Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I might have overlooked an earlier discussion about this, but I feel that the weapon styles aren't balanced. Finesse gets slightly better bonuses (+5% crit chance) at full proficiency compared to Shield-Fighting, while Shield-Fighting doesn't require an empty equipment slot. Shields are powerful items in the BG games and far outstrip that extra crit chance. Perhaps a major defensive buff, or an extra 1/2 APR might be more appropriate?
    Also, I feel that for Dual-Wielding, it makes less sense to penalize the main hand in stead of the off-hand.

Keep up the great work!

• KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    Is it intended that you can take a 3rd point in Sword & Shield style in IWD:EE? Doing that removes all the bonuses btw.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156

@Krotos no, the limit should be 2 pips. Sounds like a typo in weapprof.2da. What kit are you using that is allowed to do that?

Myrmidon and Mystic Fire Knights from TFJ are both able to do that. Other fighter and paladin kits within that kit pack can do it as well, I suspect.
    Alright, your rationale behind DW is sound. Good point.

I do think that SWS is too underpowered in comparion with S&S, though. Everything with a helmet and lots of creature types are immune to extra damage from crit, right? Not being able to use a shield is a major thing in the IE games, so SWS should provide meaningful benefits. It should not be an automatic choice, but it should force some thought, no?
    Especially in the case of Fighter/Mages, for example. Sure, it's the only one they can use, but a shield is a huge increase in AC, especially in higher levels, which compensates their lack of armour. (Granted, there's plenty of options to have them wear armour and not suffer ASF, but still...)
    Also, I still have SoB installed. If I want Might & Guile, should I just go for a fresh game-install? Would it mess with savegames?
  • kakistokratkakistokrat Member Posts: 4
    Hi! great mod! I started an elven fighter mage wanting to be a bladesinger in bg:ee. I saw your comment that pomab holds the kit token in iwd and thought i would find it on some early game trader in bg too, but now i checked winthrop, friendly arm, feldeposts and thunderhammer in beregost and high hedge and no luck yet.
    A little spoiler please? ^^

I think it was in the Temple of Oghma in Candlekeep. You can give it to yourself with the console - I think it's called d5_blads.itm

forgot that guy even existed. thanks!

GawainBS said:

Also, I still have SoB installed. If I want Might & Guile, should I just go for a fresh game-install? Would it mess with savegames?

Depends on what you're trying to do. Do you just want to uninstall the WPO? In that case: do you have SCS installed after it? If SCS is there, probably best to start from a fresh install (but NB that will mess up savegames.)

What do you have installed from SoB? If you're doing a fresh install you might as well use the newer versions in M&G. I fact right now you're better off not using SoB at all. Get out FnP beta for divine classes, use Tome & Blood for arcane casters, use M&G for tweaks/warriors/rogues, use NPC_EE for NPCs.

Or, keep playing for a bit, and in a few weeks there should be some good updates for all of the above...
    I'm using the WPO and the revised Blade. I never have installed SCS.

The problem is that SoB was installed before M&G existed.

Bottomline: If I uninstall SoB, M&G should install properly?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bladesinger proficiency progression seems not to be working as intended. extra pips at fighter(bladesinger) levels 3 and 6, not 2 and 4. I have no other kit mods installed.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

5) APR on Spec (prof-based APR bonuses for all classes)

Out of curiosity, was this supposed to be a feature in the current version? Because I seem to recall a capped M/T remaining at 1 APR with Mastery when I was testing the max proficiency for each, just as any non-warrior with 2 pips would.

@GawainBS I think in that case I would
    1) uninstall all M&G components
    2) uninstall any SoB components you don't want, or which have bee superseded by M&G
    3) install M&G components

I did it, and it seems to work perfectly. I'm very grateful for this update!

On a sidenote: do you know that Bladesingers can't use anything heavier than Studded Leather? I'm not saying they should, but the Readme does not mention it.
    They still can use Elven Chainmail and related items, right? Elven Chain is virtually developed for them.

With regards to the Finesse style: would it be viable to grant it something like reduced spellcasting time, as the free hand helps with the gestures? Just trying to help. :smile:

@kakistokrat, I'm pretty sure multiclass profs are hardcoded. If you're using the vanilla proficiency system, fighters get pips at levels 3 and 6, therefore fighter/mages get pips at levels 3 and 6, therefore Bladesingers get pips at levels 3 and 6.

If (and only if) you're using the WPO, then you would get pips at levels 2 and 4. But it's a class thing, not a kit thing, so it's unrelated to the Bladesinger.

I am using WPO! Regular fighters ie khalid, as well as jaheira and montaron, get their level 2 and 4 pips. Just tested a normal fighter mage, he too got his at 3 and 6, so I was obviously wrong in blaming the bladesinger kit and it seems to be a fighter mage problem (unless i have caused this myself in some mysterious way, but i have had no other class tweak mods installed so that seems unlikely).

It's no big deal since I just use eekeeper to correct it, but i thought you might want to know:))
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707

I will say, crit chance for Finesse is not that bad. Some bosses are immune to crits, but a lot of enemies are not. I'm playing with this plus my Stat Revisions which give increased crit chance for high INT, and I have a character who crits on rolls of 17 and higher.

Agreed. My Elven Bladesinger has 19 INT and proficiency points in Katana and Finesse, and wields "Darkened Glory +2" - which is a Katana that gives another +5% crit chance and has an AoE curse effect on crit.

It's very satisfying to watch her crit quite often and see that curse effect appear on all nearby enemies each time... :)
    @subtledoctor Thanks for the explanation. If the crit chance is exclusive to Finesse, it's something.
    Can Bladesingers use Elven Chainmails?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited January 2016
    In my (heavily modded) installation she can't.
    So I let her wear a robe instead. Stoneskin + Mirror image is all the protection she needs, anyway... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    I would consider a level-scaling damage bonus, if that's possible.

Also, vanilla BGII had weapon speed modifiers, but your earlier comments seem to infer that this is no longer possible?