Skip to content

Explain your profile picture.

124»

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2014
    I have decided that this thread does not deserve to die - so I have grabbed my crash trolly and applied the paddles. This may or may not succeed but lets give it a go.

I found the link to this thread in the one about names - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34249/whats-the-story-behind-your-screen-name#latest It is a really interesting read - sometimes enlightening and at other times bloody hilarious when someone has changed their pic.

My avatar shows just how lacking in modesty I am. This is one of my own photmanips, and probably one of the best I ever did (she said oh so modestly)
    Full version of the pic is here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33012/liriel-drowess-mage-cleric#latest

• SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    I believe mine is pretty self-explanatory: argent, under a chief embattled sable, a fox rampant sable! ;-)

Seriously though...of the many internet aliai I've used, "fox" has featured rather prominently, as I have something of a soft spot for them (probably due to them having, until recently, been hunted by posh country folk merely for the fun of watching dogs rip them to shreds - a practice I have always opposed). One of my other monikers (and also my Steam name) is Suburban Fox, which is from a computer game I used to play on a school computer. I therefore chose a fox rampant as my logo.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    The ever seeing eye of Sauron sees all, know that and be judged. This is Sauron in Mordor. I like Tolkien's Middle Earth and I like the bad guys in general. Need to find a cool image of Melker.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Some folks change portraits so frequently, that their previos explanations on the first pages of this thread make no sense ;) But it's fine! Changing portraits is fun!

My current portrait is the picture of Miyamoto Musashi, who is widely considered to be one of Japan's greatest swordsmen. He's also a philosopher. Musashi is famous for his duels and for authoring The Book of Five Rings, in which he details the principles and practices for his self-taught dual sword wielding style. After his death, many conflicting accounts of his life were made and romanticized into modern fiction.

This portrait is from Nobunaga's Ambition game series, that offers many other wonderful asian portraits, suitable for BG as well.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I was pretty tired, was bored and had to take a photo in my bath... because i like my bath. Grey photos are cool because they always leave room for imagination and are not so intrusive to the viewer. I dont like portraits of people in color realy that are so fake. I also dont like to smile stupidly into the lens just because others do or believe it´s a common thing. You know... when you meet someone in a club (drunk or not doesnt matter) and once enlightened around the next morning dont you wished that person would have been more natural.... same with pictures imo. So better to have something that represents you in an average way :D
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited September 2014
    I changed to this picture by request, and since I really like I think it'll stay for a long while.
    Edit: or maybe forever...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I got this one when I joined.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Just Bruce Lee's silhouette. Simple as that.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    The Juggernaut is my favorite Marvel character, not because he's especially well-written, but because his powers and fighting style appeal to me. In video games, I like to hit hard, take hits like a champ, and always liberally use any kind of charging/momentum mechanic whenever possible, and if I take advantage of magic it's usually to augment those aforementioned activities. My icon is the result of Juggernaut picking up a cursed Asgardian hammer and becoming Kurth, Breaker of Stone. I mean, what's more awesome than the Juggmeister? The Juggmeister empowered by Asgardian magic, that's what!
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited December 2014
    Mine is Urdlen the only evil Gnome God. I use him for my Deity for my Cleric/Thief playtrough of BG.

He has a Sinterklaas mitre ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas ) this week, because we celebrate his birthday.
    And a extra santa had.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Shadows of Amn logo. No explanation needed. Santa hats. No explanation needed.

:) trying to determine my next avy though....
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Many years ago I was watching VH1 Classic's "Metal Mania" retro video show, and saw the most ridiculous and at the same time awesome video I had seen in many moons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMOeBTHbTUs

The band is Grim Reaper, and if this isn't the prototype for a 80s metal band steeped in 2nd Edition Advanced D&D I don't know what is. My avatar is the album cover from the LP with the above title song.
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    An illustration by Edmund Dulac. He mainly drew scenes from literature and fairy tales back in the early 1900's, many with an eastern/oriental style.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    sometimes I take a stupid amount of screenshots for no reason while playing a game. in this case though the screenshots were to make a comparison between a bunch of versions of the same character to decide which I liked best with a few different shots. after that I had realized christmas passed and I needed to remove my santa hat on my dark souls pic and decided that I should start using a picture of whatever PC i am using in whatever game I am playing at the time.