Skip to content

Favourite D&D Deity

13»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I wonder what @Anduin considers his favourite deity. One of the gnome gods perhaps ? Perhaps Callarduran Smoothhands? Maybe even Urdlen? :)
    Anduin
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    elminster said:

I wonder what @Anduin considers his favourite deity. One of the gnome gods perhaps ? Perhaps Callarduran Smoothhands? Maybe even Urdlen? :)

Judging by his inflated ego I'd guess Himself
    Anduin
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Uhm, it seems I'm late for the party. Well, thank Moradin someone already named the Soul Forger as their favourite deity. Must confess, I also appreciate Torm and Mystra. As for the bad guys, from a DM standpoint I kinda like Cyric the most, because he's so unpredictable, he could potentially be involved in/be behind anything you throw at your players.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovGozeta
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

I had completely forgotten about Nobanion, since he doesn't get a mention in the BG games, nor in the NWN games without Kaedrin's mod, now sadly unavailable due to what he saw as disrespectful use without permission of his material by the BGR people. :(

@BelgarathMTH Just looked at the NwN2 community mods again after a long time and found something which could interest you as well: Kaedrin is back with new upcoming updates for multiplayers and singleplayers alike! Looks like it's soon time for me to reinstall this game again. :)

On a side note, anyone knows what (non-deceased) pantheons are still worshiped in Anchorome, Maztica, Lopango or Katashaka? These might come in handy for creating upcoming Shaman Bhaalspawns.
    VallmyrelminsterBelgarathMTHronaldo
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Mine is Oghma, because it's patron of wisdom, knowledge and inventions or something along these lines (Sorry pnp purrists, I'm not too well-versed in DnD in general. I only like BG). Aside from that, maybe Mystra .
    elminster
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    My favourite is actually Amaunator. He "died" at some point, then he came back and turns out he was never dead, instead he was posing as Lathander. The sun is the source of everything, so it amazes me that he isn't the Overgod instead of Ao.

I also like Dumathoin, the Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain, and Torm, the Loyal Fury. I also think Malar is awesome.
    elminsterNonnahswriterMoradin
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Mystra
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    So there's like hail coming down hard where I live. I don't even see hail during the winter, let alone during July.

So this must be Auril's wrath.
    VallmyrYannirMoradin
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    (damn it's been a long time since I've posted)

Leira, Mask, Shevarash and Corellon Larethian. 3 chaotic gods and one god of thieves, I suppose you could say I'm not a very trustworthy person. Also Asmodeus.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Drink to the lasting nights
    and those who warm our beds.
    Drink to the mead that warms our hearts
    and the cold that clears our head.

Drink to the Allfather's Eye
    for Moradin's sons are we.
    Drink to the World-Stone
    and the Runes of Mystery.

Drink to the Allfather's Eye
    for Moradin's sons are we.

Moradin's sons are we.
    HARHARHARRRRRRRR!
    elminsterMoradinYannirAerakar
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Bahamut and Tiamet are lesser gods? Fuck DnD then >.>
    SethDavis
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Charname is the obvious choice!
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited August 2015
    Dalla Thaun, of course, for being the only secrety goddess who is actually a secret to people who aren't supposed to know about her. Eat your heart out, Mask.

The Black Hound, Urogalan, The One Who Must Be, is also interesting. Portraying Death as a loyal dog is pretty cool.

Of the human gods I'd say Shaundakul is the most interesting. Very fitting for a good-natured wandering adventurer.

On a side note, anyone knows what (non-deceased) pantheons are still worshiped in Anchorome, Maztica, Lopango or Katashaka? These might come in handy for creating upcoming Shaman Bhaalspawns.

How about Maztica herself, perhaps? Otherwise, here is a list of the Maztican pantheon.

Yannir said:

My favourite is actually Amaunator. He "died" at some point, then he came back and turns out he was never dead, instead he was posing as Lathander.

Heresy!
    Archaos said:

Asmodeus King of the Nine Hells, if we count the later editions and his ascension to godhood.

Gargauth did the whole "become god" thing before it was cool ;) . He was also exiled from the Nine Hells before that for being too horrible even for scummy devils.

I had completely forgotten about Nobanion, since he doesn't get a mention in the BG games, nor in the NWN games without Kaedrin's mod, now sadly unavailable due to what he saw as disrespectful use without permission of his material by the BGR people. :(

Meh, Kaedrin is one of those people who gets more popular than they can handle (even when it's just fame in an obscure modding community) and turns into assholes. S/he released his work under an open license that anyone could change or modify, and then got pissed off when the BGTSCC server people edited that content to better fit the balance they wanted on the server.

Good to see s/he's public again, though. I wonder if s/he's still trying to keep BGTSCC from using the mod.
    Vallmyr
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Ao. Why be a god when you can be the creator of the gods and the known universe?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    scriver said:

How about Maztica herself, perhaps? Otherwise, here is a list of the Maztican pantheon.
    Maztica was murdered by her son Zaltec. So that's one down. From what I remember, the majority of AD&D deities from the True World killed each other as well. I was more wondering whenever the 5th edition had resurrected some of them. Or if there are other gods besides the Maztican pantheon which are worshiped on the neighbouring continents.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    The article states that even though she was killed, shamans still worship her, so that wouldn't be a problem.