Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

That's the BG1NPCinSoA mod. It's part of the the Gnomes in the City component (Quayle, Tiax) which is tied to the Circus quest.

Cool. Does it work with EE yet?
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    edited August 2015

Her WIS is low because I'm considering using the Limited Wish vampire trick. I haven't decided yet, though...
    Helm of Opposite Alignment? Viconia?

Would the charmed vamps have Heart of Fury bonuses?

Best,

A.

Btw. Good luck! Looks fun!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Alesia_BH: I thought the Helm of Opposite Alignment wasn't available in BG2. Where could I find it?

I considered Viconia, but I really wanted Keldorn in my party--partly for the romance I've just installed, and partly to take advantage of his HoF-boosted Dispel Magic spells--and he kills Viconia if they stay in the party too long together.

The charmed vampires would indeed have HoF bonuses. I'd just have to cast the custom spell right after they were conjured.

Speaking of which, Heart of Fury mode should make the bunny rabbits much stronger than they already are.
    On the way to the Promenade, we get a cute dialogue that reminds me what I've been missing in my multiplayer runs.

We needed to get back to the Promenade to gain access to Minor Spell Turning, which will let us bounce Aganazzar's Scorcher spells for crazy damage. There's an obscure merchant here that I only heard about online. He sells the scroll.

I do a test to make sure the fire loop triggers properly.

I forgot to activate the HoF spell, so this probably wouldn't have killed the soldier under normal circumstances.

After much thought, I decide not to take on the gang beneath the Temple District sewers. I can't see myself maneuvering quickly enough to catch the whole enemy party with the scorcher loop, and Gaius would survive anyway. Instead, I just grab Keldorn and move on.

Further testing with the scorcher loop reminded me that I need to be more careful with the aiming.

Also, those enemies didn't have HoF bonuses. I forgot to cast the spell again.

We get another nice dialogue. This is why I like Keldorn.

He's such a good spirit.

We try the scorcher loop once more, only to be reminded of yet another weakness of the trick.

After much thought, I decide to get Jan into the party instead of Nalia. I didn't want to use Jan, since I'd used him so much before, but I don't want to go to the De'Arnise Hold yet, and multi-classes are much stronger in HoF. On the way, we fight off some Beshabans. Farsight and Sanctuary guide our summons.

As per Keldorn's request, we visit his family. It doesn't go too well.

His wife has been cheating on him. The other man also has been acting as a father to Keldorn's children. We track down the culprit. He's some rich guy in funny pants.

We don't do anything to him--Keldorn finds it more important to make peace with his family, so he returns home.

We hunt for XP in his absence. The scorcher trick, despite its absurd power, cannot bring down the Crypt King. But it certainly does help.

We have to resort to summons to win the fight. Again. Aerie gets crushed when her Stoneskins run out and her aura isn't clear, but she doesn't get chunked.

We don't need the sword, but it's worth a bunch of money.

For Pai'Na, who has a LOT of extra-powerful spiders at her command, and Chain Lightning spells that could ruin us, we have to take special precautions. Everybody gets Protection from Lightning, for one. We enter under Invisibility 10' Radius. Once inside, Jan begins casting the spell again. Right before he finishes casting, the other party members begin their own spells. The party turns invisible the instant it breaks invisibility. All Pai'Na saw was a flash.

Pai'Na doesn't call her spider friends for feeding, since there's nothing for them to eat--our summons are all inedible--and so she gets broken down very easily.

Another Spell Immunity scroll falls into our hands. We also get Kitty!

After we finish Mae'Var's first task and meet Edwin, Keldorn returns to the party. Things haven't gone so well with the family.

It's a pretty grim start to the Keldorn romance.
    edited August 2015
    @Alesia_BH: I thought the Helm of Opposite Alignment wasn't available in BG2. Where could I find it?
    It's not available. You'd have to CLUA it in.

I was just wondering how you intended to charm the vamps en masse with a good cleric.

They spawn in hostile. Typically an evil cleric's Turn Undead is used to gain control of them.
    Speaking of which, Heart of Fury mode should make the bunny rabbits much stronger than they already are.
    I need a smiley for this...

Have fun!

Best,

A.
    @Alesia_BH: I just remembered... I abandoned the prospect of doing the vampire trick somewhere along the way, but then forgot. I couldn't do it with this party. Keldorn means no Viconia, and my Charname had to be good-aligned to romance Keldorn.

