Skip to content

BG1 Unfinished Business v16.0

Comments

• DuchessOfKvetchDuchessOfKvetch Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2015
    Yea, I will assume that it is fixed now too, since I can't really go back and re-test the condition like Jace can - and I was one of those that had the bug with installing a newer version of QE (not RE) over on top of things (which I did not do cleanly - derp) and running into that wee little UB uninstall bug. My version of UB has been installed/re-installed a few times.

If Astro still wants to see my files I can certainly comply, but I may likely be suffering from self-inflicted patch corruption too.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Jace @DuchessOfKvetch - no problem. I'm happy to help out!

Thanks for the feedback! :smile:
  • Ignatius_J_ReillyIgnatius_J_Reilly Member Posts: 24
    Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but in the new dialogue options added by this mod, the button at the bottom of the dialogue screen that you press to advance to the next line of dialogue is often blank instead of reading "Continue" as it ought to.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but in the new dialogue options added by this mod, the button at the bottom of the dialogue screen that you press to advance to the next line of dialogue is often blank instead of reading "Continue" as it ought to.

It's a known bug in BGEE. It occurs even in the unmodded game.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34164/known-8044-blank-continue-button-for-some-dialogs-when-recruiting-dorn-il-khan
    elminster
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    I can't help but wonder how the mod is progressing. It's been eerily silent here the past few weeks. What evil has befallen our brilliant modder? Are scripts breaking one after another? Has he been possessed by the insidious spirits of summer vacation? Is Kate Bush distracting him rather than encouraging him to "not give up"?

Cast Conjure @AstroBryGuy
    Aedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

Mal-Kalen will be making an appearance in the next release.

Yay! A new component!
    Please, when you are done, send me via PM the text that needs to be translated. I will give you the Italian translation as soon as I can :smiley:
    Musigny
  • SelisSelis Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2015
    It (version 14 beta, downloaded as zip from github) won't install for me:

WeiDU v 23801 Log

Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-bg1ub.exe
    [.\chitin.key] loaded, 495088 bytes
    [.\chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources
    [.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] loaded, 5107626 bytes
    [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] 37223 string entries

[BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 5480 column 1-56
    Near Text: END
    GLR parse error

[BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2] ERROR at line 5480 column 1-56
    Near Text: END
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

WeiDU Timings
    load TLK 0.000
    parsing .log files 0.000
    loading files 0.000
    unmarshal KEY 0.016
    Parsing TP2 files 0.016
    stuff not covered elsewhere 0.016
    unmarshal TLK 0.016
    TOTAL 0.063

Line 5480 reads (until the reported END):
    I'm not noticing any obvious errors.

LOAD_TRA "bg1ub/tra/%LANGUAGE%/ubsvlast.tra"

COPY_EXISTING ~%FirewineBridge%.ARE~ ~override~
    LPF fj_are_structure
    INT_VAR
    fj_loc_x = 2350
    fj_loc_y = 2225
    fj_dest_x = 2350
    fj_dest_y = 2225
    fj_animation = 0x6100 // Fighter male human
    fj_orientation = 2 // SE
    fj_schedule = BIT23 | BIT22 | BIT21 | BIT5 | BIT4 | BIT3 | BIT2 | BIT1 | BIT0 // Appear only at night
    STR_VAR
    fj_structure_type = actor
    fj_name = "Svlast"
    fj_cre_resref = UBSVLAST
    END
    BUT_ONLY

It seems the following line further down is what's throwing the parse error (reported by someone else on Github already):

MAKE_BIFF UBTAVERN BEGIN ~bg1ub/tavern/ubtavern.mve~ END

Requires an additional parameter, replacing with follogin line should probably fix it:

MAKE_BIFF UBTAVERN BEGIN ~bg1ub/tavern~ ~ubtavern.mve~ END

Further down (Search for UBMAL), the TRA load sentence should be:

LOAD_TRA "bg1ub/tra/%LANGUAGE%/ubmalkal.tra"
    Post edited by Selis on
    Yep, I fixed those in the master branch this morning.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/commit/735d3505fa57580b57c4d79a8c4c515cbf617329

Sorry, I didn't realize BWS was pulling the master branch as opposed to the latest release.
    edited November 2015
    I fear I myself pulled the master branch. I'm doing some testing for K4thos.

I never quite expected the great AstroBryGuy to be quite so fallable ;) I really wanted those additions for playing and testing (as well as the bugfix).
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, sorry about that. I synced some half-baked edits, then got busy IRL and never fixed them.

Well, those are fixed now, and I wrapped up the latest additions into a new beta.

BG1UB v14.0 beta 2015-11-14

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases/tag/v14.0_beta_151114

New Component: Svlast the Fallen Paladin
    New Component: Mal-Kalen the Ulcaster Revenant
    Fixed MAKE_BIFF syntax for Tavern Movie Restoration
    Updates for Lahl's dialog (Thanks to @Salk!)
    Dialog restorations for Unshey (Thanks to @Salk!)

Bring a corpse to Ulcaster for an alternative resolution to the Mal-Kalen encounter...

Aedanhook71
    @AstroBryGuy
    Since you developed new content, do you need a translations update? You know that I am more than willing to provide the Italian one :)
    AstroBryGuy
    edited November 2015
    Sure! The release was a little rushed since BWS was using my (admittedly) broken master branch. So, I didn't have time to solicit translations.

New lines in bg1ub.tra:
    // Ice Island Level 2 Restoration
    @1001 = ~Snow Golem~
    @1002 = ~Snow Golem Breath~

New lines in setup.tra (DOS encoding):
    @4200 = ~Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter~
    @4300 = ~Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost~

New tra files:
    ubmalkal.tra
    ubsvlast.tra
    ubunshey.tra
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    elminster
    Great. I will translate this stuff in Italian and then post the translation.
    AstroBryGuy
    edited November 2015
    AstroBryGuy, not related to this mod, but to your BGEESpawn instead. I'm beta-testing with K4thos (still), and it turns out it doesn't work at all. K4thos found an error in bgeespawn.tp2 that prevents it from working entirely:

[quote] Open up "bgeespawn/setup-bgeespawn.tp2"

and replace last line in that file:

COMPILE ~bgeespawn/scripts~

with this:

COMPILE ~bgeespawn/scripts~ EVALUATE_BUFFER

Now re-install this mod (you don't have to uninstall anything before it - weidu will do the job automatically). Spawns will start working even in your ongoing saves.[/quote]
    edited November 2015
    Ah, that was introduced by a change for EET. I had originally hardcoded the area file references into the scripts. K4thos submitted a change to softcode them using cpmvars.

Ok - the change is synced to GitHub in the master branch. I don't have an EET install, so if you and K4thos find that it works ok, let me know and I'll push out the change to a release.

PS - There is a thread for the BGEE Spawns mod at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34840/bgee-leveled-spawns-mod-v0-3-updated-2014-12-27#latest
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    edited November 2015
    I am unable to locate the Ogre Magis for Shilo Shen's quest. I can provide you with a savegame if you'd like. And I've scoured the entire southwest corner of the wood of sharp teeth.

I manually spawned them with CreateCreature (UBOGMA01 and UBOGMA02)

Rest of the quest seemed to work properly, just the part where the Ogre Mages are actually put on the map isn't.

PS. The suggested alteration made BGEESpawn work for me.

Strangely I ran into your ogres inside one of the houses (the big one) near the Iron Throne. Weird. They whined about some bounty. At least they looked like your ogres.
    Post edited by Selis on
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited November 2015
    a little bug in Scar Missing people quest modified by BG1UB:
    In SCAR.DLG UB adds this response to state 32:
      IF ~  PartyHasItem("UBFEBODY")
    PartyHasItem("UBSCARIN")
    ~ THEN REPLY #62979 DO ~TakePartyItem("UBSCARIN")
    ~ GOTO 49
    And in 49:
    IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 49 // from: 53.0 52.0 48.0 32.4
    SAY #62992
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(27428)
    TakePartyItem("RING19MA")
    GiveGoldForce(4000)
    AddexperienceParty(3000)
    SetGlobal("ScarMission","GLOBAL",5)
    AddJournalEntry(27424,QUEST)
    EscapeArea()
    ~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #27429 EXIT
    END
    He should take the body from you. This part is missing:
    TakePartyItem("UBFEBODY")
    Post edited by swit on
    edited November 2015
    Selis said:

I am unable to locate the Ogre Magis for Shilo Shen's quest. I can provide you with a savegame if you'd like. And I've scoured the entire southwest corner of the wood of sharp teeth.

I manually spawned them with CreateCreature (UBOGMA01 and UBOGMA02)

Rest of the quest seemed to work properly, just the part where the Ogre Mages are actually put on the map isn't.

In which area were you looking? The Wood of Sharp Teeth includes the areas Bandit Camp, Peldvale, and Larswood.

The Ogre Magi used to appear in the Bandit Camp area, but that's not the southwest corner of the Wood of Sharp Teeth. Did you look in Larswood?
    edited November 2015
    The area literally called Wood of Sharp Teeth. I thought the guy giving the quest was very clear on this >.<
    edited November 2015
    There is no single area called "Wood of Sharp Teeth" in the game.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/megamap.htm

In FR lore, the Wood of Sharp Teeth extends from the River Chionthar south to Durlag's Tower (which is too far south in the game; it's actually about as far south a Beregost from Baldur's Gate and only a few miles from Gullykin).

• switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited November 2015
    yep, he looked for it in Spider Wood / The East Wood / Wood of Sharp Teeth / no name (depending on which platform is used). I've adopted the name from this mod in EET: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/46634-sword-coast-map-labels/
    But I will probably change it to Spider Wood to not confuse BG1UB players.
    AstroBryGuy
    edited November 2015
    Both Peldvale and Larswood contain markers that read "Wood of Sharp Teeth". Although I would agree that Spider Wood is part of the Wood of Sharp Teeth (WoST), it certainly isn't the only area of the WoST, and it would be the southeastern part.

@Miloch's naming of the Spider Wood/East Wood area "Wood of Sharp Teeth" is confusing. I'm assuming he didn't want to give spoilers on the monsters by calling it "Spider Wood". In that case, "East Wood" would be fine.
    edited November 2015
    swit said:

a little bug in Scar Missing people quest modified by BG1UB:
    In SCAR.DLG UB adds this response to state 32:

IF ~  PartyHasItem("UBFEBODY")
    PartyHasItem("UBSCARIN")
    ~ THEN REPLY #62979 DO ~TakePartyItem("UBSCARIN")
    ~ GOTO 49
    And in 49:
    IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 49 // from: 53.0 52.0 48.0 32.4
    SAY #62992
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~EraseJournalEntry(27428)
    TakePartyItem("RING19MA")
    GiveGoldForce(4000)
    AddexperienceParty(3000)
    SetGlobal("ScarMission","GLOBAL",5)
    AddJournalEntry(27424,QUEST)
    EscapeArea()
    ~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #27429 EXIT
    END
    He should take the body from you. This part is missing:
    TakePartyItem("UBFEBODY")
    Actually, it's that BGEE changed the signet ring from a generic RING19 to the unique RING19MA. BG1UB was looking for TakePartyItem("%tutu_var%RING19") to replace with an action to also take the body.

I've made some fixes to check for both ~%tutu_var%RING19~ and ~RING19MA~. They are available in the master branch for the BG1UB git repository.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/archive/master.zip
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Judging how much this mod has been worked on for a long long time. This mod almost have all the bugs squashed? Personally last I used this mod I didn't notice bugs. I guess I was lucky (Non-EE at the time).
    edited November 2015
    Almost all the bugs? Maybe, but I really don't know how many bugs there are that we don't know about yet. :smirk:

I would hope that the older components are almost as bug-free on BGEE as they are on Tutu. Of course I thought that before @swit pointed out the bug in Scar's Quest on BGEE. :disappointed:

The new components, well, I'm waiting for @Jace to break my scripts. :smile:

Since I've had this thing in "beta" for a year, maybe it is time to actually think about calling v14 done (and moving on to v15 beta - since I still have to finish the Waste Quest).
    JuliusBorisovHudzy
    Whoops, I've ignored these forums far too long it seems and missed the latest release by more than a week.

The new components, well, I'm waiting for @Jace to break my scripts. :smile:

I'll begin my script-breaking routine as soon as I can! :)
    AstroBryGuy
    @AstroBryGuy I'm trying to install the mod after reinstalling BG:EE (my old computer got fried...) and well, I can't. Help?

The setup window opens for a flash second and then closes, and a pop-up says about the program not installing correctly (wut?), plus the only thing on the debug file is this:

WeiDU v 23800 Log

C:\Program Files\BeamDog\Games\00766\setup-bg1ub.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 495088 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 73 BIFFs, 35212 resources
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Deutsch]
    2 [Espaρol]
    3 [Franηais]
    4 [Italiano]

There was no line 5 for selecting Russian? Hmmm. It might be the non-ASCII characters used to display the language name. I've taken out all those characters from the language selections (and replaced with ASCII).

Replace the .tp2 file in the bg1ub directory with the file attached to this message.
    @AstroBryGuy Thanks! That did the trick.

First, the installation process ended with this...

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS UNDEFINED STRING: @4300

...although the Mal-Kalen encounter works fine.

Second, the journal entry for relinquishing a body to Mal-Kalen has a small indentation on the first line (no big deal) and the last sentence says: "I gave the him what he wanted and escaped with my own body intact." "The" must be removed.

Thirdly, the Snow Golems are shown as INVALID: 63354

Lastly, I need a spoiler for Svlast's exact location, for the interior (and exterior) of Firewine Ruins was devoid of his presence.