Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    The thing I dislike about the inventory is they've seemingly removed detailed stat breakdowns and replaced them with a single number that's not all that informative.

For example, in the current BG:EE version you can see that you have a 1 base AC from full plate mail, -4 AC from Dexterity, -1 AC from Helm of Balduran, and -2 AC from Ring of Protection. Next to all that it prints out your total AC: -6. In the new, "improved" UI you only get a single total: -6. That's not even nearly as helpful to me.

And I would guess this change is irreversible, since it removes UI elements from your inventory, and I find it hard to imagine you could mod back in something that's been completely removed from the UI. I might be wrong, though.
    jankiellolien
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @Pecca I consider myself a "veteran" of Infinity Engine games, given that I bought them when they were first released, and have played them many times since then, in various incarnations. So try not to lump everyone under the same moniker =D

For me, the EE series isn't just "same ol, same ol, re-release" but more a chance to make "enhancements". After all, we have the original games still available for purchase for the people who want to keep it old school.

I am hopeful the new UI will be an overall improvement. I like that I will be able to see the spell descriptions next to the icons in a list for example, as long as the list is easily navigable. I agree that the current information needs to be retained (the stat breakdown is very handy).

Lets hope for enhancement, which the "lack of" is one of the main complaints I see about the EE's since they launched.
    kanisatha
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    @Faydark: ok my bad, I meant I couldn't see it helpful for anyone familiar with the game. Anyway, I agree with you.

@Adul: If they keep these information tabs in the gui file then it can be easily restored.
    Adul
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Zarugal said:

I hated that my fighter/thief was stuck with the fighter model, and I know many people complain about the kensai/mage also being lumped with the fighter model.

That's the kind of stuff EEKeeper is made for. :wink:
    BelgarathMTH
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Jalily said:

The UI is a work in progress.

No coloured fonts pls.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    hey any news about the game? what about translations? when at last will it be released? Beamdog after all this waiting and timer thing just announce the game and that's it? will we get another timer again?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Q4 2015 is the target though ultimately it will only be released when its ready
    Adulcmk24
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited July 2015
    @elminster thanks, what about translations?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited July 2015
    @wojtek
    About translations, I quote Philip Daigle:

We’re currently waiting for word from some publishing partners regarding the possibility of translating Siege of Dragonspear into languages other than english. For news on that front, keep an eye on the forums. As soon as we have translation plans confirmed, we’ll let everyone know there.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    wojtekcmk24
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Do we know whether new characters will be DLC for IOS and Android (like Dorn Neera and Hexxat)?
    meagloth
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    Was there anything in Pillars of Eternity that made you say "That's great! We want that in our game!" such as a game mechanic or a UI or QOL improvement?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Aedan said:

@wojtek
    About translations, I quote Philip Daigle:

We’re currently waiting for word from some publishing partners regarding the possibility of translating Siege of Dragonspear into languages other than english. For news on that front, keep an eye on the forums. As soon as we have translation plans confirmed, we’ll let everyone know there.

If there is no Dothraki version, I'm not buying the game

Khal Boo ahhas arakh
    RavenslightMrSexton
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Will updates for BGEE and BGIIEE be released before, at the same time or after SoD?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    MrSexton said:

Will updates for BGEE and BGIIEE be released before, at the same time or after SoD?

The plan is concurrently.
  • ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2015
    Davide said:

Zarugal said:

I hated that my fighter/thief was stuck with the fighter model, and I know many people complain about the kensai/mage also being lumped with the fighter model.

That's the kind of stuff EEKeeper is made for. :wink:
    Yes, but I don't see it being a difficult change and with SoD introducing a vast array of new UI and character appearances that are getting backported it would be the perfect time to add raw support for it.

But if it isn't included then EEKeeper is the next port of call.
    Post edited by Zarugal on
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Arunsun said:

Do we know whether new characters will be DLC for IOS and Android (like Dorn Neera and Hexxat)?

booinyoureyes
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    As far as I know, they'll be part of the expansion (not DLC).
    booinyoureyes
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    /blinks
    Why is it whenever I visit the rpgcodex site it's filled with such negativity?
    AstroBryGuy
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited July 2015
    I always feel like a grumpy old man compared to "normal" gamers, but man, am I nowhere on the grump-o-meter next to those guys! :wink:
    MetallomanArcalianlolien
  • Ignatius_J_ReillyIgnatius_J_Reilly Member Posts: 24
    Did you notice the "Doesn't scale to your level" at the top of the page?

RPGCodex is a place where people can complain about RPGs (modern ones, in particular) without being shouted down by apologists as being "Too old!" or "Can't accept change!" or any other such phrase. So yes, the tone is one of overwhelming negativity and cynicism.

I don't go there myself - too much stink of Chan culture about the place - but I do sympathise with their perspective a bit.
  • ilhdrilhdr Member Posts: 33
    Is there any word about old saves compatibilities after the patch?
    kcwise