Skip to content

Class/Kit Attempt: Warlock

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    jakub86 said:

Hey, just wana report success .
    - The key mistake on my part was, that i only edited the proficiencies solely on "CLERIC" and "WARLOCK" ( skipped the cleric kits)

- also i had to repatch mi game version beforehand (Warlock mod had obvious conflict with my older game version, so i bumped it to the 1.3)

P.S. - As you mentioned , you do not know how does the Warlock Mod fair in the Ascension (i know there is the feature at last bossfight in TOB to refresh/renew the spells and innate abilities) , so i will post any major issues in corelation with the Ascension content in the future, if you wish.

Glad you got it working.

It's not entirely clear in the first post that v1.3 is required for BG2EE, so I will fix that. Ironically though, I don't think there should have been any proficiency problems had you installed it on a v1.2 game, only just about everything else would have been causing problems(and is likely what caused any hard-crashes you may have had).

Just to be safe, you might also have to change the columns for all the Cleric Multi-classes as well. I'm not sure how they are handled, so I'm not sure if its necessary or not.
    Kai50 said:

Ok so one thing I have found is that the warlock's melee capabilities are far superior to his magic. I assume you know but the THACO bonuses of see the unseen and dark foresight stack..so that's -6 THACO use that with the claws and an essence and he absolutely wrecks havoc! its a bit broken you might want to consider not letting them stack so you have one at low level and than the other at high levels. it sort of makes the rest of his magic and abilities redundant cause they don't do nearly as much damage.

I have only not responded because I have not had a chance to experiment with possible options. I may be able to treat it similar to a Base-AC bonus, where only the highest one is used. They may still need their bonus toned down though, Foresight's -4 THAC0 is still straight from the source, so it hasn't had any 3e->2e adjustment yet.
    edited September 2015
    Update/Wall of text
    Changes:
    Eldritch Blast: Projectile now uses a more appropriate "ray" animation(similar to aganazzars scorcher), no change in functionality aside from now hitting instantly. Eldritch Chain continues to use old projectile since "rays" apparently cannot be used as secondary projectiles.
    Leaps and Bounds: Added code to update BG2EE spells/items to support Evasion. The string reference displayed is still hard-coded though, and points to a reference about drow mating rituals, so I guess you should try to avoid those.
    See the Unseen: Replaced Thac0 bonus with cure Blindness. Stills grant Infravision, Dispels Level 1-3 illusions(inlcuding invisiblility), and Grants Invisible detection by script for 1 turn(can target enemies using Mislead/Improved Invisibility, and hidden/invisible party members).
    Eldritch Ward can now be maintained while Shapeshifted.
    Various description fixes/improvements.
    Eldritch Essences now detail what type of creature Commander of all Essences creates in their description.
    Eldritch Blast, Blow, Claw, Glaive and Chain can no longer be put into contingencies/sequencers. There was no reason to prepare them in one anyway, and it only lead to problems if they were activated while shapeshifted or if you exchanged the invocation before it activated.

Invocation selection: Now done through an invisible creature dialogue. It IS compatible with prior version provided you have already chosen all your invocations(both new and replacements) for your current level before you update. Activating the Detect Magic ability will grant the necessary ability for old characters that don't have it.
    Dialogue can be access any time to browse through the invocations and read full descriptions.

New Invocations (as before, these are mostly designed for function, not balance, feedback is welcome):
    - Greater, Shape: Eldritch Line: Bolt that bounces off walls and harmfully passes through creatures. (As close to a BG1 Lightning bolt projectile as currently possible - it can only bounce once right now, can't figure out how to enable multiple bounces. Unreliable in IWDEE, as walls are not coded correctly for bouncing). Still a work in progress.
    - Dark, Shape: Eldritch Embrace: Every successful attack made by or against the warlock triggers a minor Eldritch Blast when striking/struck. Same damage as Claws. Can be maintained while shapeshifted.

- Least, Essence: Rupturing Blast: Save vs. Death or Helpless for 1 round. No damage. Ignores Magic Resistance. Repeated use has only 25% success.
    : Ward effect: Immunity to Normal Weapons
    : Commander Summon: Blade of Disruption(Flying Sword), removes one Combat Protection on hit.
    - Dark, Essence: Penetrating Blast: Normal damage. If resisted, targets Magic Resistance is lowered by 2% per Blast Die.
    : Ward effect: 5% Magic Resistance per Blast Die
    : Commander Summon: Wisp of Disruption, removes one Spell Protection on hit.

