Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    @bengoshi Uh, okay. The original phrase was explicit, so I guess I followed suit. /shrug
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

Guys help me out... who is "Montressa"?
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350

joluv said:

One more:
    "image of scarevok"

is scared of

My paint skillz be unparalleled...
    Wilson, is that you?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    edited April 2015
    @booinyoureyes Montressa=CHARNAME
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 898
    cyberhawk said:

Why?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Klorox said:

cyberhawk said:

Why?
    2 great reasons are 1) the jokes are almost never funny or tasteful 2) making unfunny racist jokes is a douche move.

I might fell differently if the joke is actually GOOD, but most are pure racist ****. There might be an issue for some that some Muslims don't like the jokes either and react predictably poorly.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Bengoshi's meme was fine but I know from experience that you have to be careful about these things. Stuff can get out of hand quickly whether the joke was offensive or not. It also depends on the person receiving the joke, some people have a good sense of humour and some are just looking for something to be offended about.

Now in the name of Jehovah let's move on!

• cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    wubble said:

Bengoshi's meme was fine but I know from experience that you have to be careful about these things.

That is what I meant too. You don't simply make a joke about the Qoran, because muslims often don't like them and get offended. Thus, you didn't actually make a joke, but instead offended people. So it's not a simple task to make a joke about the Qoran.

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @booinyoureyes play nice with the squirrels.

By which I mean throw nuts!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Nimran said:

@booinyoureyes play nice with the squirrels.

By which I mean throw nuts!

But they always cheat! Minsc says cheaters need a swift kick in the backside
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 898
    cyberhawk said:

wubble said:

Bengoshi's meme was fine but I know from experience that you have to be careful about these things.

That is what I meant too. You don't simply make a joke about the Qoran, because muslims often don't like them and get offended. Thus, you didn't actually make a joke, but instead offended people. So it's not a simple task to make a joke about the Qoran.

Thing is, nobody mentioned anything about religion. It was a joke about Coran, the character. It had nothing to do with the Qoran, and i doubt most people even thought about it.