Control Undead can charm undead critters, but not with their stupid HoF save bonuses. I guess the 9 WIS was a mistake.
    edited August 2015
    I couldn't do it with this party.

Control Undead can charm undead critters, but not with their stupid HoF save bonuses.

I guess the 9 WIS was a mistake.
    That's what I was thinking, yes.

Anyhoo. Enjoy your run!

Best,

A.
    Gaining XP is taking longer than I'd expected. We head out to the Umar Hills, and underestimate the rangers defending Valygar.

I have to reload for some reason... I don't remember if the game crashed or what... and this time we fight them in the daytime. Skeletons keep the rangers busy so Keldorn has room to debuff them.

In my install, Inquisitors cast Dispel Magic at 1.5 times their level. They're still pretty amazing, though we won't be debuffing liches anytime soon.

We follow up with a scorcher loop.

I wish we had more mages in our group, and the party was a bit higher-level... we only get one shot per day at using the scorcher loop, unless we spend an extra two rounds buffing for both characters. One hideous blast per day, and then we're done.

Keldorn tries to pitch in, but Heart of Fury is no place for a melee tank.

Seconds later, Phen runs out of Stoneskin and gets half of her health taken out with one hit. She flees the area, only to find another enemy waiting for her.

Luckily, the cat was busy slaying woodland critters, which gave us enough time to finish off the rangers. We bring back Keldorn.

This guy comes back from the dead, and his first thoughts are of his family. Keldorn is intense.

We move on to the Temple Ruins. The battles with the local undead are awful boring.

In my install, +1 weapons get replaced with nonmagical "Fine" weapons, a bit like in vanilla IWD. This means Skeleton Warriors can't hurt Jaheira's Fire Elementals. Neither can the Shadows or Shadow Fiends or Shade Wolves: they've always attacked with nonmagical weapons.

Phen and Aerie turn undead while invisible to keep the enemies from attacking our visible party members nearby. That's about all the strategy we've got.

Later on, Jan tries to speed things up, casting Haste on our summons. I thought he'd be able to turn invisible before he could get hurt much, since he had Stoneskin up, but I was wrong.

Later still, he gets paralyzed.

He just can't win.

Keldorn gets mopey when we leave the dungeon early.

This is exactly why Alora should be in BG2.

I've noticed my posts are getting increasingly image-heavy, with little text. The battles just aren't that interesting, to be honest. So much of it is just Fire Elementals punching bad guys.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited August 2015
    @semiticgod, glad that Phen is still alive. Am feeling a bit sorry for poor Jan (he died a lot no?)
    I think you're taking the right course (i.e. completing manageable parts of quests and postponing the fireworks for later).

Btw image-heavy is fine. I always wonder after producing a wall of text, a specialty of mine, 'who on earth is going to read all that'? ;)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

Btw image-heavy is fine. I always wonder after producing a wall of text, a specialty of mine, 'who on earth is going to read all that'? ;)

I like to read your "walls" of text. Strategies, descriptions, elements of roleplaying, they have everything.
    More generally, as long as people do not write three pages to describe candlekeep, that's ok.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

I always wonder after producing a wall of text, a specialty of mine, 'who on earth is going to read all that'? ;)

I like those walls of text, actually. And from time to time I even re-read some of them.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    @semiticgod Surely you can take Viccy without siding with Bhodi?
    @The_Potty_1: The issue I had is that if you have Keldorn and Viconia in your party, he'll eventually kill Viconia. Keldorn leaves if you side with Bodhi, which makes room for Viconia. I'm not willing to move any other characters around, so siding with Bodhi means we have Keldorn but not Viconia, and siding with the Shadow Thieves means we have Viconia but not Keldorn.
    Thanks @Musigny and @bengoshi :)

Bartholomew, 4th BG2 update

So Mazzy joined Bart and Aerie. This was a rather spontaneous decision, one which meant that Gaelan Bayle wasn't going to receive his 30,000 GP yet. Instead some shopping was done to give Mazzy some equipment befitting a proper knight. She got Balduran's Plate from Deidre, and her Sword of Arvoreen was upgraded by Cromwell (thanks to the Item Upgrade mod):
    imageimage
    Mazzy has a special kit in my install btw, Truesword of Arvoreen:
    imageimage
    As you can see the kit's properties are largely an implementation of the abilities she already has in her vanilla form. Note the disadvantage though: no specialization in weapons other than Shortbows, Short Swords or Slings.

