind unless it is off topic.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • The_VityazThe_Vityaz Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2016
    The "realistic" female armors. Clicked on it once, saw all the supposedly "realistic" boob plates and never came back.

It's not really a "realistic armor" thread. It's more along the lines of "women wearing something that isn't a stripper-tease/pin-up/chainmail-bikini/another-kind-of-outfit-just-made-for-leery-eyes" thread.
    >_>

Then it's a misleading title. Simple as that. :P
    Post edited by The_Vityaz on
    lordkimkcwise
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    LadyRhian said:

You guys don't read my thread?! Son, I am disappoint! ;)

I do! I don't usually read art threads, but every week or so I scroll through yours for portraits. generally after getting up for a snack while it loads :-) you have a lot of good stuff in there.
    Elrandir said:

And also, I generally don't read other's written play-throughs. Despite being my favorite type of thread, there are too many great but unfinished stories (Like @Luridel‌'s Mariel play-through and, heck, even some of my own are unfinished, though I WILL finish them all someday) and so many play-throughs blend together because they're not terribly unique.

Confession: I never read playthroughs. They are so long, and I've played the game before. I did do one once(sort of incomplete.) and I enjoyed it a lot; it added a lot of depth to my game, but i don't see how people have the time to read all that(let alone write it)
    I don't say this much, actually, I don't think I've said it at all, because everyone else seem to thoroughly read and enjoy all of them, but I'm sorry, I just don't see the point.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolienTJ_Hooker
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I don't read forum games like "Guess the Next Poster", and I often stop reading threads that start out as interesting discussion, but then devolve into "Who can make the funniest joke that has little to do with the original topic here?"

I stop reading art threads and playthroughs after they get so many unspoilered images in them that my browser can no longer keep its place in the thread, because of all the loading it has to do every time I click on it.

I sometimes enjoy reading fan novelizations when I have extra time on my hands, but if I get busy, it gets too daunting to get caught up with them, so I'm kind of on and off about that. Also, there are so many of them to read at once, with new chapters posted at random intervals and at different rates, it's hard to keep up with where I am in what story, and who the characters are or what they're doing.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolienTJ_Hooker
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I stop reading art threads and playthroughs after they get so many unspoilered images in them that my browser can no longer keep its place in the thread, because of all the loading it has to do every time I click on it.

guess at least in the playthrough thread I am in everything is in a spoiler :) too bad we didn't get to play last week though. hopefully this week is good so we could be in a good place for me to continue. andre's descent to madness continues, and I just had to start writing again to properly make it obvious from an outside perspective :)
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien