• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2015
    Chris Avellone is writer for Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Swen proposed Chris :smiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7UYk-pHmww
    Post edited by brus on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited November 2015
    This post is basically for anyone who is dumb like me and didn't realize if you own the original game through Steam (prior to October 27th) it will appear as a separately listed game than the Enhanced Edition in your library. If you didn't already know now hopefully you do (saves you some downloading time). Most people probably have their library organized alphabetically (mine is organized by category) so it probably won't be an issue. Just make sure you are downloading the enhanced edition. :)
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    elminster said:

This post is basically for anyone who is dumb like me and didn't realize if you own the original game through Steam (prior to October 27th) it will appear as a separately listed game than the Enhanced Edition in your library. If you didn't already know now hopefully you do (saves you some downloading time). Most people probably have their library organized alphabetically (mine is organized by category) so it probably won't be an issue. Just make sure you are downloading the enhanced edition. :)

Yes! It's the same thing with Wasteland 2 Director's Cut. Kudos to both Larian and InXile for not charging owners of those games for the better versions!
    edited November 2015
    Turns out I can't even play the new version because it requires a directx 11 compatible video card (the original doesn't). Well, I guess its finally time to go buy a new computer. :)
    You can't just tap into the Beamdog mainframe and have unlimited computational power at your fingertips at all times???
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    He does not want to disturb the AI...
    procco said:

You can't just tap into the Beamdog mainframe and have unlimited computational power at your fingertips at all times???

Unfortunately not. The reality is I'm just cheap. I've largely been running the same desktop since 2008 (though I did upgrade the graphics card to an ATI 4670 1gb in 2009). :)
    Yeah, it might be time...of course, I spent a whopping $300 on a cheapo HP laptop to play games on...not optimal by any means, but it does the job, for the most part. One of these days I'll convince myself to upgrade.
    edited November 2015
    did you know you can fill a backpack with arrows or scrolls or whatever and assign the pack to your hotbar for quick access? Saves a ton of slots.
    I am still in Cyseal trying to finish the investigation and have already spent about 20 hours poking around talking to people, seeing what they have for sale, breaking into houses, and just generally goofing around. I tried the vanilla game and never really got into it, but this time around I am hooked.
    edited November 2015
    I spent my 2 hours of play time last night messing around in my characters' inventories...and loved every second of it. This game for me is about 25% following the story and solving quests, and 75% goofing off. At this moment I have 27 unfinished quests in my log...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Just out of curiosity, how do people here feel that this game compares to Pillars? I've tried playing Pillars, but I've had a lot of trouble getting or sustaining my interest in it. I was wondering if perhaps this game might "grab" me a bit more - it seems like it might be a bit more unique and offbeat, but that's just judging by what clips I've seen on YT.

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @SharGuidesMyHand What is your problem with Pillars? What are you looking for?
    I liked PoE quite a bit, but I'm finding D:OS a lot more fun to play. I'd say the story and lore in
    PoE is better and more fleshed out, but the actual gameplay of D:OS is a lot more enjoyable for me personally. Divinity is definitely goofier, but I feel like some of its systems (particularly the crafting system) are a lot deeper and more well thought out than PoE.
    edited December 2015
    I prefer PoE over D:OS personally, but I haven't yet played the EE of D:OS. The things in D:OS that stand out over PoE were reactive environments (so if you shoot fire on water the water will evaporate) and the music.
    elminster said:

I prefer PoE over D:OS personally, but I haven't yet played the EE of D:OS. The things in D:OS that stand out over PoE were reactive environments (so if you shoot fire on water the water will evaporate) and the music.

I felt the same playing the vanilla D:OS, but the EE is vastly improved. For one thing, it runs a LOT smoother now. Quests and dialogs have been fleshed out, and tons of stuff has been retooled. I can certainly see it not being everyone's cup of tea (it's pretty goofy and whimsical) but for me its a good fit.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Damn it. Why won't this game go on 50% off sale?
    gog.com has it on sale for about $25 right now. Not quite 50% off, but about $20 less than normal. It's worth the money!
    procco said:

gog.com has it on sale for about $25 right now. Not quite 50% off, but about $20 less than normal. It's worth the money!

Wow, thanks for bringing this to my/our attention! - I just bought it (too good an offer to turn down).
    procco said:

Thanks for the heads up, but it was on sale for the same amount on Steam a few weeks ago and I passed on it.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    I don't remember when I bought mine and without internet I can't tell :disappointed:
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    BARD
    YES
    ALL OF THE YES
    Divinity Original Sin is currently 50% off on Steam.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    The Kickstarter backers can now play Divinity: Original Sin 2 in Early Access.

Here's the first look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsJ31cccaG8
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    I played around with the alpha a bit and I can report that even in this very raw state it's about 1000 times better optimized than Sword Coast Legends has ever been.....

The Kickstarter backers can now play Divinity: Original Sin 2 in Early Access.

Here's the first look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsJ31cccaG8

You can play as a Lizard.

Nothing more needs to be said.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    pcgamer has reviewed the Early access.

I'm already salivating over this - character creation offers more RP freedom, and now the avatar portraits actually match your paperdoll (that was a pet peeve of mine in the original).
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850

I'm already salivating over this - character creation offers more RP freedom, and now the avatar portraits actually match your paperdoll (that was a pet peeve of mine in the original).
    The character creation is really, really good and involved, much like Pillars of Eternity's was, but possibly even a step up from that.