During a visit to the Copper Coronet the newly formed trio promised to help out a young noblewoman, Nalia d'Arnise, whose lands had been invaded by what turned out to be Trolls. The quest really allowed new recruit Mazzy to shine. With her mastery of short swords and her Sword of Arvoreen she was quite efficient in melee, especially when self-buffed, and with her grandmastery in short bows, she was a ranged powerhouse. She practically soloed the Arnise Keep's first two floors. Bartholomew limited himself to a supportive role with Holy Smites and backstabs; Aerie remained invisible as usual, ready to intervene in case of emergencies.
    On the ground floor there were no incidents, but upstairs a Yuan-Ti Mage gave the companions a scare by rudely Dimension Dooring right into their faces instead of fighting two Mountain Bears with some of its Troll friends as it was supposed to.
    The companions managed to shake it off so that they could first focus on the many Trolls.
    A dominated Guard, Glaicus, was brought back to his senses by Aerie as with the Ring of Human Influence's Charm ability. He thanked her with a Flail part that Bart would forge with other parts into the Flail of Ages, a nice weapon for the Gnome who had recently become proficient in the use of Flails.
    Bart destroyed Flesh, Stone and Clay Golems with sneak attacks, and Mazzy relied on Tansheron's Bow and boosted saves vs death (Cloak of Deflection, Ring of Protection) to finish off an Iron Golem.
    A second meeting with the Yuan-Ti Mage went more to the taste of the companions. Its spell protections had expired, except the inevitable Stoneskin. A salvo of spell-interrupting ice arrows from Mazzy did the snake in.
    In the courtyard Bart dispatched an Otyugh, and he reluctantly slew four dogs to make a dog stew for a number of Umber Hulks the trio had been warned of.

The Umber Hulks and other powerful creatures resided in the cellars (dungeon). Bart led the Umber Hulks to their feeding place, and Mazzy surprised them and killed them off.
    In a large room, the leader of the Trolls, TorGal and a number of minions (Yuan-Ti Mages, Elder Umber Hulk, Giant Trolls) were assembled. Bart placed a number of snares near the door, and Bart and Aerie summoned some help in the form of an Aerial Servant, Kitthix, and two Mountain Bears.
    Thus the enemy was easily bottlenecked in the doorway.
    Mazzy killed TorGal,
    imageimage
    But most of the summons got confused by the Elder Umber Hulk, and the party decided to retreat. Two Giant Trolls were brought down by Mazzy, but Aerie whom I had foolishly forgotten to protect with Chaotic Commands, got Confused, probably due to being within the AoE of a Yuan-Ti Mage's Chaos. She proceeded to attack the Elder Umber Hulk. (And she wasn't even Stoneskinned... see how much I suck at buffing? But that wasn't the real problem: even though she had been invisible, she should have been at a safe distance).
    Anyway, Mazzy saved the day. She finished one of two Yuan-Ti Mages with her ice arrows just when Aerie got confused, then brought down the Elder Umber Hulk who had been at near death status, and finally eliminated the second Yuan-Ti Mage without allowing it to cast another spell.
    imageimage

Back in Athkatla, the trio had a couple of run-ins with Vampires, as if to remind them that it might be a good idea to accept the help of Bart's Shadow Thief friends. They also tried to deceive a sculptor with a fake alloy of his favorite material, for the Temple of Helm, and for the Temple of Lathander they procured a ring that had been stolen by Talassans. Mazzy taught an oaf, Gorf the Squisher, not to mess with her. And Neb the child killer from Baldur's Gate finally paid for his evil deeds with his life. A Drow priestess was saved from the stake but her request to be accepted into the party was declined.

In the Sewers, on a mission for the Temple of Helm to investigate a Cult of the Unseeing Eye, Aerie and Bart buffed up Kitthix and witnessed the Spider web a Rakshasa and kill several Kobolds. The Rakshasa dropped a cloak that ended up covering Mazzy's back and shoulders. More fascinating was Kitty's duel with a Beholder. The Beholder banished the Spider from the prime material plane, but fell soon after to Kitty's poison. (Buffs used included: PfE, Death Ward, PfP, Chaotic Commands, Invisibility). An Aerial Servant finished two Gauths that had accompanied the Beholder.
    imageimage

Jan Jansen, Gnomish peddler cum inventor cum adventurer joined the party soon after. One invention may be of special interest to the reader:
    I believe this is a mod addition.

