Skip to content

Lich Hipster Clothing?

Can anyone with a bit more knowledge of D&D explain why the liches in this game are dressed like they are ready to smoke weed and drink herbal tea?

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    They are just that mellow?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Liches dress in style to compensate for their rotting faces. And other withered body parts.

Even undead gotta bone, people.
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @Calmar Rofl I saw that pic while taking a sip of water and nearly spat it on my screen :'D
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    @DreadKhan Ah, that does sound like a good explanation. It makes sense that liches were wealthy when they were alive, since they had access to all kinds of different potions and magical items.
    They have to be pretty powerful casters to even try to become a Lich, and high level casters tend to be wealthy
    Thats Demi-liches, liches are more 'up-and-comers', so they can't afford the Demi-Lich Grill.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Lol. This thread.
    Anduin said:

If I want to wear slippers in a red bathrobe while reading my favourite demonic lexicon... I ruddy well can!

@Anduin I still remember the red bathrobe of Bhaal essence containment! Haven't seen or heard from that thing in a long time!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    What... That post from 2013? I think I was a little crazed back then... Did I really write that about Tiax? How did I not get a warning?

But if you wish to refresh your memory banks @tresset t...

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/298188/#Comment_298188
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Looks like aztec clothing to me.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Anduin said:

What... That post from 2013? I think I was a little crazed back then... Did I really write that about Tiax? How did I not get a warning?

My favourite point in this post is the guy who marked it as "insightful". How can one find this insightful, just how?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Arunsun said:

Anduin said:

My favourite point in this post is the guy who marked it as "insightful". How can one find this insightful, just how?
    With magic!
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    The look seems to have been inspired by ancient Mesopotamian/Persian clothing styles. Try googling it.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    All they need is a boombox laying on the coffin playing 90s music, with a hacky sack bouncing off those grovin' limbs. Maybe a little Eminem.. A little spice girls... A little Bon Jovi... play that happenin' shiza and you'll never wonder why they wear stripes and bell-bottoms again.

Dem liches got style!
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    The correct term is "lichster" :)
  • rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    Never really thought about it much. Although I did always think liches were just cutting shapes to a phat beat rather than casting.

I bet that animation goes with so many songs.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    edited March 2016

Never really thought about it much. Although I did always think liches were just cutting shapes to a phat beat rather than casting.

I bet that animation goes with so many songs.

<_<

"You used to call me on my cellphone..."

>_>

**slips back into the shadows**