Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Game Manuals

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
With Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition's release, the manuals are also ready to peruse. They are linked below.

Also linked below is the Feature Guide, which highlights the major enhancements made to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Survival Guide to the North (PDF)
Mastering Melee & Magic (PDF)
Feature Guide (PDF)

Enjoy!
Post edited by Dee on
jackjackhook71PibaroelminsterdvdbangsrudCluasRAM021KenjiCrevsDaaklunarchickenhedJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]loliensunset00fireandsteel73ProontRik_Kirtaniya[Deleted User]georgelappiesAxieanastiel

Comments

• LeematonLeematon Member Posts: 33
    Great, thanks. I was wondering when these were going to show up. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Thank you :)
    elminsterCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Feature Guide, p. 5

"Find Familiar, Shapechange, and Regeneration can *can* now be cast freely in the mountains of the Spine of the World."

There's an extra can there.
    [Deleted User]
  • AodenAoden Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2014
    Greetings! Sorry for my English (Google Translate). Can I independently add additional localization files for android-version, or need to reconcile this with the developers?
    Post edited by Aoden on
  • KetkallzKetkallz Member Posts: 19
    Dee said:

With Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition's release, the manuals are also ready to peruse. They are linked below.

Also linked below is the Feature Guide, which highlights the major enhancements made to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Survival Guide to the North (PDF)
    Mastering Melee & Magic (PDF)
    Feature Guide (PDF)

Enjoy!

Hi there,

Those links don' t seem to work anymore. I get the message "you took a wrong turn" on a further blank page.
  • moving_targetmoving_target Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2015
    it's a shame these Game Manuals don't have that how to create your own custom sounds, the old version icewind dale's manual(include icewind dale II's) has it.
    where is the sndlist.txt?? give me this i can create my own sound set!!
    Post edited by moving_target on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @moving_target The game manuals don't have instructions on creating custom soundsets, yes. You can read the appropriate instuctions here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8868/heres-how-to-add-custom-sound-sets - this general instruction works for IWDEE as well.

Also, you can download several soundsets from here - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee#latest.
    lolien
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Links for manuals don't work.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Fiach The links Jalily posted on February, 28, work just fine, as do the links on the official site. I've checked it a moment ago.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I've fixed the links in the top post to match the ones Jalily posted.
    lolien
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Is it possible that the manual completely fails to mention which race can choose which class?

For example, only Humans, Elves, and Half-Elves can be Druids - but I cannot find anything about that in the "Mastering Melee & Magic" PDF.
    SorrowSeer
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    I provided the vanilla italian manuals because GOG never put italian goodies (and it is very slow-stuck releasing translations that community provided it).

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40729/vecchi-manuali-in-italiano#latest

It was before GOG reunites vanilla and EE. Now on, could Beamdog recommand them to GOG, @JuliusBorisov? It would be good.
    Post edited by rede9 on
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    ineth said:

Is it possible that the manual completely fails to mention which race can choose which class?

For example, only Humans, Elves, and Half-Elves can be Druids - but I cannot find anything about that in the "Mastering Melee & Magic" PDF.

Me neither.

• RastRast Member Posts: 12
    Is this the right thread to point out a very minor error in the manual?

Page 380, "Paladin spells per day", the very last line.

It says Paladins get only 4 level 4 spells per day, but in fact they get 5 in-game.

Once this is corrected, you could combine pages 380 and 381 into one chart...
    [Deleted User]ProontRAM021
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Greetings.

When there will be manuals with changes from 2.5v patch?
    Dev6RAM021
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Greetings.

When there will be manuals with changes from 2.5v patch?

@JuliusBorisov is this something that beamdog plans on doing eventually?
    JuliusBorisov
    It's still to be decided.
    Dev6
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Sorry Julius but i have to say that the feature guide, wiki and this forum are incomplete regarding information. It doesnt say anywhere what are the cut contents restored (if all of them are restored) as it doesnt say if this bugfixing patch got merged with the EE. Someone should post the links so we could see them:

Fixes: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/fixes/iwd_fixpack/

Restorations: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/quests/ub_iwd/

Also, i couldnt find a link in the site/forum that showed a full changelog with all changes from all versions to keep tracks of what was fixed/improved.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Felipefpl, I found here that both Fixpack and UB were included except for the UB component 'Marketh's Ring'. v8 of UB has the Ring but I have never tried it so I can't say whether it works. Since it was CamDawg, then I can only guess that it does.

Hope that helps
    Gus
    JuliusBorisov
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Thanks Gusinda for your help, i hope they'll include this info in the manual, i still wish they release the complete changelog though.
    Gusinda
  • farantafaranta Member Posts: 4
    These links don't work anymore. Does anyone have the manuals please?