Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Luke93 said:

@Amber_Scott said:" We'll be back January 4".
    Any interesting news?

I haven't seen anything new on the Beamblog.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    YupImMadBrololien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterlolienJuliusBorisov
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    will you manage with this testing on 2016?
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24
    wojtek said:

will you manage with this testing on 2016?

Damn.. I know that feel bro. Keep strong ;-) hahaah
  • isgorath1isgorath1 Member Posts: 24

We're back in the office but nothing new to report yet. Just working through QA testing and trying to make the game perfect.

I feel that 'back in the office' means nothing (still nothing), so what makes sense to talk about it ?
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Is there any info on language support for BG:SOD?
    [Deleted User]DaevelonwojtekAedan
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Sikorsky said:

Is there any info on language support for BG:SOD?

I agree, i would like to know about it too... I'm able to play in english but still i would appreciate an Italian translation without waiting
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Of course it'd be nice for those awaiting a translation if it could come out simultaneously with the release, but it's not a realistic expectation.

Translations take quite a while to do, but it's not sensible to start translation work until after the game is fully finished in its original language, because otherwise they'd also have to change the translations every time anything in the original language changed. And of course, once it's fully finished in the original language, they'll want to go ahead and start selling it, rather than holding up the release of a finished game to wait for the translations. So it's almost inevitable that translated releases will lag behind the original language release.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited January 2016
    @Gallowglass
    Actually, lots of games are released at the same time in English and in other languages as well, so it definitely is a realistic expectation. And it is not so hard as you describe - usually the developer and the translators start working together as long as the game has at least an alpha/beta version and the text are almost ready.
    I am in the localization industry and I perfectly know these things work.
    The problem here is not the timing, but the fact that we still have no idea about Beamdog's localization strategy. Do they really want to lean on volunteers for every game they release?
    DaevelonGallowglass[Deleted User]rorikon
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Aedan said:

@Gallowglass
    Actually, lots of games are released at the same time in English and in other languages as well, so it definitely is a realistic expectation. And it is not so hard as you describe - usually the developer and the translators start working together as long as the game has at least an alpha/beta version and the text are almost ready.
    I am in the localization industry and I perfectly know these things work.
    The problem here is not the timing, but the fact that we still have no idea about Beamdog's localization strategy. Do they really want to lean on volunteers for every game they release?

Exactly the point.
    However thank you very much for the great translation of bg:ee!
    Aedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Daevelon My pleasure :smiley:
    [Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

It's hard to talk about Siege without being so vague as to say nothing or spilling some beans I am not supposed to spill.

I would post more leaked pictures, but Trent embedded his fists into my forehead and torso the last time I did it.

Just hack @TrentOster account here and post them through that, then feign ignorance.
    proccomlneveselolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I find the Andrew Foley's "agree" on that comment insightful.
    mlneveseproccoGallowglassAnduin
  • NhullNhull Member Posts: 37
    Well, I look forward to the coming year for any updates. :smile:
    JuliusBorisovRodrianlolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    When can we apply for BG Kart Racing betatesting? :)
    proccoYupImMadBrololienJuliusBorisov
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited January 2016
    Kart racing game with 5e rulset would be instant classic. :sunglasses:
    You just have to replace NPC's with NPW's (non-player vehicles).
    mlneveseJuliusBorisov