Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    ilhdr said:

Is there any word about old saves compatibilities after the patch?

During the announcement stream they said old saves will be compatible with the patched BG:EE and SoD (and patched BG2:EE when it comes out), but new saves will not be backwards compatible with the pre-patched versions.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    anyone knows if new characters in SOD will have standalone quests?
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276

Stone you say? You don't think that looks more like the scales of a black dragon...?

Yes in the Main Screen they used a background with dragon scales, but I was talking about the ingame UI, this: image

I think it's a marked improvement from the old bluish interface of BGEE, moreover the dragons are a constant presence in the entire trilogy of Baldur's Gate and it would not be a contradiction basically...
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    There are no dragons in BG1 or Totsc
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    But you will meet one of them in SoD and many of them in BG2.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    billbisco said:

There are no dragons in BG1 or Totsc

The one in Durlag's Tower figured it was better off dying before charname got to it. :)

I'm only kidding of course. That one is actually named Mechezarin and he's been dead for a long time.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    bengoshi said:

While slowly returning to the state when I'll be able to be here as usual, I've gathered a few details available from the Devs from rpgcodex.net.

Few details ahh??? I do wonder how he done it while not have a lot of time :astonished::sunglasses:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    kaguana said:

bengoshi said:

While slowly returning to the state when I'll be able to be here as usual, I've gathered a few details available from the Devs from rpgcodex.net.

Few details ahh??? I do wonder how he done it while not have a lot of time :astonished::sunglasses:
    Superspeed
    @mlnevese so @bengoshi have a haste spell on him ahh, sneaky Ben ;)
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Will it be new magical tomes in SoD that increase the character abilities? There were two in TotSC.
    Err...wasn't there just the one tome added by ToTSC?

Anyways the answer to your question is no

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/657992/#Comment_657992
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Sikorsky said:

Will it be new magical tomes in SoD that increase the character abilities? There were two in TotSC.

Two? I only remember the tome of wisdom in Durlag's Tower
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @Matthieu

Yeah i'm pretty sure it was only the one. The rest where in the normal game to my knowledge.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    They should have told everyone that there'd be another six stat tomes in SoD, but leave out that they're all tomes of leadership and influence. That would have been hilarious.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Make 'em all Vacuous Grimoires.
    elminster said:

Err...wasn't there just the one tome added by ToTSC?

Anyways the answer to your question is no

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/657992/#Comment_657992

That a pity and why not ? maybe a special one that related to protagonist class
    Personally I don't really see the need for any more.
    @elminster No one talk about need, of course it not needed but it still fun to get presents ;)
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    As long as there are new necromancy spells (or just the IWD:EE ones) I'll be happy n_n
    If there happen to be any necromantically inclined items that'll be just a bonus~
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    elminster said:

There are lots of goodies in SoD. I'm sure you'll find something to your liking :)

Such as...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited July 2015
    elminster said:
    and?
    :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

(that's a bribe btw)
    and to learn more you'll have to wait :)
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    @elminster, you can answer about questions that I have done a few posts above?

Moreover, by examining in depth the video of the presentation is possible to see clearly as SoD is launched like a game in its own right, with its own icon on the desktop. It will not be associated to BGEE as ToB for BG2EE ??
    If it hasn't been stated already by one of the higher ups I'm pretty much not going to talk about it.

Personally I don't begin to understand the wizardcraft/witchcraft that is desktop icons. So I don't know anything about that.