Back in the Sewers, more hostilities awaited the party.
    Bart retreated, quaffed an oil of speed, and fully exploited the corridors for a backstab fest.
    imageimageimageimageimage
    Only one foe proved to be dangerous: Gaius the wizard. First of all he cheatingly cast a Sphere of Chaos at Bart from without the Gnome's line of sight. The rogue narrowly escaped possible disaster.
    Equally annoying, three castings of ADHW couldn't be interrupted by Mazzy's ice arrows. The following screenshot for example shows five consecutive damage-dealing hits that failed to interrupt Gaius.
    (Not really cool imo: "let's tweak the most powerful class.") At any rate, the valiant Halfling received Bart's Belt of Inertial Barrier and with her sound shorty saves, shrugged off the damage as she continued pelting Gaius with ice arrows until he fell.
    The party left the sewers to rest in an inn, and had difficulty shaking off an Aerial Servant that had been summoned by a priest,
    before they managed to leave the area.
    edited August 2015
    Bartholomew, 6th BG2 update

Bart could still hardly believe it himself, but he still hadn't died. Maybe it was time that folks started calling him Lucky rather than Dandy.

Mazzy saw her sister survive her hardships in Trademeet while Jan, Aerie and Bart dispatched a band of Fallen Paladins in Athkatla,
    Mazzy later rejoined.
    Mook, a Shadow Thief the companions had been asked to protect, didn't survive a Vampire attack. Two Shadow Thieves that were about to sell out to the other guild were done in by Bart & Co, as was the rival guild contact.
    Arledrian, another 'Shadow Thief' (in reality an Elven spy, but Bart kept his secret) was aided against a number of Vampires near what turned out to be their lair.
    imageimageimage
    The Vampires were members of the rival guild, which pretty much consisted entirely of Vampires.

Aran Linvail asked the friends to deal with the bloodsuckers. This was no light task. Bart administered a number of nice backstabs, and an Aerial Servant dished out significant damage as well, but one of the Vampires (Gellal) wouldn't die.
    Three times it was brought down to near death, at which point it would hide en fully heal until at one point it simply disappeared. (This worried me because as far as I knew, Gellal had to be staked, along with Durst and Lassal in order for Bodhi to appear.)
    The companions picked up a Mace of Disruption, and saw it upgraded by Cromwell, so that Mazzy would be more of a threat to the Vamps. When they returned at the Vampire den, they ran into a spellcasting variant, Tanova she called herself. This Tanova had powerful magics at her disposal: she summoned a Mordenkainen's Sword and gated in a Glabrezu, prompting the companions to retreat. But then the Glabrezu PW:Stunned Aerie.
    (Not buffing was still RPing on my part. I knew Tanova was a spellcaster. Bart and companions didn't know spellcasting Vampires existed. However I must say I felt I had reached a point where I might have to compromise on the RPing so as to decrease the likelihood of a soon and sudden ending of the adventure.)

Thankfully, an emergency Otiluke's Resilient Sphere kept the Elf from harm.
    imageimage
    Mazzy, brave as always engaged the female, and Bart hung around detecting illusions. Both wore Helms of Charm Protection. Aerie or Jan then Breached Tanova from a safe distance, causing the Vampire to shapeshift into a wolf. Mazzy meleed it, and Bart slew it with backstabs.
    imageimage
    Other Vampires proved no threat to Mazzy with her upgraded MoD.
    Bart staked two vampires in their coffins (Lassal and Durst). Much to his surprise and mine, since Gellal hadn't been killed/staked yet, Bodhi appeared in front of him.
    Tired from battle and unprepared, he applied an oil of speed and retreated. Apparently Bodhi was in no mood to go look for him.

Bart & Co decided not to return to Aran Linvail yet, expecting that Bodhi might return at some point. They freed Haer'Dalis, an enslaved Tiefling Bard, from a wizard named Mekrath at Quayle and Aerie's behest.
    Not without difficulty btw. Three Yuan-Ti Mages was a lot to handle for the quartet. They managed to slay one with Aerie Breaching and Mazzy pelting acid arrows, but had to flee soon after. More Breaches and elemental missiles finished the remaining Yuan-Ti Mages; their warriors and a pack of Goblins were less of a threat.
    imageimage
    Kitthix webbed Mekrath, allowing for an easy kill of the evil wizard and ending the enslavement of Haer'Dalis. In his search for a gemstone the Tiefling had been after, Bart overlooked a trap and nearly died because of it (1HP).
    The companions helped Hare'Dalis and his troupe open an interplanar portal but stayed out of a fight the Bards got themselves in with a band of bounty hunters. They might have a look at the portal sometime later though.