- Least, Spell-like: Darkness: Anyone in the area is functionally blind and invisible, 3 rounds.
    - Least, Toggle: Soulreaving Aura: Aura absorbs the energy of any creature slain by the Warlocks Invocations, granting caster 1 Temporary HP for 1 Turn. Does not include kills made by summons, Voracious Dispelling, or while shapeshifted.

- Lesser, Spell-like: Hungry Darkness: Anyone in the area is functionally blind and invisible. Swarm of Bats attacks a random creature in the darkness every round for 2d6 piercing damage, 3 rounds.
    - Lesser, Spell-like: Disembodied Hand: Detach your hand to act independently for 1 turn. Hand may attack using an Eldritch Blow and Hide in Shadow/Move Silently, but caster cannot attack and suffers casting speed penalty(-3). Can be upgraded to use Eldritch Claws. Hand otherwise retains the same stats and any permanent buffs as the caster when it was detatched(including Blast Essence).BG2EEv1.3: Currently suffers from this bug
    - Lesser, Spell-like: Weighty Utterance: Weighs target down, immobilizing and crushing it for 1d6 damage per 2 levels. Save vs. Death to negate, but Large creatures receive no save. Knocks winged-flyers unconscious(1 round).
    - Lesser, Toggle: Sudden Swarm: A small, poisonous spider bursts from the corpse of any creature slain by the Warlocks Invocations, spider is allied but not controllable(doesn't count towards summon limit). Does not include kills made by summons, Voracious Dispelling, or while shapeshifted.
    - Lesser, Toggle: Spidershape: Polymorph self into a small spider.
    Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 9

Base Armor Class: 3
    Number of Attacks: 3(base)(+.5APR at levels 7 and 13)
    Attack Damage: 2d6 (Piercing), strikes as Magical +1 Weapon

Special Abilities:
    - May create a Web around them at will for 1 turn, but can only have one at a time.
    - Immune to Webbing.
    - Kills invoke Sudden Swarm effect.
    - Greater, Spell-like: Enervating Shadow: Partial Invisibility for 5 rounds, shadows lash out at any striking you, draining living creatures all their Strength(Set:1) for 5 Rounds if they fail a save vs. death.
    - Greater, Spell-like: Empowered Hand: Detach your hand to act independently for 1 turn. Hand may attack using an Eldritch Blast and HiS/MS, but caster cannot attack and suffers casting speed penalty(-3). Can be upgraded to use Eldritch Chain, Flee the Scene, and Walk Unseen. Hand otherwise retains the same stats and any permanent buffs as the caster when it was detatched(including Blast Essence).BG2EEv1.3: Currently suffers from this bug
    - Greater, Spell-like: Devil's Whispers: Dire Charm non-hostile creatures if they fail a save vs. spell, creatures do not become hostile afterwards, but do become hostile if they succeed their save.
    - Greater, Toggle: Demonic Toughness: Gain temporary HP = Caster level, last 8 hours or until damage is taken. Cannot be used in combat, cannot be re-freshed while active.
    - Greater, Toggle: Hellspawned Grace: Polymorph self into a hellcat.
    Strength: 19
    Dexterity: 21

Base Armor Class: 3(+DEX)
    Number of Attacks: 2(base)(+.5APR at levels 7 and 13)
    Attack Damage: 1d8(+STR) (Slashing), strikes as Magical +3 Weapon

Special Abilities:
    - May spend 1 round to turn invisible at will while in daylight(outside, daytime).
    - Fire Resistance: +(20%)
    - Magic Resistance: 20%.
    - Dark, Spell-like: Caster's Lament: Break Enchantment, Transmutation, and Curse effects on targeted creature. Remove effects by spell school - one of each(Enchantment and Transmutaion), remove curse(as spell), and stone to flesh(as spell).
    - Dark, Spell-like: Perilous Veil: Energy forms around all creatures in range to conceal their identities from enemy creatures. Enemies failing a save vs. spell become confused for 1 turn, those that succeed the save are attacked by the energy concealing them for 5d6 damage. Enemies that fail their saving throw must save again every round or remain confused, until they succeed their saving throw(and it attacks them). Mindless creatures (Undead, Constructs, Plants, and the Unconscious), are automatically attacked by the energy. (This should be party and neutral friendly)
    (Dam'd if they save, confused if they don't, rechecking every round for 1 turn until they take the damage.)

