Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Jaheira folded her arms and glared at Alora, mostly because anybody unable to get past such a lecherous lout had no business leading an intrepid group of adventurers, no matter how incapable some of that troupe might be. She had little patience for fools, and did her best not to suffer them any more than she absolutely had to. As for Aerie, Jaheira figured similarly: if she couldn't get past the lustful and longing glances of the unsuitable, then the girl had no business in the hard world.

After a pause, she declared, "Storms are the least of your concerns with nature if you deny us passage." Such as the natural crack to the head that her quarterstaff might provide - this was the strong implication of her words, and she was fairly certain he knew just what she meant.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The man shrugged. "You want to freeze to death out here, that's your business," he said. "You attack me and you'll never get in alive. 1 gold. Pay up or go home."
    The wind kicks up and more snow pelts down out of the sky, stinging your exposed skin with its intensity.
    OOC: Is this guy clearly an official of any sort? My take was that he was a bit of a bum. Anyway, I was sort of going for an intimidate/bluff check, leveraging that 15 CHA, but wasn't ready to go to combat arms :wink:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Minsc silently moves and places himself between the man and Aerie.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora realises she has overlooked something important. She goes back to speak to the guard.

"Does the entry fee to look round the castle include refreshments? And do we get a map? Oh, and is there a gift shop? And what happens if we want to come out and go back in later? Do we get a stamp on the back of our hands to show we've already paid?"

• cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    A stamp on the back of our hands? I imagine this to be rather painful! You are no cattle Alora, why should you want a brandmark?
    Only now, when she was somewhat sheltered from the elements, did Jaheira actually shiver. From the torn ground, to the hideous eyesores of the rough stone buildings, she was disgusted. They had cut, cleared and leveled all semblance of the natural world from every feature of this accursed place, and (this was the worst part) were probably proud of the accomplishment. "I have no patience for fortresses. Our stay had best be a short one," she told Alora, for it was important that their self-imposed dictator realize how things went. For that matter, it was good that the other underlings (herself and Khalid excepted, of course, also realize this.
    edited April 2015
    Alora can't understand why Jaheira is so grumpy. They are having an adventure and adventures are supposed to be fun.

Alora looks at Jaheira and wonders whether what she really needs is a tickle? Maybe that would turn her frown upside down? Yes. That's probably the answer, someone needs a tickle!

Alora tickles Jaheira.

Tickle, tickle, tickle!
    The door to the building opens, but no one appears to have opened it. A ghost of warmth issues forth from the open doors. It's certainly warmer inside than out here in the courtyard. You hear the sounds of people moving and talking within.
    edited April 2015
    Alora is a bit non-plussed by Jaheira's reaction. Surely everyone likes a tickle? Maybe druids aren't ticklish? Maybe she should try again when Jaheira is a bear?

She is musing on this when it suddenly hits her that since she is the leader everyone is probably waiting for her to tell them what they should do next.

"I think we should go in out of the cold," she announces. And then she proceeds to do just that.
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    Don't worry Alora, you did the right thing to try and tickle the frown away. It seems however, all atempts might be pointless for certain people.

Jan is unable to resist the appealing warm atmosphere of the building and takes careful look inside.
    Alora decides that Jan might not be so bad after all. However, she can't understand why he is still standing outside.

"We've paid, so they have to let us in or give us our money back," she announces loudly as she goes into the warmth.
    "I told you there would be a gift shop!" announces Alora happily and heads off to the Bazaar in the hope of finding a Castle Greyhawk snow globe.

This discussion has been closed.