Skip to content

April, 25 and your chance to speak to the Developers. The game exhibition with Beamdog in Edmonton

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
This year, there will be a big game development event called the Game Discovery Exhibition (GDX).

It's happening on April 25th, 2015, and the hope is to bring together the game community in Edmonton to show off their projects and portfolios, network with other developers, and generally celebrate game development. Ideally, they'd like to make this a yearly gathering for Edmonton-based game devs and players.

The format is going to be a lot like GDC, PAX, IGF and so on. Developers will be there showing off their demos and portfolios of work. There will also be panels on serious games, indie games, and both the tech and art side of the games industry.

Beamdog will be in attendance and on panels, so if you're interested in game development, it's definitely worth checking out! We also want to encourage anyone who's interested in playing games to check out the projects on display, so feel free to invite anyone you know!

So, you can come and speak with the developers.

http://www.gdxedmonton.com

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/game-discovery-exhibition-gdx-edmonton-tickets-15115569074

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Is this the kind of thing where they announce an official name for stuff like adventure y?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2015
    meagloth said:

Is this the kind of thing where they announce an official name for stuff like adventure y?

I personally hope so. Some reasons that give me this hope:

- it's spring already;
    - a "deadline" Amber Scott has mentioned recently;
    - an expansion of the Devs' team;
    - a recent Error 503 on http://siegeofdragonspear.com/;
    - an importance of the whole Game Discovery Exhibition will be greater if something as big as the next Baldur's Gate game is announced there.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

- it's spring already

I was going to make a joke about it not being spring yet in Edmonton. But apparently today in Edmonton its supposed to get as high as 22 degrees Celsius.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    ...It's snowing in Ontario today, so its not spring, and bears can all go back to bed for a week.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

You'll know Spring has come to Edmonton when the sun stops setting.

Or the Oilers make the playoffs.
    bengoshi said:

meagloth said:

I personally hope so. Some reasons that give me this hope:

- it's spring already;
    - a "deadline" Amber Scott has mentioned recently;
    - an expansion of the Devs' team;
    - a recent Error 503 on http://siegeofdragonspear.com/;
    - an importance of the whole Game Discovery Exhibition will be greater if something as big as the next Baldur's Gate game is announced there.
    Hmm.... Alright, I'll do it for the clairvoyance badge:P
    Adventure y will be announced at the... Thing that... Whatever this thread is about. Ah, oh! The GDX. That's it. The GDX.

I had to scroll all they way up to the top of the page to figure that out. I hope you're happy.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Anyone who's been there care to share news? Or isn't the event over yet in Canada? (here in Holland, it will be April 26th already in half an hour).
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Cool, Cool @typo_tilly so where can we find this news when it goes live?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    WHATS THE NEWS, PEOPLE?!!?!
    I NEED MOAR NEWS!!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    One thing is for certain. The Adventure Y hasn't been announced... yet.

It would be excellent to see a blog entry this week on the Beamdog panel at the Game Discovery Exhibition.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @bengoshi do you have some exciting news from the panel?
    @Cahir I do! As of 4:08 AM of the 28th day April in the Year 2015. I can inform that there has been no breaking news as of yet! *Although I am so gitty to get some MOAR NEWS!*
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Well, that's completely nothing about EE's and Adventure Y. That's... disappointing. But thanks anyway :smile: