Skip to content

Special Class & Race specific banter/dialogue guide [CONTAINS SPOILERS].

Comments

• Nothing_to_see_hereNothing_to_see_here Member Posts: 31
    When talking to the Gloomfrost seer, there are several different dialogue options that can appear.
    The first one is the biggest, my 8 intelligence male paladin did not get the option to say "If your sight is true..." after she tells us how to use the mirror. That mean I missed +280,000xp for trying to reason with her.
    My 16 intelligence female bard was the next to try, she could get the xp but she also got a different response a bit later when the seer said "Child, you have been blessed with womanhood.." instead of "A woman knows a womans heart..."
    I also tried with my 18 intelligence mage to make sure he got the expected result, and he could also get the xp, so talk to the Gloomfrost seer with a high intelligence person for a hefty xp reward.
    GenryuJuliusBorisovHalfOrcBeastmasterKenji
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2015
    Nifft said:

Is there a single party which could get all these special dialog choices?

(That's right, I'm talking about roleplay optimization. Hardcore!)

Not unless you can get the "good" Paladin options with a Blackguard.
    GenryuJuliusBorisov
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    edited July 2015
    @Nifft Just keep in mind, that I have only scratched the tip of the ice berg interaction wise. There are lots of classes and races that I still need to run through the entire game with, and I am sure there are countless other interactions that I have missed (Though on Elminsters suggestion, I'll probably take the Near Infinity approach to search for those, once I've had a little free time to wrap my head around the program).

Though I'd definitely take a bard, paladin and a Dwarf, those guys seem to gain an awful lot more interactions than other classes/races, the bard especially so (A class I never really played until recently), was really fun, and their interactions seemed a lot more in depth and unique than other classes. Its really been interesting watching their huge lore knowledge come into play during a lot of conversations.

@Nothing_to_see_here Thanks a lot! Once I get a minute I'll try and test for the exact intelligence requirement, and then add it to the guide.
    NifftCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Wowo said:

Interesting question. Do you want the xp and item rewards only or all of the unique dialogue?

That's a nice looking party.

But you bring up a good point -- maybe it'd be best to not try to get all of the RP stuff at once, especially since it looks like I'd need to switch out party leaders in advance of all the interesting content -- which means I'd be pre-reading what happens, in order to make sure it happens.

That kinda spoils the fun.

Hmm.
    Genryu said:

@Nifft Just keep in mind, that I have only scratched the tip of the ice berg interaction wise. There are lots of classes and races that I still need to run through the entire game with, and I am sure there are countless other interactions that I have missed

Apparently I'm suffering the embarrassment of premature optimization.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovfireandsteel73
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    There's a point in Dorn's Deep (I think) where the fire giants challenge you and basically demand to know who you are (they're the ones at the top of the ramp before Ilmadia). I had a paladin as a leader and he said something to the effect of "I'm in my god's service" and forced them to back down. It's been a while, though, but you could look into that one.
    CrevsDaakGenryu
  • zunamizunami Member Posts: 42
    edited August 2015
    Can someone sticky this?

Edit:

By the way, I had some trouble finding this guide, even through google searches let alone forum searches.

I recommend maybe changing the title to something like "Unique dialogue Guide" as the word "banter" in regards to infinity engine games normally refers to the conversations that occur between party members in the background while travelling.
    Post edited by zunami on
    lolien
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Another i've noticed in my play through with a mage as the dialogue initiator:

When confronting Marketh in Chapter 6 you can inquire about how he became one of Poquelins lieutenants.
    He will reveal that he came with an adventuring party and stabbed the mage in his group in the back.

A mage can respond with an option like " So you like killing mages eh? Let's see how you fare against me."

Marketh responds with a line or two of specific dialogue ("Ah, i should have known you were also a practitioner of the Art" or some such.)

He will then continue the dialogue as if he was threatened and offer his badge in exchange for his life.
    Genryulolien
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2015
    Also, as an Elf talking to Yxunomei:

Yxunomei at some point boasts about how mortals cannot comprehend how old she is.
    An Elf can respond that she is wrong, and elvenkind can live for hundreds of years.
    Yxunomei acts unimpressed: "Hundreds of years? Oh my."
    Then, the dialogue proceeds normally again.
    KenjiJuliusBorisovGenryuHalfOrcBeastmaster
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    zunami said:

Can someone sticky this?

