Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Trials of the Luremaster is the pinnacle of dungeon crawling and tactical battles for a high level balanced party without any AI mods.
    JuliusBorisovMusigny
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Viconia has a as that won't quit.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Cauliflower is far superior to Broccoli.

Not sure if we are stating opinions here or facts...
    SmilingSwordlolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Gnomes are overpowered. But that's okay. I'm a powergamer.
    lolienPantalion
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited August 2015
    Anduin said:

a) More people have been embalmed than developed a craze for eating human brain burger.

Not sure. Usually only important persons get embalmed and mummified. This is a very select group, the 1% of the dead. In times of famine, eating human flesh is not an unpopular occupation and is certainly more accessible to the common folk compared to embalming.

Regardless of how many of each are in actual existence, ghouls have a craving for flesh, and this increases the odds of developing beautiful friendship with travelling adventurers, unlike mummies who can spend centuries at a time without opening their casket and would much rather be left alone. All these decorative tombs and sarcophagi that we can't open, they're probably filled to the brim with mummies who don't want to get involved.
    VallmyrFlashburn
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited August 2015

Too many Elves.

Can't get the lantern themselves (because it would be bad if elves went into human lands but there are hundreds wandering around the place anyway) and are so snotty about this huge battle against the Drow but I've just arrived after commiting genocide in Ust Nathor, why didn't they? it wasn't that hard.

If Ust Nathor is easy you're not doing it right. Install SCS with the improved drow and improved Ust Nathor and see how long you survive. The original devs did a crappy job of showing the power of a drow outpost the size of Ust Nathor the place is the size of a small city and you fight like 40-50 drow "mostly commoners" and then leave.
    Fighting your way through hordes of drow war parties to get to the front gate is one of the most fun things in the game.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
    JuliusBorisov
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    bengoshi said:

I like Glint Gardnersonson's portrait

Unlike every other EE NPC portrait, this one actually looks like it belongs with the original ones.
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Too many Elves.

Can't get the lantern themselves (because it would be bad if elves went into human lands but there are hundreds wandering around the place anyway) and are so snotty about this huge battle against the Drow but I've just arrived after commiting genocide in Ust Nathor, why didn't they? it wasn't that hard.

If Ust Nathor is easy you're not doing it right. Install SCS with the improved drow and improved Ust Nathor and see how long you survive. The original devs did a crappy job of showing the power of a drow outpost the size of Ust Nathor the place is the size of a small city and you fight like 40-50 drow "mostly commoners" and then leave.
    Fighting your way through hordes of drow war parties to get to the front gate is one of the most fun things in the game.
    They also make mention, quite often, about how the outpost has been emptied of warriors and wizards for the war with the elves. Just like how Suldanessar is defenseless against Irenicus because they emptied their defenders to fight the drow.

If Ust Natha was at full strength, then SCS would indeed be the correct way of approaching things.
    semiticgoddesslolienJarrakulMalicron
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Still, the elves of the outpost outside the Underdark instantly kill you if you attack them. That doesn't happen in Ust Natha, which ostensibly would be much more dangerous if you're detected. Ust Natha is also weakened, but they're present on their own turf--the elves are isolated from their city, while the drow are not.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Skatan

I like and/or agree with most of what you say. But paladins..........I'm quite the non arrogant fftard. Well, if you're a friend
    Skatanlolien
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    @Svar You sure have my vote for most unpopular opinions :)
    Everything you've mentioned minus Hexxat and Oghma I feel completely the opposite.
    And on the Hexxat Oghma thing I only feel indifferent about.
    Svar
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157

@Svar You sure have my vote for most unpopular opinions :)
    Everything you've mentioned minus Hexxat and Oghma I feel completely the opposite.
    And on the Hexxat Oghma thing I only feel indifferent about.

Ha! First time I ever won anything and it was for being disagreeable! *throws confetti in Corner of Shame*

And @BanArd : Yeah, I knew those weren't going to go down well at all. My apologies.
    FlashburnBanArdJuliusBorisovwoowoovoodoo