New Install Options:
    - No attribute requierments(as normal)
    - Charisma and Intelligence requirements to learn invocations:
    - 10CHA: Least Invocations
    - 12CHA: Lesser Invocations
    - 14CHA: Greater Invocations
    - 16CHA: Dark Invocations
    - 10INT: 1 invocation per tier
    - 12INT: 2 invocations per tier
    - 14INT: 3 invocations per tier
    BG2EE only:
    - Warlock kit uses the Base cleric proficiency selection (recommend changing your proficiencies with EEkeeper as desired after leveling up).
    - Base Cleric and cleric kits have their proficiency selection expanded to include everything(also a quick work-around to the bug preventing Cleric->Mage duals from leveling up). Does not alter their usability, only proficiency selection.

You will need to manually uninstall the old version first, then install new version. A Re-install will not work(component numbers added).
  • UnknowLOLUnknowLOL Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2015
    Great job on the mod, looking forward to try it out. For now however I can't install it. Here is the debug file. I'm new to bg2 modding so there is probably some silly mistake on my side.

Edit: Cannot attach it for some reason. Here the part where I think something bad happened:

Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [./override/WRLK_BD8.SPL] loaded, 11986 bytes
    Copied [WRLK_BD8.SPL] to [override/WRLK_BD9.spl]
    Copied [WRLK_BD8.SPL] to [override/WRLK_BD8.SPL]
    [./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 3028 bytes
    Copying and patching 268 files ...
    ERROR: cannot convert repitions or %repitions% to an integer
    ERROR: [1PDEATHF.PRO] -> [override/1PDEATHF.PRO] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Warlock Kit / Cleric Class -> BG2EE: Proficiency(Warlock to match Cleric)
    Charisma/Intelligence requirements], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/OTHER.3]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "WARLOCK[CLERIC]\\backup/3/OTHER.3")
    [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/UNSETSTR.3] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 1087 files for [WARLOCK[CLERIC]/WARLOCK[CLERIC].TP2] component 3.
    Restoring backed-up [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/hpclass.2da]
    WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/hpclass.2da copied to override/hpclass.2da, 1919 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/backstab.2da]
    WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/backstab.2da copied to override/backstab.2da, 3509 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/PROJECTL.IDS]
    WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/PROJECTL.IDS copied to override/PROJECTL.IDS, 3864 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/MISSILE.IDS]
    WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/MISSILE.IDS copied to override/MISSILE.IDS, 7070 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/SIMULACR.SPL]
    WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/SIMULACR.SPL copied to override/SIMULACR.SPL, 874 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/clearair.2da]
    WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/clearair.2da copied to override/clearair.2da, 135 bytes
    Uninstalled 1087 files for [WARLOCK[CLERIC]/WARLOCK[CLERIC].TP2] component 3.
    Unable to Unlink [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/READLN.3]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "WARLOCK[CLERIC]\\backup/3/READLN.3")
    Unable to Unlink [WARLOCK[CLERIC]\backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "WARLOCK[CLERIC]\\backup/3/READLN.3.TEXT")
    Post edited by UnknowLOL on
    UnknowLOL said:

Great job on the mod, looking forward to try it out. For now however I can't install it. Here is the debug file. I'm new to bg2 modding so there is probably some silly mistake on my side.

Edit: Cannot attach it for some reason. Here the part where I think something bad happened:

Sorry about that, and the late reply, I have been on vacation the last week.
    I'm quite confused why it does not show up on my end, because it should.
    Anyway, posting a new build.
    The most recent build has installed alright, but crashes at launch for me. Tried all 4 versions - no luck =(

BG2EE 1.3
    edited October 2015
    @UnknowLOL
    The usual questions:
    Do you have any other mods installed?
    When exactly is it crashing?
    - Before the launcher even loads(as soon as you click the icon)?
    - At the launcher, before/after clicking "play"?
    - As soon as you start/load a game?
    - Character creation?
    Tested it without any other mods. It crashes immediately, doesn't even load the launcher.
    UnknowLOL said:

Tested it without any other mods. It crashes immediately, doesn't even load the launcher.

