Skip to content

Do you max your HP/level rolls?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    [Deleted User]CaeriaAureol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @subtledoctor: The max HP for both players and the enemy thing is an option in a mod, I think SCS. I'm pretty sure the vanilla game doesn't roll for enemy HP.

I don't mind if a difficulty mod gives the player a bonus. Just so long as that bonus isn't a REQUIREMENT for overcoming the upped difficulty. For HoF mode in IWD and IWD2, the extra XP you get isn't actually a requirement for beating the game, nor are the HoF IWD2 items. I know you can beat HoF in IWD with level 10 gnomish Cleric/Illusionists: Righteous Wrath of the Faithful stacks with itself, and in vanilla IWD a party of gnomes can reach 10 APR, since vanilla IWD Haste doubles attacks, instead of just adding 1 to APR. The fatigue effect can be blocked with the Helm of the Trusted Defender, and cured with Unfailing Endurance. As for HoF in the sequel, you can beat it with level 18 sorcerors and/or bards.

So the bonuses of HoF mode don't bother me. But I can think of one difficulty mod where you really do need to use the new items and so forth in order to survive.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Depends on the playthrough.

However I like doing the 50-50. Even levels I max, odd levels I roll.
    Blackraven
  • AureolAureol Member Posts: 53
    @subtledoctor I suppose I could average instead, and that would be more true to the formula, but that also sounds like more work :smiley:
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Reloading for a higher roll or having the difficulty bar to the "middle-left" seems unfair to me, borderline cheating. Cheating steals the value of games in my experience and I don't plan on spoiling my favorite game for a character that has uncalled-for high HP
    CaeriaHeindrich[Deleted User]Gozeta
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Here is how I would ideally like it to go-at least today!!

Mage: Max HP
    Thief: 5+
    Bard: Max
    Cleric: 7+
    Fighter: 9+
    Ranger: Max unless underground [random]
    Paladin: Max
    Multi-class: Max

Any Character whose Seriously Wounded script has triggered in the last 48hrs game-time would accept one HP pt less than the table. Any Character resurrected since the last HP-Level gained would only get the first random result. It might also work well to limit any resurrected character to random HP gains for the rest of the playthrough...

I wish there was a game setting that produced rolls that were always above average but not necessarily Max.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.