Skip to content

How Do You Keep Up With Threads?

ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
edited June 2015 in Off-Topic
While wondering whether or not certain people had seen a new update on a thread of mine today, I thought that perhaps they don't check their "Participated Discussions" section. (something I have a tab practically dedicated to 24/7) So this is a thread to sate my own curiosity. How do YOU keep up with threads?
  1. How Do You Keep Up With Threads?24 votes
    1. Participated Discussions "If I wasn't already a part of it, I don't care."
      20.83%
    2. Bookmarks "I NEED to know when this thread is commented on."
        0.00%
    3. Best Of "If it's not good enough, then I'm not interested."
        4.17%
    4. Discussions "I don't really keep track of things."
      50.00%
    5. Activity Posts "If there's no buzz, then why should I care?"
        4.17%
    6. Being Tagged "If someone wants to name drop me then maybe I should check it out."
        8.33%
    7. A High-tech Self-made Application Specifically Designed To Bring Up Threads I'm Interested In. "Forum is love. Forum is life."
      12.50%
[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisovTeflonlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I don't hit "participated" because it takes too long to load :)
    JuliusBorisovTefloncmk24lolien
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    I don't bother. :p
    JuliusBorisovTeflon
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    With the exception of non-English categories, every single last notification about a new topic or comment gets sent to my inbox. Then, at the end of the day, I do a backup and move all the clutter to a dated folder on my network. Typically around 500-1000 notifications per day. I'd say a bit of every option.
    JuliusBorisovElrandirTeflonlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    http://forums.beamdog.com/discussions

Following this link, and then every single link there indeed means the forum is life :wink:
    wubbleElrandirlolien
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    If a thread title doesn't get my attention I typically don't read. If once I open it, and I don't like what I see, I don't come back.
    wubbleTeflon
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I'm not quite as active as I used to be on the forums, so I tend to stay in my nice little cubbyhole of participated discussions. (Namely my own, though there are certain threads that update frequently enough for me to read) I do occasionally venture out, however, checking (in order of frequency from most to least) Discussions, Challenges and Playthroughs, Best Of, and then anything someone tags me in.
    JuliusBorisov
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I usually follow after the threads that are marked as favorite since I'm not around so much.

I have marked the thread "All you wanted to know about the “Adventure Y” (the unofficial thread for this project)" in its beginning at 2013, but in the recent months every time I enter after an absence of couple of days/week, I get HUNDREDS of notifications! I seriously don't know whats going on with it ( maybe the weird countdown at the main page?), But if anyone wants to feel important - That's the way to go!

I gave up on that one.. :-p

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    elminster said:
    @elminster, you are now a developer?? congrats! I really missed alot I guess..

I will follow the thread, or just wait another 1 day till the count down clock hits 0? ;-)

JuliusBorisov
    I do QA for Adventure Y. :)
    mch202JuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    elminster said:

I do QA for Adventure Y. :)

Do you reckon you'll do more than QA in the future or just stick with that?
    I'm pretty happy with what how things are going at the moment. :)
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    If I'm interested in a particular thread, when I log on and have the time, I check it. Same if a new (or previously unnoticed) thread looks interesting. If not, I await to be summoned if needed.
    JuliusBorisov