Mine started doing the same thing today, strangely, and only for BGIIEE. I could start the game just fine if I ran Baldur.exe from the game directory, but the shortcut created at installation is crashing before it does anything. Deleting and recreating that shortcut fixed the problem for me though.

I do not see how this could possibly be related to my Mod though, such a crash doesn't make sense.
    Running Baldur.exe doesn't solve it for me, it still crashes.

Am I right that the override folder and dialog.tlk are the only things needed after the mod is installed?
    UnknowLOL said:

Running Baldur.exe doesn't solve it for me, it still crashes.
    Am I right that the override folder and dialog.tlk are the only things needed after the mod is installed?

They contain everything the mod needs to work, yes.
    Everything else it does is needed by Weidu to properly uninstall it. (mod folder, mod\backup folder, setup.exe, weidu.log)
    I am quite sorry about the trouble, but I have no idea why or how this would even be possible.
    Ok, I'm not sure what was wrong and what I did to fix this, but now it works properly.

First of all - the kit is great, it feels very different from other classes and is quite balanced so far.

The only issue I have (apart from the known bg2 proficiency problems) is a minor conflict with Spell Revisions mod: new spells added to clerics by the mod are not deleted by warlock's scripts. So along with invocations I get several divine spells of various levels which always come back even if I delete them using EEkeeper.
    edited October 2015
    UnknowLOL said:

The only issue I have (apart from the known bg2 proficiency problems) is a minor conflict with Spell Revisions mod: new spells added to clerics by the mod are not deleted by warlock's scripts. So along with invocations I get several divine spells of various levels which always come back even if I delete them using EEkeeper.

There's nothing I can do within the mod if SR is installed after it, since the spells don't yet exist to detect.

However, I took a look at SR, and it doesn't add its new spells to SPELL.IDS, so they don't get noticed by mine, regardless of install order.
    Post edited by kjeron on
    edited October 2015
    Great! Thanks for the fix.

Eldrich blast seems to be affected by warlock's own magic resistance somehow - while attacking with glaive or chain I get the "Charname magic resistance" message. The target of such attack does not receive any damage though it shows pain animation. My warlock has 25% MR from various items.
    It was tested with Beshadowed essence.

And also some thoughts on Dead Walk:
    I may see how the first version of DW was overpowered, but it was nerfed too severely imho. The fact that we have a lot of really useful Lesser invocations and only 3 slots doesn't help it either.
    I suggest to remove / scale their summoning cap since they are already degrading with time, and it shouldn't be possible to amass them. Or maybe it could be made into a passive which summons a skelly every turn (or several turns) so that only 2 - 3 would be active before the first one crumbles due to degradation.
    edited October 2015
    UnknowLOL said:

Great! Thanks for the fix.

Eldrich blast seems to be affected by warlock's own magic resistance somehow - while attacking with glaive or chain I get the "Charname magic resistance" message. The target of such attack does not receive any damage though it shows pain animation. My warlock has 25% MR from various items.

Ah, I think this was caused by the new ray projectile, I'll have to fix that.
    EDIT: Updated the build.
    UnknowLOL said:

And also some thoughts on Dead Walk:
    I may see how the first version of DW was overpowered, but it was nerfed too severely imho. The fact that we have a lot of really useful Lesser invocations and only 3 slots doesn't help it either.
    I suggest to remove / scale their summoning cap since they are already degrading with time, and it shouldn't be possible to amass them. Or maybe it could be made into a passive which summons a skelly every turn (or several turns) so that only 2 - 3 would be active before the first one crumbles due to degradation.

Before I consider changes, what level are you currently? The undead summoned improve at level 7, 11, and 15, matching those summoned by the vanilla spell.
    I'm level 13 and I summon skeleton warriors (those weren't improved further in the original spell AFAIK).
    UnknowLOL said:

I'm level 13 and I summon skeleton warriors (those weren't improved further in the original spell AFAIK).

