Skip to content

Female-Female romance

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Drow RIGHTS! Equal pay for equal work, regardless of nefariousness of our structure. Just because we assassinate, torture and enslave doesn't mean we're evil. Who are you to call us evil! We are the 1%!

*I think Drow are 1% of Elves per Player's Handbook*
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    Stop diverting critical topics with thieves, sexy vampires and Drow. I can play Vic, I mean Baldur's Gate, later on today. Politics and go!
  • TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    Ugh... politics, almost as good a way to kill a conversation as "X sports team is worse than Y team!"

Who wants to have a Character Contest for possible additions to the BG:EE BG2:EE or possibly even BG3 Roster as possible romances?

Bonus Points for Accompanying 2e AD&D Character sheet?
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389

Bercon said:

Sounds like we'll be having some nice DLC NPC(s) to BG:EE instead of having to wait until BG2:EE.

I hope not. :/
    Late arrival DLC characters are such a bad idea.
    Why were Shayle the Golem (Dragon Age: Origins) and Javik the *SPOILER* (Mass Effect 3) the first DLC to be released in their respective game, soon after, almost immediately after, the game's release?
    Because character DLC is something that has to be there before you've finished the game, or you went through most of it, anyway. If you want to enjoy the game (and if you want to sell the DLC), the new character has to be available fairly early.
    By that logic, why the hell are we even getting Dorn, Rasaad and Neera? I don't need new NPCs in my 14 year old game remake! In my day, all the NPCs were terrible and we liked it!

*hikes up overalls and puts dentures back in*

Considering the type of game Baldur's Gate is, I'm totally cool if they add new DLC to it 5 years from now even.
    @sandmanCCL His logic is logical, captain. By the time we get DLC we'll already be half way through or finished BG:EE and not all of us play it over and over again.

The new three will already be there so it won't mean starting again.
    I get some people don't care for it because they don't like replaying their game for new content.

I am not one of those people. If anything, adding new characters post-launch is incentive to run through the game again and if it's something I'm already really fond of, I relish in the excuse to get something new out of a game I really enjoyed the first time around.
    This is also logical sir.
    A fantastic point. I mean most of us played again to play with mods, what's wrong with official DLC vs Modding?

Furthermore you can always not get the DLC if you don't want to deal with it :)

The more content the better, I would say.
    TenYaiba said:

Furthermore you can always not get the DLC if you don't want to deal with it :)

I don't think he's saying "I don't want to replay, so don't make any DLC regardless of the other people who want new stuff", he's just saying that for him personally, adding new characters later is annoying because it means playing the exact same thing again but with some new characters.

Well I plan to play it once on Sep 18th, butn I don't plan to play it again until it's finished modding, patching and BG2:EE is being made.
    I see your point but the Devs in this particular iinstance are under some rather stringent Chronological and contractual restraints aren't they? I think it's forgivable to have DLC releasing new characters, but then again I've had infinite replayability for these games so I don't mind personally. For BG 3 maybe if they can take their time and have all the necessary funds and such they can put all of what everyone wants in the game to start with and there won't be a need for DLC. or perhaps they release another expansion pack for BGEE with more characters additional story and more game time.

I think this is wonderful for happening at all.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    TenYaiba said:

Make Anomen Bi, He's desperate enough to try anything. It'll just give us another NPC to shut out of romance manually (jk)

He is a man-boy! hahah
    Isn't that his Dual-Class? Lv7Boy-Lv2Man by the end of his arc?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited September 2012
    If they want FR characters, I have my Selunan Cleric, Traith Selgard, whose name I found in the back of the original Forgotten Realms Boxed Set Cyclopedia of the Realms- she's the daughter of Bron Selgard, the blacksmith of Shadowdale (they had a census of Shadowdale to show a typical small village and inhabitants. Given what we know about Shadowdale now, maybe not so typical!).

She's human, and has a pet Tressym, so there's that. Yes, I still have most of my AD&D characters in a folder near my computer. And there is nothing wrong with that!
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited September 2012

Late arrival DLC characters are such a bad idea.
    Why were Shayle the Golem (Dragon Age: Origins) and Javik the *SPOILER* (Mass Effect 3) the first DLC to be released in their respective games, soon after, almost immediately after, the game's release?
    Because character DLC is something that has to be there before you've finished the game, or you went through most of it, anyway. If you want to enjoy the game (and if you want to sell the DLC), the new character has to be available fairly early.

