Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yann1989 said:

I'd say all bug fixing and consistency and the finishing touch make it longer than expected, rather than new content.

Bug fixing ALWAYS takes longer than expected.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Hmm.. speaking only sw I have different experiences in my company. We can quite well determine how long imllementation and QA takes. All you need is a good setup of autotesters from sw side and a good functional team to qualify the specs. I'd rather state that proper review of the functional requirements and defining all user stories is the biggest time consuming portion.
    Yamcha
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I wonder how many times a day devs must resist the urge to slip away some tidbits about SoD. And how painful it must be for them to fight with this urge :wink:
    JuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I think there must have been a gazebo malfunction...
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited January 2016

Cahir said:

I wonder how many times a day devs must resist the urge to slip away some tidbits about SoD.

27, last time I counted.
    When it'll be 270, just PM me. I won't tell anyone. I promise.
    AdulAstroBryGuy
  • GloatingSwineGloatingSwine Member Posts: 18
    Anduin said:

The word is...

Spoon.

The Tick confirmed as NPC?
    [Deleted User]AnduinNimranThacoBell
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I guess this is the current QA and bug hunting athmosphere in the studio
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244

I never thought I would say this but I am starting to loose interest in this game ... The lack of information and the delay is really trying my patience.

I know exactly what you mean.

Half year has passed and we still know almost nothing.
    Official word on the release date. "Early 2016"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should mean that game will be released sometime in first quarter of the year. And given that there was no official announcement that game should be released next month, I'm starting to doubt about accuracy of the information.
    Daevelon
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Early 2016 can still be Q2. A blog update once per month would be nice at least.
    Like hey we started QA and found this weird bug to fix (insert undesired spell effect on using colour spray). Something that is in the base game already such that it is no spoiler for SoD content and adding some screenshots that hide the interface and npc names but give a lovely backdrop. At least something....
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Oh boy. I've had so many other things to do that I haven't really followed this for a long time now. But having come back just now to check progress, it does seem astonishing that nothing at all has happened for months.

Two possibilities immediately spring to mind:

1) Something is badly wrong with the project. Most likely, it has to do with finances.
    2) The finished product is going to be much more ambitious than they've let us on, so far.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    One thing's for sure: I'm giving SoD a wide berth at launch. If after all this time Beamdog still can't handle a basic pre-release information timeline, their patch cycle is going to be ridiculous.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @typo_tilly: Pillars of Eternity was very good until I hit the experience cap very early in Act III (or Chapter III, or whatever). I lost all interest instantly and haven't gone back to it since. What a shame. A third of the way (presumably) still to go, but nothing for the characters to do.
    [Deleted User]FaydarkDaevelonFlashburn
    QbertBelgarathMTHFlashburn
    JuliusBorisov
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    March 22nd, a dragon and a list of new achievements! Good find @bengoshi !
    JuliusBorisovAdullolienAnduin
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Poles.. they should not be trusted.
    Trust me.. I'm a stick Pole :expressionless:
    lolienJuliusBorisovMortiannaAbel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited January 2016
    Well, if the date was defined like "March, 31", I could thought that it was just a supposed end of the 1st quarter.

But this particular date, March, 22, on two different gaming sites, lets me think that there's no smoke without fire.

If we're indeed only 56 days from the release date, how many days are left till the preordering begins badges appear? ;)
    Gotural
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Rushed it...
    lolienprocco