Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2015

You planned for Imoen to get turned to stone?! You MONSTER!

If you are going to call me a monster I think the other meme in that post is really what establishes me as a monster :)
  • YelocessejYelocessej Member Posts: 182

Baldur's Gate as a tabletop...would probably end up like this:

Trying to keep the text manageable is always a challenge for this meme.

Grab the template image and use GIMP or Photoshop to do the text.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Let's not go there, it's the most loaded term in storytelling. He shouldn't be a blackguard while a half-orc, but I digress, it's not my assertion.
    edited December 2015
    "A Mary Sue or, in case of a male, Gary Stu or Marty Stu is an idealized fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through extraordinary abilities. Often but not necessarily this character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment."
    edited December 2015
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster Maybe it's because I have encountered so many "I wanna play a dark and brooding badass that can kick everyone's butt, but at the same time I'm gentle and sensitive and just misunderstood because I'm slightly autistic, blah blah blah" type players through my years of tabletop gaming, etc, that I can immediately call him out as a Mary Sue. I guess we are lucky they didn't manage to make him a "Dragonborn" or a "Tiefling"... but anyway, not wanting to incite an argument or step on anyone's toes. I don't agree with the new NPC choices and choose to ignore them when I play. /end
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    @Abi_Dalzim @Yelocessej Hey, don't worry; it's no skin off my nose. I just asked because I was curious what was meant by "Mary Sue" since he never struck me as one.

Though might I point out, without meaning to derail the thread, that for one thing, there were recruitable companions who broke the rules all the way back in the original first game (Kagain with his 20 Constitution, Coran with his 20 Dexterity and Mastery in Longbows) and others with illegal race-class combinations (Aerie is a cleric/mage, as is Sendai actually, and Mazzy is a Fighter with some Paladin abilities, giving her the best parts of paladinhood without the proficiency penalties) since the original second one. Dorn's not doing anything new in that regard.
    Sjerrie said:

What will my steak(s) look like this Christmas?

Awesomesause.