They traveled to the Windspear Hills, initially to help one Lord Firkraag. But when it turned out that the latter had tricked them into killing innocent people, the companions worked against him. Bart delivered the acorns he had taken from Ilych in Irenicus' Dungeon to a Dryad.
    Aerie, Bart's sweetheart but otherwise a meek, reserved member of the party thus far, was gradually becoming a more confident, assertive woman, much to Bart's pleasure.
    It was in the Windspear Hills that Bart accomplished his first 100+ backstab btw (his backstabs had not been very impressive until then in spiteof priestly buffs).
    The companions' search for Firkraag led them to undead-infested ruins.

There the party overcame several dangerous foes including:
    - a Ruhk Transmuter (that injured Mazzy and killed an Aerial Servant with triggered Skull Traps, before he got webbed by Kitty),
    - Vampiric Mists (slain by Mazzy with the iMoD).
    - two lines of Orcs (soloed by Bart with the Reflection Shield and Holy Smites),
    - a Juggernaut and two Iron Golems (dispatched by an Aerial Servant),
    - a room full of Vampires, Mummies and Ghasts (taken care of by PfU Mazzy),
    - six guardian Genies (buffed with HP/DUHM/RM, Bart could insta-kill them with Staff of Striking backstabs)
    - a Director Beholder (Jan's and Bart's traps), and
    - a Guardian Fire Elemental (which injured itself by opening an acid blob trapped door before Mazzy and Bart dispatched it).

With all this hard work the companions had to rest a few times. One such time they decided to rest in a small room where they had found an enchanted blade and shield. However their rest was disturbed by Wraiths. They rested again, this time with Bart's and Jan's snares near them. When they got up they were accosted by an adventuring party that wanted to kill the friends for their possessions. The snares triggered and insta-killed a wizard. The other enemies fell to the snares' delayed poison damage.
    imageimageimage
    (I definitely didn't expect this. First of the range of the traps was larger than I expected, and secondly, the ambushers seemed to all have turned hostile at pretty much the same time.)

Additional rests were required to kill three Greater Werewolves (and later two more) with traps. The party had no other means of dealing with those monsters. Aerial Servants dispatched two more Iron Golems, and Mazzy finished a bottlenecked Adamantite Golem with Tansheron's Bow. The Aerial Servants were also very effective against resurrected Tazok and some Orogs.
    The companions encountered Firkraag in his true, Dragon form, and negotiated with him the release of a hostage. They were told to secure the key from his lackey Conster, a wizard. Conster was not willing to hand over the key, so battle ensued. His buffs were too many for the companions to prevent him from casting dangerous spells such as Sphere of Chaos and ADHW, but good movement allowed them to mitigate most damage. (Jan got Confused for a moment, and both the Gnome and Aerie suffered limited damage from the ADHW.) As soon as he was Breached, Conster had no answer to Mazzy's and one Aerial Servant's attacks.
    imageimageimage

When they left the ruins, one of Jan's many cousins accosted the trickster, telling him of his lost live Lissa, who was staying at the Jansen's home with her diseased child. Although there was no hard evidence, the culprit seemed to have been Lissa's husband Vaelag, a cruel and abusive Gnome.
    The companions needed the help of a Mind Flayer, the Hidden, to get the child healed, and - as part of Jan's Extended Quest - resorted to tarnishing Vaelag's reputation (replacing a valuable telescope that Vaelag had stolen and promised to a buyer, with a mundane one) and setting him up against the Shadow Thieves he had been associated with, before they killed him.
    Vaelag was a wizard and he had two Guards and not one but two Assassins aiding him, as Bart learned in a most painful way. He had been tanking the Guards, with difficulty, in order to allow Mazzy to pelt Vaelag. One of the Assassins was already down, when shluck the other Assassin thrusted his blade deep into Bart's innards.
    As with the trap in Mekrath's abode, Bart escaped with 1 HP. There was still one Guard though, and the Assassin. And Bart's aura was unclear from a Holy Smite. He was lucky neither of his attackers used ranged weapons. He limped away and managed to swig an invisibility potion, and witnessed how Aerie, Mazzy and Jan dealt with the remaining enemies.
    imageimage

A short time before Jan's affair Valygar Corthala, a mage hunter, had joined the party. He was to grant the companions access to the Planar Sphere in the Slums, to kill Valygar's evil forefather, Lavok.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
    You played with fire (or glue :smile: ) in Mekrath's house!
    Musigny said:

You played with fire (or glue :smile: ) in Mekrath's house!

