Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• LudkaLudka Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    I know people said (even here, in this thread, on page 108) that patches for BGEE and BG2EE will be released simultaneously with Siege of Dragonspear, and that if you want to start BGEE-BGEE:SoD-BG2EE marathon with a shaman, you will have to wait until the day of release... but either I have missed something, or it has not been confirmed directly by anyone from Beamdog. I mean, I could only find that "Yes" comment by @Cerevant left on page 108. :(
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    So, in general, what's left to do with SoD before it can be released?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Debugging, mostly. Which is probably the longest, most difficult, part of the development cycle.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    They also said that they are still working on some mechanics, so I think you could also say they are fine-tuning ^^

I think it was David Gaider who said some amusing bugs who where in the game during the alpha stage.
    (He was explaining what they where doing after they said that DA:I was in the alpha stage)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Ludka said:

I know people said (even here, in this thread, on page 108) that patches for BGEE and BG2EE will be released simultaneously with Siege of Dragonspear, and that if you want to start BGEE-BGEE:SoD-BG2EE marathon with a shaman, you will have to wait until the day of release... but either I have missed something, or it has not been confirmed directly by anyone from Beamdog. I mean, I could only find that "Yes" comment by @Cerevant left on page 108. :(

It's the BG2EE part that complicates things. SoD is an add-on, so installing it onto BGEE means everything comes with it. The problem is taking all those improvements and bringing them over to BG2EE (which is, after all, a much larger game) and kicking the tires enough to avoid what happened the last time they added new kits. I can't imagine anyone wants the Shaman class to not work properly for six-to-nine months.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited July 2015
    I have to say, Avellone really makes M'Khiin sound like the breakout star of SoD - granted, he does favor non-standard party members (Kaelyn, Gann, Okku/One-of-Many, Morte, Marcus)... but it's no coincidence those are the companions everyone remembers.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    mlnevese said:

Ardanis said:

mlnevese said:

I am under NDA. You can tell me everything! (rolls charisma check)

Everything? Really?
    Okay... You're a horrible, horrible person for trying to spoil the surprise we're holding for you and have been working so hard to keep secret :P
    Don't worry I will die before revealing that secret! I take my NDA very seriously :smiley:
    We can kill you and bring you back... We have ways...
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Anduin said:

I want IWD:EE scripts.

I want to know if Monty kills Khalid for being a harper hypocrite... How does the game bring him back to the life before he is killed again... Or even if the game knows if NPCs have been bumped off... Or left as statues...

I want to know possible alignments of characters for future party planning.

I want a gazebo.

I want to know if my wants are wanted or if I should keep my wants to myself.

I often find myself wanting lately...

As is your wont.
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    WOAH! A bard hat! Alright, Team Dreamer, time to MARCH! I need you out of the Dale by sunrise! Nay, sunset! Bard, you're finally going to be getting your hat! (Reference to my IWDEE thread, if no one gets the joke)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    We now need a matching bard tunic and bard booties.
    Your hat should always match your jacket and your shoes, my grandpa used to say.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

We now need a matching bard tunic and bard booties.
    Your hat should always match your jacket and your shoes, my grandpa used to say.

Yes. My granddad would also venture out without pants...
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205

@elminster, you can answer about questions that I have done a few posts above?

Moreover, by examining in depth the video of the presentation is possible to see clearly as SoD is launched like a game in its own right, with its own icon on the desktop. It will not be associated to BGEE as ToB for BG2EE ??

It's an expansion. The version we had during the presentation was modified to jump directly into Siege, but the actual release of the game will be an expansion for BG:EE.
    Then we can assume that a current visual style of BGEE (bluish stone) will be replaced with SoD GUI skin?
    Mhm.. Somehow.. M'Khiin (how do you pronounce the name btw? oO) looks more ..cute than
    scary or dangerous ^^'
    Also, she appears younger in the doodle than in her ingame-portrait imho..
  • BGMonkeyBGMonkey Member Posts: 2
    I actually really hope we get to keep the blue stone interface. I just really like the color and prefer how it looks. Can anyone with a little inside knowledge (hint, hint) give us a clue to its fate?
    ..If anyone is curious and doesn't want to use google translate:
    "Beamdog invited some of the reknown english voice actors for their new dialogues. For example, we will
    hear new sentences (..line is a better fit) from jim Cummings as Mins. The Voice(actor)s of Dynaheir, Edwin
    and Imoen are also returning. Mysteriously : In the list of Voice Actors we find David Warner, known as
    archenemy Jon Irenicus in the second game. Similarly, Sarevoks Voice Actor kevin michael Richardson is
    also returning."

Arcanis said:

M'Khiin (how do you pronounce the name btw?

muh-KIN, with the "muh" happening pretty fast, like "McDonald".
    Thanks, I'll keep practicing to say that, till we can finally meet her ^_^
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2015
    We get to romance everyone except the goblin. How sad. 1 more evidence of removed NPCs that will have to be added to this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42408/evidence-for-removed-npcs-in-sod/p1

I assume this site is reputable because those are two big reveals.
    edited July 2015
    billbisco said:

We get to romance everyone except the goblin. How sad. 1 more evidence of removed NPCs that will have to be added to this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42408/evidence-for-removed-npcs-in-sod/p1

I assume this site is reputable because those are two big reveals.

EDIT:
    Ok I re-read the article.
    1) they say that the other three are *possible* romances, this can mean that it is possible that they are
    romances (though I admit, they should have wrote it better, but thats gamestar for you -_-)

2)the BG2 test was the first one I read in this magazine (print version though ^^). They said you get
    a romance with Jaheira and ..Imoen, so take everything with caution, at least everything that takes
    more than reading hte credits :D

EDIT 2:
    They do say that we meet old friends AND the (now 8) Beamdog NPCs, so that would rather mean
    that there isn't that much removing
    But then again, it is gamestar, the Bild of pc magazines =/
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @arcanis I thought you said you would stop responding to me? ^_^

Have a little more faith in old Bill. From the translated German to English:

Throughout history, we meet both old acquaintances such as Minsk, the new comrades from the Enhanced Edition (including Dark Elf mage Baeloth) and four completely new companion . One of them takes over the new shaman class, three offer possible romances.
    billbisco said:

@arcanis I thought you said you would stop responding to me? ^_^

Have a little more faith in old Bill. From the translated German to English:

Throughout history, we meet both old acquaintances such as Minsk, the new comrades from the Enhanced Edition (including Dark Elf mage Baeloth) and four completely new companion . One of them takes over the new shaman class, three offer possible romances.

I said I don't want to discuss with you the removal of npcs, since we can't really ..discuss it, incompatible
    styles I guess (or we are both to stubborn, dunno :D)

The translation sounds about right. I still think there is some ambiguity here (and I never forgot/forgave
    the Imoen romance they made up =P).

On the other hand.. The last Add-On romance in BG was a werewolve we barely knew before s/he pulled
    a heroic sacrifice so that we don't become a werewolf ourselfs... When Trent said "something like romance"
    I'm not expecting anything and fear trolling... (Prove me wrong, I would NOT mind it =P)

Btw.. Fun fact, i was playing a Shapeshifter when I last got to that Island.. my reaction to her statement was:
    Uhm.. I was always a werewolf, I don't mind the Island, let us make little werewolve babys. ;-)
    Too bad Beamdog was not allowed to change it =(