They do:
    L11: AC:3, HP:60, STR:18, Thac0:13, APR:1.5, Weapon: 2d4+1(Counts as +1)
    L15: AC:2, HP:80, STR:18/51, Thac0:10, APR:2, Immunity to Normal Weapons, Weapon: 1d10+1 (Counts as +3)

I just had an idea, and I think its do-able:
    Remove the limit, but have the degradation be based off how many are currently summoned.
    Current = -6 Max HP/Round, L1: 3.3 Rounds. L7: 6.7 Rounds. L11: 10 Rounds, L15: 13.3 Rounds

Proposed:
    One skeleton = -6 MHP/R, L1: 3.3 Rounds. L7: 6.7 Rounds. L11: 10 Rounds, L15: 13.3 Rounds
    Two skeletons = -9 MHP/R, L1: 2.2 Rounds. L7: 4.4 Rounds. L11: 6.7 Rounds, L15: 8.9 Rounds
    Three skeletons = -12 MHP/R, L1: 1.7 Rounds. L7: 3.3 Rounds. L11: 5 Rounds, L15: 6.7 Rounds
    Four skeletons = -15 MHP/R, L1: 1.3 Rounds. L7: 2.7 Rounds. L11: 4 Rounds, L15: 5.3 Rounds
    Five skeletons = -18 MHP/R, L1: 1.1 Round. L7: 2.2 Rounds. L11: 3.3 Rounds, L15: 4.4 Rounds

It would of course only count skeletons summoned by this ability, not the wizard/priest versions.
    edited October 2015
    Well that would be awesome if it is possible.

Edit:
    I get ctd when the game tries to run the new script which removes Cleric spells. It is last in my load order.
    edited October 2015
    UnknowLOL said:

Well that would be awesome if it is possible.

Edit:
    I get ctd when the game tries to run the new script which removes Cleric spells. It is last in my load order.

Just to make sure: it crashes one second after leveling up?

It will make the game freeze for a moment after leveling up, due to all the extra cleric spells it has to remove, but it should only be a couple of seconds at most before returning to normal.
    Okay, I put that together too quickly, lots of small errors, amazing none of them interfered with the installation, so here's a new one. It was also removing spells multiple times, which I fixed, hopefully the ctd was just because the removal-spell list was just getting too long.
    edited October 2015
    Yes, it happens on level up, character import, and start of a new game. It freezes for a second or two, then crashes.

I'm gonna try to run it without any other mods, then with just Spell Revisions, there may be a conflict with something not spell-related.

Edit:
    New script works perfectly. How about including it into main mod as an optional component?
    UnknowLOL said:

Edit:
    New script works perfectly. How about including it into main mod as an optional component?

The main mod will get updated with the new spell-selection parameters, it needs to be more selective anyway. However, because it needs to be installed last, it's a lot simpler to keep this thing available as a separate install as well. I've just had bad luck getting my own split component mods to work/reinstall/uninstall correctly, and I don't know why.

There is a lot more I should add to it to update items/spells that were added after the main mod:
    - Voracious Dispelling / Devour Magic effects
    - Armor Failure/Battlecaster features
    - Adding Spell Immunities
    - Magic Weapon Cleanup
    - Evasion
    These will take some time to go through though.

As for The Dead Walk, I've decided to make it a bit more linear, having them degrade in the same amount of time:
    New tiers:
    L6 - 25HP: -2MaxHP/Round, +1/Skeleton.
    L9 - 50HP: -4MaxHP/Round, +2/Skeleton.
    L12 - 75HP, -6MaxHP/Round, +3/Skeleton.
    L15 - 100HP, -8MaxHP/Round, +4/Skeleton.
    # Skeletons = Max idle life expectancy
    1 = 12.5 Rounds, 2 = 8.3 Rounds, 3 = 6.25 Rounds, 4 = 5 Rounds, 5 = 4.2 Rounds
    I still get this "Charname - magic resistance" message while attacking with Eldrich Glaive. Other shapes work properly (though I can test only Blast and Chain for now). The choice of essence doesn't seem to make a difference.
    UnknowLOL said:

I still get this "Charname - magic resistance" message while attacking with Eldrich Glaive. Other shapes work properly (though I can test only Blast and Chain for now). The choice of essence doesn't seem to make a difference.

Looks like Claws didn't get fixed either, sorry. I forgot those 2 used a few more files than the others.

I finally managed to get the changes to The Dead Walk working. It was a bit more complicated than I thought it would be, but its done.