Edit:

By the way, I had some trouble finding this guide, even through google searches let alone forum searches.

I recommend maybe changing the title to something like "Unique dialogue Guide" as the word "banter" in regards to infinity engine games normally refers to the conversations that occur between party members in the background while travelling.

Stikied!
    zunamiGenryulolienEmpyrial
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    Hey guys sorry for my absence, I haven't forgotten about this little project ...promise!

I took a little hiatus and I'm now in the process of moving house, and getting ready to start University, so I'm busy, busy, busy at the moment.

I'll try and get all the new submission's added to the list sometime this week, after which I'll try and get back to regular updates once I've finished my move and gotten settled into my new place.

And thanks for all the submissions guys, things are coming along nicely now!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

I'm currently playing with a dwarven fighter/cleric as my party leader for the first time, and I've noticed a few additional dialogue options that I didn't see (IIRC) in my prior playthroughs.

For example:

-In Easthaven, you can discuss the teachings of Myrkul with Accalia:

-In Kuldahar Pass, you can choose an option when talking to the Goblin Marshall, saying "the gods have callings for us all" (I didn't choose that option, so I don't know where it leads).

-When talking to the boy hiding in the closet, there's an option for saying something about the gods working in mysterious ways (I didn't choose that one either).

JuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

-When talking to the boy hiding in the closet, there's an option for saying something about the gods working in mysterious ways (I didn't choose that one either).

Here's a screenshot of this dialogue too:

JuliusBorisovfireandsteel73Grum
  • fireandsteel73fireandsteel73 Member Posts: 31

With Jermsy I got something along the lines of ''well you'd better come with me'' or ''if your parents were of pure heart they are in a better place. Come with me and i'll take you to Kuldahar.''

Which Jermsy seems to want to go there on his own, but I get exp for it.
    rede9
  • hashimashadoohashimashadoo Member Posts: 1
    You can give the knucklehead you get as a halfling in Easthaven to Damien before he runs home, so he won't get in trouble with his father, but it doesn't increase your xp reward, you still only get 1200xp.
    VallmyrJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Rangers get an additional dialog option when talking to Ghereg, though there's no change in the reward.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AyeotieeAyeotiee Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2017
    In Kuldahar, if you ask a commoner about the local temples, a dialogue option will appear where you can attempt to convert them to the Illmater faith. This will reward you with +1,200xp.

Preposterous, my Paladin(Cavalier) is a follower of Tyr. :p
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellDJKajuru
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Genryu said:

2) In Kuldahar, if you ask a commoner about the local temples, a dialogue option will appear where you can attempt to convert them to the Illmater faith. This will reward you with +1,200xp.

Dialogue option doesn't appear with my half-orc cleric/thief.
    Maybe is charisma required?
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    rede9 said:

Genryu said:

2) In Kuldahar, if you ask a commoner about the local temples, a dialogue option will appear where you can attempt to convert them to the Illmater faith. This will reward you with +1,200xp.

Dialogue option doesn't appear with my half-orc cleric/thief.
    Maybe is charisma required?
    It' probably because it is multiclass. Or, I was able to convert them with my paladin
  • MeandreMeandre Member Posts: 38
    It works for druids, too, although the dialogue itself varies a bit (druids dont attempt to convert others to following Ilmater, apparently).
    However, I remember not receiving the dialogue options sometimes. I think it only comes up once your cleric/paladin/druid has reached a specific level or once you've reached a specific chapter in the game.
    Anyone can confirm?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Are there shaman special banters?
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    rede9 said:

Are there shaman special banters?

We need this, Beamdog.
    ProontThacoBell
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651

If your cleric is evil aligned that dialogue option changes to one where you traumatize the poor boy.
    ProontJuliusBorisov
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179

If your cleric is evil aligned that dialogue option changes to one where you traumatize the poor boy.

Its hilarious, I love the little details in this game and its sequel:
    RaduzielProontJuliusBorisov
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179

When talking to the Goblin Marshall outside the ruined mill in Kuldahar pass, he describes his current state of mental torment. If you speak to him using a MAGE, you will receive the additional dialog option:

"Buzzing? That sounds like mind-control magic..."

This also alters the journal entry you receive for him.

Doesnt work with a Wild Mage.
    ProontAedanRaduziel