Skip to content

Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Hey gang, Fox reporting for duty.

Figured I'd introduce myself since I've most definitely been enjoying the forums here for some time now. I'm a first year law student, D&D player, and all around RPG fanatic. I can say without a doubt that BGII is by far my favorite game of all time.

I cannot wait for SOD. You better believe that I'm pre-ordering the second it becomes available (I've already planned my CHARNAME and company for a glorious full playthrough). It makes me quite happy that companies like Beamdog are out there are keeping these wonderful games alive and adding additional content. I thought The Black Pits 1 & 2 were fantastic, now they throw a whole xpac at us with so many amazing voice actors returning? Bloody brilliant.

I do a bit of fiddling with eekeeper and nearinfinity (just item colors/icons etc. - the easy stuff), and would love to delve deeper into it. I'd be more than happy to help others customize their favorite items down the road - because sometimes you just NEED the flail of ages to be turquoise for your fashion forward dwarven defender.

Well, that's it for now. I hope to contribute to the great community here, and will obviously continue to enjoy the forums! :D
mlnevese[Deleted User]NonnahswriterJuliusBorisovGrumBlackravenCrevsDaak

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Welcome... you'll feel right at home here. Many new modders learned modding in the forums :)

Also we have at least two moderators who are lawyers in real life, me and @bengoshi, for instance :)
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • foxfox Member Posts: 10
    Shandyr said:

Hey there, welcome outside of the lurker mode.

Here, have some eggs.

Aww, aren't they cute and adorable?
    Yes they surely are. But take care, there are actually people here who would love to do this more than anything else:

So take good care of your eggs during your stay on this forum!

I'll spot you the cost of one paper towel due to the spit take that ensued from the drama that was your post. I can assure you that I outgrew internet arguments during the heyday of Diablo II. Also, I possess thick skin +1, which grants me an immunity to troll attacks. :)

Lovely welcome, many thanks.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    fox said:

I thought The Black Pits 1 & 2 were fantastic

Yeah, I've only recently tried them and enjoyed a lot.
    fox said:

It makes me quite happy that companies like Beamdog are out there are keeping these wonderful games alive and adding additional content.

And it makes me happy that Beamdog keeping IE games alive leads to more and more people find out about the IE games that are more than 15 years old and these people like them!

Good luck in your law study! There're lawyers not only among the moderators here, for example, @Grum is a lawyer (and he also adores dwarves, just like I do).

So, I'm sure you'll find a lot to talk about here, on this forum. The thing is, you can nearly talk about everything on the boards, and such talks are often insightful. Have a good time here!
    GrumfoxCrevsDaaklolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Welcome to the :cookie: kingdom! :cookie: for you!
    foxJuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    fox said:

Not going to lie: being surrounded by so many books and logical minds makes me feel like I'm in mage training at Candlekeep haha.

Sometimes I imagine I'm taking pscyhology to learn to be a psion and mind blast people. I'm going to graduate soon (Within the year) and I'm like, "WHY CAN'T I MIND CRUSH PEOPLE YET?!"
    foxJuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    fox said:

Not going to lie: being surrounded by so many books and logical minds makes me feel like I'm in mage training at Candlekeep haha.

Be cautious not to steal someone's cloak there...

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18631/khelben-blackstaff-arunson-and-the-naked-bhaalspawn
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I... I.
    Ho-
    Is it okay to ambush the new people with our eggpocolypse the second they say 'Hello'?

Hahahaha. :D
    CrevsDaaklolien
    Think about it like it's fighting wolves with a level 1 character
    mlnevesefoxCrevsDaaklolien
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    Perhaps I should take him for a relaxing raid on me ship to celebrate surviving his first week. What? don't look at me like that, a little honest plundering never hurt anyone.
    CrevsDaaklolien
    Pillaging and raiding aren't too bad either.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • foxfox Member Posts: 10
    Us lawful neutrals try to abstain from such chaotic deeds :neutral:
    CrevsDaaklolien
    Oh, that's not chaotic. What would be chaotic is if we raided and pillaged FOR CHAOS!
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Nimran said:

Oh, that's not chaotic. What would be chaotic is if we raided and pillaged FOR CHAOS!

CHAOS?!
    Sanity is for the WEAK!
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
    CrevsDaaklolien