Yep. It's been narrow this time... (I just updated my report, which I posted before I was done with it. In the new parts you'll come across another narrow escape.)
    All in all, this kind of warning probably helps the player. Good to focus on the game after such an event.
    Well, that's my feeling when I unexpectedly cheat death.
    As regards the second event, I think it was harder to forecast the enemy actions.

A few weeks ago, I started a new playthrough with a solo halfling fighter/thief and your posts are a great invitation to go back to this game.
    Unfortunately, all my free time this weekend was used to convert/fix The Ritual in the Tactics mod. However I had not enough time to test it!
    Perhaps tomorrow evening.
    @Blackraven, what mod lets you kill Vaelag? I understand that Jan's epilogue in ToB explains how he killed Vaelag. Does the mod change the epilogue?
    @semiticgod, the mod is this one: http://akadis.baldursgateworld.fr/Jan/JansQuestEn.html
    It's the first time I've explored it, so I don't know what happens in/after ToB. At the end of the adventure Jan said that he would accompany Bart in his quest and then get together with Lissa again.

Btw I've run into a problem. Bart has currently a bit more than 3 million XP. He already picked his first HLA (UAI). However when I loaded the game, his XP was set at the SoA level cap of 2.95 million XP and would not increase when new XP was earned. I never opted for this.
    It's basically the same problem as someone metioned here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27031.

Would you know a way to solve this? I've attached my Weidu-log.
    I choose a simple target for our next quest. The Druid Grove awaits. We get surprised by a pair of Spirit Trolls, but they don't last long.

I always hated you guys. Your invisibility won't help you anymore.

The scorcher loop is not without its risks, however. If Protection from Fire is dispelled or runs out, you're looking at some catastrophic damage from your own spells.

Poppy as a fighter with high CON has a solid HP pool, but all the same, I'll want to get the mage version of Protection from Fire, which lasts 1 turn per level instead of 3 rounds +1 round per level.

Inside the Troll Mound, Aerie gets in the way of a Poppy-Nalia scorcher loop, before she used Protection from Fire on herself.

She's doomed, but it doesn't matter. We don't need the extra power to bring down the Trolls. If it burns, we can kill it.

Kyland Lind poses a potential threat. I don't know if he's immune to fire. I open with some disablers to make sure we make some progress early on.

Those wiffle balls are SI: Conjuration, to block Insect Plague. Not that I've seen that spell in a while. We've also got Protection from Lightning on Aerie and Poppy (no spell slots for Nalia) to block Call Lightning.

Turns out druids are flammable.

I try the same trick on the Spore Colonies, but pay too little attention to burning the Myconids at the front. We kill half of the colonies with one loop, but some survive, and the resulting Myconids confuse both Aerie and Nalia. Chaotic Commands, thankfully, is already on Poppy, who casts Teleport Field and then drinks a Potion of Invisibility to ensure that she can run away if her friends should die.

Aerie and Nalia recover, however, and blast away the Myconids and the Trolls that joined the fight.

We roast Dalok, nab Belm, get Cernd to slay Faldorn, CTRL-Y Faldorn to speed up the process, and return to Trademeet. We cast Protection from Petrification on every party member before taking on the genies. Khan Zahraa escapes us at Near Death, which worries me.

I go outside to kill Faafirah, who left the area in confusion shortly before, and return in the hopes that Khan Zahraa will reveal himself. He does. It wasn't a good idea.

I'm not sure what comes next. We have plenty of easy side quests available, but we can also handle some tougher stuff, too. Even vampires won't be able to stand up to the scorcher loop.

I also have ambitious plans for burning dragons to death with the scorcher loop--I might not even have to lower their MR. I can do it by level 14, and only Firkraag and Saladrex would be able to survive.