Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GrammarsaladsemiticgoddessIchigoRXC
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Man, I wish Beamdog would fix opcode 233 so that it allowed pips to be incrementally increased by spell effect. Then we could have a much more flexible design and not be constrained by a couple .2da files...

I couldn't agree more with this!
    Grammarsalad
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Wow - I just looked at lunumab.2da for the first time ever. Mind-blowing! If all of those columns work I think I can use the HLA system to handle rogue feats. Then maybe, once I have psionics under control, add feats for warriors as well.

I'll talk to Gramnarsalad too, maybe we'll add a similar system for clerics and druids.

Very exciting!

Oh yeah, let's add something! Wait, add what exactly? Oh something like feats and psionicd? Oh, yeah!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsaladsemiticgoddess
    edited February 2016
    lunarGrammarsalad
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Cool news! Will the new version be compatible if I install it on top of it old? I can't really uninstall the old mod now, it is buried deep in my installation under a lot more mods, unfourtunately. And I have hand-editted most content of those mods too, so if weidu uninstalls and reinstalls all of them my hard work will be gone.
    GrammarsaladJuliusBorisovlunar
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    I'm going to finish BG:EE with my current setup and continue on in BGII/Dragonspear once you have more or less stabilised your editions. :)

Thanks for all the great work so far!
    semiticgoddessArdul
    EET, what does that stand for? Enhanced Edition: Torment? (How I wish. ;-))
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy

"Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy is a modification for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition that merges whole saga into one game and provides continuity between the events of Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal and upcoming Siege of Dragonspear expansion (also for both Black Pits adventures)."
    semiticgoddess
    Oh, alright, nice to know.
    Are Bladesingers "fixed" now? Not so long ago, the readme didn't mention they were limited to Studded Leather (very sensible) and I seem to recall that they weren't able to use Elven Chain, an item which more or less exists because of them. (Or at least is VERY closely related.)
    ineth
    Nice, thanks!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I have a question, and maybe this is a ridiculous idea, but some days ago I was pondering on the (IMHO) irregular implementation of shields in this game, and especially regarding bucklers/small shields. So my thought was, during army vs army, archers will rain down arrows on the enemies in volleys, so the arrows hit from above. Thus a helmet should indeed save you from a crit. But in smaller melees, the archer/arbalist/knifethrower etc will attack more directly from the front (or back), thus a shield (even a small one) should benefit your defence more than a helmet. And now on to the actual question, doesn't it make more sense that a shield should block ranged crits rather than a helmet, even if it's a small one? All helmets in BG has open face, thus any arrow aimed at the head won't really be blocked by it anyways. But even a buckler can be held in front of the face, heart or any other vulnerabe area.

I know, I always try to squeeze in to much realism into the ruleset interpretation, but to me it feels like it makes more sense that the shield slot should negate crits from a ranged attack rather than the helmet slot. And rogues can wear bucklers which would then still be beneficial to wear even though they give very low AC protection.

Just an idea, dunno if anyone agrees or if it's even doable in the game files to mod this.
    edited February 2016
    Skatan
    Not sure if it's intentional, but Cleric/Rangers can't go beyond three pips, while the latest readme that I found allows Rangers to go to four pips in certain weapons. I tried it with both Axes & Longswords.
    edited March 2016
    That actually sounds good, to limit them based on their spell selection. On a side note: my BG 1& 2 EE .ini files don't show the spell options, but Cleric/Rangers do get Druid spells up to lvl 7.
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Pantalion
    I would limit them to singleclass warriors as well.
    On a side note, my Bard never gets an extra 2nd lvl spells slots, but his other lvl slots keep increasing. I installed the revised spell slots component.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I love the feats/perks/whatever they end up being called. I would say limiting them to Single class warriors is a good idea, but perhaps you could just have limited access to them for dual/multi. Perhaps Multiclasses have a much steeper route for access, much like paladins or perhaps even more so (end up with only 2 feats). This is because they have to split their training time between their two disciplines, giving them the ability to still learn, but at a much much slower rate.
    Ahhh ok, well that makes perfect sense then. Forgive my ignorance, Multiclasses =/= perks. Haha. And yeah, Duals really don't need any more unbalancing. I love the dual concept but it really does make for the most broken combinations haha.
    IchigoRXC

I put in a feature request for the next patch that might let me make a mod to "fix" dual-classing... but I don't have a ton of confidence that Beamdog will do it.

Could you link me to the feature request, I am interested to know what you propose to do to fix it, so much you have done already has interested me greatly.

Well, I don't think Beamdog should mess too much with the rules, as the BG games are based on 2nd Edition rules. Not saying that those rules are the alpha & omega of gamedesign.
    I do applaud you taking a shot at making the rules more suitable for the videogamemedium, though.