By that logic, why the hell are we even getting Dorn, Rasaad and Neera? I don't need new NPCs in my 14 year old game remake!
    I hope that was a joke.

OBVIOUSLY because it's a gazillion times more likely that we replay the game with its new content 14 YEARS LATER, rather than IMMEDIATELY AFTER WE FINISHED IT.

Duh! =_='

• CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2012
    Ward said:

@reedmilfam People aren't asking for tolerance as far as I'm concerned. I don't believe this whole 'progressive equality' thing is about tolerance, it's about a group of people wanting to feel like they're being put upon when they actually aren't.

I see little intolerance anymore, there's just some people out there who want more.

You do realise people are still murdered for being gay right? If you think there's no intolerance any more then you're living in a fantasy world even further from reality than the Forgotten Realms.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @communard 1) people are murdered for all sorts of things 2) I don't worry about other countries at all - they're in the 'not my problem' category

In the US, we push the word tolerance as if it meant 'total acceptance and encouragment of' rather than its true meaning. That was my point. It's also the only thing I will say on the matter; this isn't a forum for gay rights, pro or con.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

@communard 1) people are murdered for all sorts of things 2) I don't worry about other countries at all - they're in the 'not my problem' category

In the US, we push the word tolerance as if it meant 'total acceptance and encouragment of' rather than its true meaning. That was my point. It's also the only thing I will say on the matter; this isn't a forum for gay rights, pro or con.

People are murdered in the US for it too, and there is widespread intolerance, employment discrimination and exclusion of gay people in American society. If you lived in the real world then you would know this. I wish people didn't keep whining on this forum about how much the gays are oppressing them by wanting to be treated equally, but if they do then I will reply.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I'm also inclined to agree with @AurenRavidel. Bisexual romance options aren't done well. I don't object to the permission of such characters, but they're always very generic with their dialogue and nothing they say targets a specific gender, in most instances. Adding one or two spare lines of dialogue depending on which gender your character is hardly suffices. Not that they should run around telling everybody what gender your character is, but there could be a /little/ more care taken here :P It would work better, given the current set up, just to use straight/gay/lesbian concepts.
  • ZwiebelchenZwiebelchen Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2012
    *troll* Isn't the Aerie-Hear'Dalis Romance kind of lesbian? ;D *troll*

No seriously, we almost got any kind of fetish in the game already (whores, s&m [Vic], lolita [Aerie], Betraying [Jaheira], ...) ... I don't see a reason why we shouldn't add homosexuality to the to-do list.
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    Bercon said:

I find it hilarious and sad at the same time, that having sex with the same gender is a problem in a game where you can slaughter cities full of innocent men, women and children and then end up as the most evil god in known history. Because a bloodbath a day is the way into healthy life.

No problem with this, donate gold to religion to make yourself worthy of forgiveness. ;)
    There's no reason to deny the option of a homosexual or bisexual romance in BG, since there's no explicit material (In regards to sexuality, not counting turning people people-like things and everything you meet into exploding meat chunks) in the game it's largely the BUILDING of a long term relationship. It's implicit that "stuff happens", but nothing is ever sen or heard about the act itself. It's not going to "scar children for life" If children nowadays can even get past the fact hat it doesn't have super-graphics and explosions around every corner.

Appealing to a wider audience is just good business. Furthermore it's acquiescing to the voice of a community, giving a group of people what they want. It would be nice if we could let people who don't have the same preferences have what they want in this amazing game.

I hope that was a joke.

OBVIOUSLY because it's a gazillion times more likely that we replay the game with its new content 14 YEARS LATER, rather than IMMEDIATELY AFTER WE FINISHED IT.

Duh! =_='

Of course it was a joke. But it still highlights my point.

I played through BGtutu this summer. Twice. I still enjoy the game however many years later. Just because you aren't going to replay it immediately after you finish it doesn't mean I won't!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    Here come the gutless trolls.
    Why do you mention them by name? Why even acknowledge that their comment exists? That's their opinion fine, It's offensive because it's designed to be offensive. They could just state I don't like this idea, but they chose to word it that way.

Don't look at them. It'll make them come back.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Hey, @Tanthalas, can we get a little mod assistance in here? :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    I don't see a report post button, or is it just invisible? Hmmm MOD!