Skip to content

Release FAQ

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Autocrat said:

Does 2.0 include Steam achievements?

Yes. In fact, the beta 2.0 has unlocked the achievements.
    lolmer
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    What does the Legacy of Bhaal mode do exactly?

I believe this is a 'port-over' of the Heart of Fury mode from Icewind Dale, but differents sources are reporting differents behaviours when comparing the original Icewind Dale, the Enhanced Edition, and the modded HoF.

May I ask you for a precise answer?

-THAC0
    -HP
    -AC
    -Speed Factor
    -APR
    -Damage
    -IA
    -Experience
    -Levels
    -Saves
    -And so forth.

Thanks in advance, I think this question is interesting for a lot of players!
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovAbellolmer
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Will there be one of those lovely "patch manuals" this time around also?
    CrevsDaakBelegCuthalionlolmer
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    @Dee you're awesome, thanks for answering!
    Gotural
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Why are you guys all so awesome?
    GoturalAbelGozeta
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Dee I think I've asked this before, but I'm not sure anyone noticed, so I'll repeat my question. Do you guys plan to add achievements also to GoG Galaxy in the future?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Does activating/using the console commands disable steam achievements? I don't want to test it in case the answer is yes...
    lolmer
  • MythrinnMythrinn Member Posts: 42
    @Dee Thank you. I have been using this name for a while, not only in game, but here in the community. One other question in regards to the patch release. I know you said the focus was currently on the desktop platforms. Does that include Mac as well? As I mentioned, I plan on purchasing all three BG games direct from BeamDog, and would like to go ahead and purchase BG:EE and pre-purchase BG:SoD so that I can do another playthrough of the first. But, I am not gonna worry about either if the patch for Mac won't be ready at the same time the PC version is. Please advise.
    lolmer
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, it includes Mac as well. Mac, Windows, Linux. The Mac App Store may take a bit to get the patch due to Apple's approval process, but when we say desktop, we mean all desktop* platforms.

* except for ChromeOS, naturally.
    JuliusBorisovlolmer
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited March 2016
    Just a small question, I went through the change log and could not see the Slayer form-Mirror image interaction fix (it dates from before the 2.0 update), is this going to be fixed?

In a nutshell, the bug is:
    Step 1: Use Mirror Image (any source, scroll, items, spell, innate spell, works)
    Step 2: Transform into Slayer
    Step 3: Wait. Every damage tick you are supposed to take as the Slayer can be tanked by a mirror image, as per the normal behaviour with other types of damage, including the normally lethal tick (that deals 1200 damage)
    Step 4: after that you can stay in Slayer form forever, sleep, save as the Slayer. If you change area before sleeping you turn back to a human, but if you sleep then you can change area and remain the Slayer.
    lolmer
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited March 2016
    @Dee: I noticed in character creation that choosing the first level spell section differs quite substantial between Mage-based and Priest-based characters: With mages all the spells are grey and by clicking on them they get colour and a golden pip to the left of the icon (Shaman actually follows this method). With Priest-based spellbooks, all the spell icons are coloured and you get to choose with the + & - buttons we know from the abilities and proficiency section. Is this a deliberate difference between the classes or a (bunch of) bug(s)? In 1.3 this was the same regardless of class.
    The Priest spells selection you describe is allowing you to choose spells for memorization; the Mage spells are being selected to add them to your spellbook.

(You should notice that after choosing the spells to learn for your Mage, you get the same view as the Priest spells when determining what spells to prepare.)
    lolmerJairyanna
    You're completely right. My bad.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited March 2016
    I have a question. Are the bugs found in the beta of BGEE or BG2EE being checked in SoD as well? I.e. is there a cross-cheching of bugs between them? For example, I've reported the problem BG2EE beta doesn't run on Windows XP. If SoD didn't run on that platform, it would be a huge problem because it would contradict to the information about the SoD compability with Windows XP, wouldn't it?
    GoturalAbel
    SoD, BG:EE, and BGII:EE all run on the same code. So if there's a bug in one game's code, it's there in the others as well. That also means that fixing the bug in one will fix it in the rest of them too.
    JuliusBorisovAstroBryGuylolmer
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    If I wanna give my two cents on the new "feet circles", do I have to make a new thread for it? It's not really a bug or that big of an issue. Just an old-fart rant.

If I wanna give my two cents on the new "feet circles", do I have to make a new thread for it? It's not really a bug or that big of an issue. Just an old-fart rant.

Feel free to start a new thread. Rants are certainly welcome. :)
    lolmer
    edited March 2016
    Is there a deliberate choice for renaming the Racial Enemy section for rangers to Hated Race? And why not, for example, Hated Enemy? I'd say that 'enemy' would be a better description as it is a particular kind of enemy the ranger hates. For example, in v1.3 gibberlings, gnolls, hobgoblins, kobolds and ogres are all described as humanoid in nature. So hated race would be more logical if a ranger could pick (deformed) humanoids.

-edit- Just tagging you here @Dee for I haven't seen a response yet and I am hesitant to make this a ticket before knowing more about this.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    lolmer
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Haven't spotted the "irritated" selection sounds occasionally being played as command acceptance sounds anywhere in the patch notes for BGII:EE. Has this finally been fixed? Is the issue even known?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    One issue I was really hoping would be fixed with this patch was #12289 which I believe is the internal report for simulacrums disappearing when the caster takes damage. This bug still exists in the current build. Is there any particular reason it hasn't been fixed yet? Will it be fixed? It is ruining the awesomeness of my Berserker->Shadowdancer dual class run!
    Goturallolmer
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I see in the recent log that a "SKILLSHM.2DA" will be ported to bg2ee. What does that do?
    That...shouldn't be in the list.

Not that it doesn't affect BGII:EE, but it's just part of the Shaman class's implementation.
    Grammarsaladlolmer
    Oh... Should I edit the name out of my post?
    Nah, it's fine. That file is one of the files used for the Shaman abilities, and it's in the game. It just doesn't belong in the changelog. :)
    lolmer
    Cool. But I'm still curious: what does it do :)
    megamike15
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Grammarsalad It looks like it controlls the Shaman's detect illusions skill and how it progresses as the shaman levels up.
    GrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
    Just want to give thumbs up to @Dee (and the other staff as well) for keeping us informed on a daily basis during this 'road to'-exercise. Certainly better than the previous experiences. Keep up the good work!
    AdulFlashburnSilverstarAedan
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I understand the official way to report bugs is done through Redmine, however may I still post my list of bugs in a new thread on this forum? I have detailed screenshots and explanations. It's not very orderly but I can't be helped. Just wanna know if it's going to go ignored (and just so).
    You can certainly post whatever you like on this forum (within reason, of course; follow the site rules, and all that). If you're finding specific bugs that you want to see fixed, though, it will save our QA team a lot of energy (and Beamdog a lot of overtime pay) if you submit them as tickets in Redmine.

That being said, if folks want to tag-team some of the longer lists of issues you're seeing, you can work on a list of bugs and then work together to get them into Redmine. I certainly won't stop you from doing that.
    lolmerJuliusBorisov