Skip to content

What I've Learned about Life from Playing BG

Comments

• Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Ha! Europe (and Africa) deserved a lot more love but I needed to do that quick and dirty. I would've been greatly displeased with myself if I spent more time than necessary on it (read: more than 5 minutes). I thought what little I had was sufficient for a good smile. Three shots of espresso makes you do crazy things.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Life is all about experience. Specifically, the major boost to skills and abilities which come from seemingly simple tasks like delivering a letter or finding a lost ring. Hand over the required item and WHAM! you can almost hear the sound of new experience entering your mind. It's like a giant plus sign hovering over, and a little to the side of, your head!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited March 2015
    I learned that it takes just as much space in my pack to carry a full suit of plate armor as it does to carry a dagger.

---

Come to think of it, every adventuring group actually has a 'bill the pony' who trudges behind them, carrying their gear. Otherwise it is just ridiculous.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    When your familiar dies, you lose 1 HP forever.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    If I start to talk to someone but change my mind about doing so they will stop whatever they are doing and stare at me for about 15 seconds before they return to their business.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Can you cast polymorph other on a squirrel? Because you could then turn them into wyrvens. Close enough!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    This thread delightfully reminded me of this thing.
    No matter where you go, everyone knows about your reputation.
    Killed a dude in Ulgoth's Beard? Won't get 10% off from that merchant in Tethyr.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    You should think before doing it with a chinchilla.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    edited March 2015
    NybCR said:

CaptRory said:

Lava is perfectly safe so long as you don't actually wade into it.

This is something I have learned from every single video game I have ever played in my life. I now know that if ever I am to encounter lava in the real world, I can walk up as close to it as I like and be just fine as long as I don't touch it.

It's probably a good thing I don't live near any volcanoes.
    Actually, if you have the right boots, you'll be fine...at least according to Wizards & Warriors (awesome NES series BTW; music was great).
    Post edited by Fiendish_Warrior on
    I think miniature giant space hamsters function like normal hamsters and that Boo is actually something very different.
    My brother told me yeeeeeaaaars ago that Boo is actually Minsc's brother who got polymorphed. Though even after intense research I wasn't able to find out any proof of that.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

I think miniature giant space hamsters function like normal hamsters and that Boo is actually something very different.

My brother told me yeeeeeaaaars ago that Boo is actually Minsc's brother who got polymorphed. Though even after intense research I wasn't able to find out any proof of that.
    That just sounds like Jak and Daxter.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Grum said:

Can you cast polymorph other on a squirrel? Because you could then turn them into wyrvens. Close enough!

I've tried it. Didn't work. My grand scheme of rolling through Cloakwood unscathed was ruined.
  • VahnXIIIVahnXIII Member Posts: 33
    Before any decision in life, minute or major, I must roll a dice of some sort to determine the outcome.

Manager: "How do your Q2 sales projections look like?"
    Me: *rolls a 20 sided die, lands an 18, subtracts the conservative skepticism penalty of 16, net 2 to land a hit
    Me: "It'ls be a close one, but we'll squeak by for Q2."