I also added the post-installation updates for added spells/items to the main download. It is still a separate install though. It will now go through all the item/spell updates: evasion, battlecaster, Voracious/Devouring effects, Spell Immunities, Magic weapons cleanup, as well as priest spell removal. It takes a little longer to go through everything though, and doesn't provide much feedback(this would get very long, very fast), so it may look like its stalls out at first once it starts going through the spells.
    Great! I did only quick test for now, but everything seems to work properly.

I'm not that far in my warlock playthrough, but still I wanted to ask about Battlecaster. As I understand it is present both as an invocation and as a HLA? If I'm right why not leave only one of them since they do basically the same thing?
    UnknowLOL said:

I'm not that far in my warlock playthrough, but still I wanted to ask about Battlecaster. As I understand it is present both as an invocation and as a HLA? If I'm right why not leave only one of them since they do basically the same thing?

Partially for engine reasons, partially for more options.
    IWD doesn't have HLA's, so the Invocation is the only option, and permanent.
    In BG2, the invocation is just early access. You can wait to take it as an HLA, or take it early and replace it with the HLA later(choosing another Lesser invocation when you do). Each of these is actually a separate HLA, to prevent abuse.

I also could not allow the invocation to be replaced as other invocations can be without potential abuse, so the HLA was an opportunity to do so(albeit you still keep the Battlecaster effect as your HLA).
    I see. Well I just thought that 3 versions of the same ability in bg2 was excessive. And there is also Armored Caster (which looks a bit overpowered btw, because fullplated arcane-like at-will caster). Now I see the reasons for that.

As a side note - aren't all warlocks supposed to be able to cast in light armor without failure from level 1 in 3.5?

Also I think I should have 1 APR with all Eldrich shapes except melee (at least until certain hla)? I'm level 13 and I have 2 APR with all the ranged Eldrich stuff. I'm using version with Cleric weapon proficiencies and modified them on my warlock using Eekeeper, so there may be problem with that.
    edited October 2015
    UnknowLOL said:

As a side note - aren't all warlocks supposed to be able to cast in light armor without failure from level 1 in 3.5?

Yes, that is implemented. You should be able to cast in Leather, Studded Leather, and Elven Chain-mail that normally allows spellcasting from the start.
    UnknowLOL said:

Also I think I should have 1 APR with all Eldrich shapes except melee (at least until certain hla)? I'm level 13 and I have 2 APR with all the ranged Eldrich stuff. I'm using version with Cleric weapon proficiencies and modified them on my warlock using Eekeeper, so there may be problem with that.

Eldritch Blast uses the Blackjack proficiency (unused), and Eldritch Chain uses the Longbow proficiency, which the Warlock cannot normally take, so if you gave yourself proficiency with them you effectively have the HLA(that is all it does internally).
    Hmm I didn't bother with ranged weapon proficiencies at all. I suppose that APR number on character screen should change when I switch Eldrich shapes? Maybe it works as intended, just doesn't update the information to show the real state of things.
    I'll try to investigate this.
    UnknowLOL said:

Hmm I didn't bother with ranged weapon proficiencies at all. I suppose that APR number on character screen should change when I switch Eldrich shapes? Maybe it works as intended, just doesn't update the information to show the real state of things.
    I'll try to investigate this.

It could also be this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37859/11061-melfs-minute-meteors-and-energy-blades-apr
    It should not be caused by the Blast Shapes themselves though, I went to some length making sure they would not trigger this bug. But I cannot prevent them from being affected by it if something else triggers it.
    edited October 2015
    Yeah that may be it. The APR is not actually "stuck" as I thought it was. I get 2 APR with Glaive, Chain and Blast and Blow, and 3 with Claws and dual weapons.

I'm gonna create another warlock and give him the same powers and level my main one have to see what APR he's gonna have. Probably something have messed up when I exported and imported my main to test the script which removes divine spells (as some permanent buffs and Glaive were still active when I did the export).

Edit:
    Alright, my newly created warlock is level 7 and has 3/2 as his base APR with everything including Eldrich Blast. It is subject to bonuses (e.g. from offhand weapon), but is always set to this number after "equipping" Eldrich Blast.

Just tested Eldrich Sculptor, it doesn't do anything since from level 13 I already get those 2 APR for free.

P.S. With bows I get 3 APR for some reason. I have zero pips in either of the bow proficiencies