Skip to content

Forum Badges and Points

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
edited November 2012 in Site Resources
So, back when I started on the Forums, I had no idea what all those badges and points stood for, or how you got them. Now, after combing back through 1600+ forum posts, I have a list and how many points each badge gives you, at least for the badges I currently have. If you are looking forward to a certain badge, now you'll know how many points you get for it!

imageFirst Comment +2 Points (If your first comment starts a topic, you will not get this badge)
image10 Comments +5 Points
image100 Comments +10 Points
image500 Comments +15 Points
image1000 Comments +20 Points
image2500 comments +20 Points
image5000 comments +20 Points
image10,000 comments +50 Pointa
image25,000 comments +100 Points
image50,000 comments +200 Points

imagePhotogenic (Changed your icon) +10 Points
imageName Dropper (used an @USERNAME in a post) +5 Points
image Pre-ordered Baldur's Gate: EE +49 Points
imageBaldur's Gate Supporter (Preordered Baldur's Gate: EE before ship date was changed to November 30th) +50 Points
imageFriend of Baldur's Gate (was an original member of /r/FriendsOfBaldursGate) +150 points
imageBeta Tester +500 Points
image Baldur's Gate Moderator +500 Points
imageTeam Member +1000 Points
imageCombo Breaker (gained 5 badges on the same day- and this makes 6!) +5 Points
image1 Million Views (created a thread with 1 million views or more) +141 Points (?) (not sure of point total)
imageHyperchicken You do not talk about Hyperchicken... (seriously, from a bug report thread)

image5 Agrees +10 Points
image25 Agrees +10 Points
image100 Agrees +10 Points
image250 Agrees +25 Points
image500 Agrees +50 Points

image5 Insightfuls +10 Points
image25 Insightfuls +10 Points
image100 Insightfuls +10 Points
image250 Insightfuls +25 Points
image 500 Insightfuls +50 points

image5 Likes +10 Points
image25 Likes +10 Points
image100 Likes +10 Points
image250 Likes +25 Points
image500 Likes +50 Points

imageTomb of Horrors (took part in the Roleplaying Challenge: Tomb of Horrors) +5 Points

A thousand thanks to Cheesebelly for help with the html for the pictures!
Post edited by LadyRhian on
JalilyraywindSophiaCheesebellyMetaSiegPermidion_StarkFelixLockrodneyandsteptoeTanthalasazuritTr_ondBhryaenConphantusFake_SketchKlunkCameronToferDjimmyThief_Of_NavarreLolaDragonserpentlekikinou33AntonKharadormelftsCCarluNNAndreaColomboTheRazzBalquoDakhranKenjiego1stekcwiseArveragusMrKrisSatanNachtwacheBrudeAshendenginger_hammerMikeMastersMoomintrollTroodon80ARLENZefhyrARKdeEREHRavenXartificial_sunlightBiodiodeBelegurthGuarocuyaTeflonAnduinFredjoluskanSmokCrevsDaakButtercheesebooinyoureyesAstroBryGuylolienElrandirkaguanaAdsosazzieThacoBelltbone1Abby_ZeroProontAtrophiedericRAM021

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Jalily Thanks. it took a while, and I'll update as I get new badges, but it's going to be a while. The next two I know of are 100 Insightfuls (I am currently at 91) and 2500 Comments (I am at 1603). On the other hand, as long as I continue running AD&D games, I will probably get up there soon enough on the last one.
    melftsRhetoteles
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    I add the BGEE supporter badge (preorder BGEE) +50 points
    BlackLinxFelixmelfts
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    The BGEE team badge apparently gives 1000 points, no wonder the devs are up there on the top :P
    melftsCrevsDaak
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Thanks for the info. You get a +1 Insightful from me. :)
    Rhetoteles
    @Sophia @Cheesebelly I will add those now.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    And i think beta tester is worth 500, @Cheesebelly and @ajwz got those last week and both started with 500.
    Also 500 likes is worth 50 points
    Just got my 100 insightfuls badge +10 Points. and thanks, @Tr_ond. I added the 500 Likes badge.
    Sophiamelftsego1ste
    I am pretty sure the pattern now just follows - 250 = 25 points, 500 = 50 points, 1000 = 100 points? (the last one is a big question mark, I have yet to see someone have that many stuffs of one kind. I guess @Tr_ond is getting close to 1000 likes! ;) )
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I think it's just to encourage good posting.
    Fake_SketchCrevsDaak
    edited September 2012
    @Cheesebelly hehe, gotten about 60 a day recently so it can`t be that far off. Unless this productive but not very funny period stretches out :p Or we could ask @AndreaColombo , got 1k agrees.

@LadyRhian my pleasure ;)
    edited September 2012

Can somebody also explain to me what you use those points for? Is this just a new way to compare the length of your metaphorical reproductive organs?

There be girls here too though! :o

I guess it's a cool-o-meter for those that are interested in. I am just in for the helm of glory and BGEE supporter, the rest is naught for me! :D (the special ones look awesome, but I do like the vocalize icon too)
    CrevsDaak
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581

Can somebody also explain to me what you use those points for? Is this just a new way to compare the length of your metaphorical reproductive organs?

Ahahah, maybe, but they're also to encourage people to write comments with actual contents.
    Personally I like this method, it's cool that I can show my approval to comments that I like

Fake_Sketch
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    @Cheesebelly Yeah, why do you have the Helm of Glory and I don't? Somebody up there trying to tell us you need the charisma boost more than me?
    Cheesebelly
    @Humanoid_Taifun : I actually *am* uncharismatic, but that's up to my GF to say I guess XD
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    I still haven't got my "5 Insightful" badge although I do have 5.
    CheesebellyAnton
    @Fake_Sketch It sometimes takes a while. A few hours, rather than immediately. I know it was that way with my 250 likes badge.
    I think you need the quantity +1, at least that's what I noticed.
    Fake_SketchTr_ond
    @Tr_ond I didn't know that.
    Sophia
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited September 2012
    If you click insigtful, agree or like twice, the second time you do, it will remove the insigtful, agree or like that you gave respectively. Not nice. :/

Edit: @Rerel This is a feature of the vanilla forums http://vanillaforums.com/ I think it's not because they want us to pre-order. Good conspiracy theory though. :D
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

You can either like, agree or give an insightful to a post, you cannot combine two of them. Even though sometimes I wish I could agree and like a post, since it can be true in both cases.

I just wanted to agree and like this comment...

CrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @LadyRhian you may peek all this stuff at @AndreaColombo's profile ;)
    Points are same for equal numbers of Agrees\Insightfuls\Likes.

image250 Insightfuls
    You received 250 Insightfuls. Looks like you're popular around these parts. +25 points
    @Anton I don't any past 500, though. Hmmm... maybe likes, agrees and insightfuls stop there? @Andrea Columbo has 1.3K agrees, and I only see a badge for 500...
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    I want to be a Beta Tester and get +500 points!!
  • AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    By the way, great summary, @LadyRhian ...