Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    It is probably related to the resolution you play in and the text size. I like to see the fidelity in the map art so I scale my game down to 1440 x 900 on my 1920x1200 24", and I find the width of the item description too large. If I were to play at 1920x1200 and increase the font size, I probably wouldn't feel this way since the item description window wouldn't be ~85% of my window width, but closer to 65%.

Less width, easier to read.
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    I'm in love with this ui... thanks a lot for your time and effort. Something is wrong with the screen for dead companions though... maybe it's the same with effects like fear, stun, etc... wasn't able to check right now...

Pecca
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited April 2016
    Pecca said:

I can think about if it can be done better, but I don't mind how it is done currently.

Well, I can understand that. It's your mod, after all. Though the difference in font size between charname for Priest and Wizard spells should probably be fixed regardless?
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    The Dead/Stunned companions screen is wrong. You need to press F11 and drag the box around the whole of the inventory screen (to prevent you accessing the character whilst they are incapacitated.

Also - @Pecca I fixed the colour issue. I had copied an old UI.menu inside an override folder into the same folder as my character saves. This was overriding the override folder in my main directory. (I hope that makes sense.... and it is VERY interesting).
    Pecca
  • TraycorTraycor Member Posts: 33
    I wonder what it would look like if all the buttons on the left were made semi-transparent. Like 50% opacity or even all the way down at 35%...
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Updated to v1.11. Fixed the greyed out screen and changed the color button to show major color.
    onelasttry84
    @Thels: I don't see it. Both name labels has height of 11p.

When using the same name, it becomes obvious, on my screen at least, that there's a difference in size in the names:

Also, it seems your UI removes 3 buttons from the interface:
    Okay, I identified the difference, I'll include the fix in the next update. I removed these buttons because I don't use them, they were just taking space. Obviously this mod would tremendously benefit from customization, but at this moment it is what it is.
    agris
    Understandable. I at least like the one on the right, though. What action would I have to take to get it back?
    Remove the "--" comments on the lines 5074 to 5087.
    cmk24
    Ah, thanks, that works fine for the buttons in the right menu, but for the left menu, you changed the position so that the other buttons now overlap it. After tweaking it a bit, I decided that since they're all sorta menu buttons, it's nicer to just group them up:
  • SamarSamar Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2016
    There is a bug in the inventory screen. The fourth weapon is in the wrong place.

ui.jpg 450.9K
    PeccaAedan
    @Pecca: Thanks for the update.

Would it be possible for you to format the buttons in the bottom left, so that those seeking to enable them only need to remove the comment indicators, rather than messing with the position. It's not very intuitive how to get them to appear properly without moving the other icons.
  • TraycorTraycor Member Posts: 33
    Really like this. My only complaint would be the screens that are pressed way up at the top of the monitor instead of centered, like shops & inns, etc... it looks like an error and isn't proper visual design.

Great work! Love this on an ultrawide screen.
    Traycor said:

Really like this. My only complaint would be the screens that are pressed way up at the top of the monitor instead of centered, like shops & inns, etc... it looks like an error and isn't proper visual design.

It is a reported bug. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon.
    cmk24
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    nice tweaks. Are you planning to change the worldmap screen too? Maybe it's just me but I vastly prefer the way it worked in patch 1.3 (no confirmation button and red shaded animation instead of useless "destination unreachable" text that bloats the look of the map).
    edited April 2016
    swit said:

nice tweaks. Are you planning to change the worldmap screen too? Maybe it's just me but I vastly prefer the way it worked in patch 1.3 (no confirmation button and red shaded animation instead of useless "destination unreachable" text that bloats the look of the map).

I was messing with it in the 2.0 beta and it didn't work well, but I can give it another try. It's really bad in its current state.

Edit: I don't think I can change anything within the map area, unfortunately.
    It would be strange to hardcode worldmap part if everything else GUI related is moddable. @Dee, is it true?

-------

Leaving a concept by 861129 from codex for inspiration :smile:
    http://oi39.tinypic.com/yfkuq.jpg
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I would assume the world map just as moddable as everything else, but I haven't looked into it too heavily. What is it you're trying to change?

The local area map's "zoom out" behavior may be hard-coded, although that doesn't necessarily mean it can't be changed.
    @Dee I would like to restore worldmap to its v1.3 state. But this is a bit of a code that defines world map:
    map { area 13 195 1000 564 worldmap action " worldMapScreen:OnMapMouseDown(eventXCoord,eventYCoord) " actionDbl " worldMapScreen:TravelToSelected() " actionDrag " worldMapScreen:OnMapMouseMove(eventXCoord,eventYCoord) " }

I don't see much I can do with that (though I'm new to this .menu and lua bussiness so it's very likely I'm missing something).
    edited April 2016
    @Dee, we are talking about worldmap, not local map (current zoom out feature seems nice to me, although "area map background" switch should be off by default, imo). In patch 1.3 the worldmap worked like in vanilla engine. In patch 2.0 there were several design changes and I think none of them improved the functionality:
    - you need to click on the icon and than click travel button to move into area which just wastes time,
    - the screen now uses white boarder icon which was previously unused (frame 4) for the above functionality, which look bad to me,
    - whole red shaded animation (frame 5 up to the end of bam cycle) is no longer used at all, instead we see "destination unreachable" text (this was a tooltip before), which is excessive when you have bam frames in gray and red shading for your disposal,
    - travel times which are not really important are now always visible on the map itself instead of via tooltips,
    - there is a black space below the map now (no matter what map size you set via wmp file) that don't have any purpose (?).

-----

btw. SoD worldmap icons have been saved into BAM v1 format (no support for alpha channel transparency and all icons in the file limited to 256 colors) instead of v2 (PVRZ based) which broke the look of them (empty pixels inside icons and quality hit due to color loss). Example: http://i.imgur.com/7AmFaKm.png
    Although this one is a bug, so I will make a ticket regarding it on Redmine.
    Post edited by swit on
    agrisALIENAdul
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited April 2016
    Pecca said:

Traycor said:

@Traycor
    That is quite easy to fix, assuming I understood the problem correctly.
    search for STORE_ and change the align center top to align center center
    for the follwing STORE_BUYSELL, STORE_IDENTIFY, STORE_DONATE, STORE_ROOMS, STORE_HEALING, STORE_DRINKS

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Freche said:

Pecca said:

Traycor said:

@Traycor
    That is quite easy to fix, assuming I understood the problem correctly.
    search for STORE_ and change the align center top to align center center
    for the follwing STORE_BUYSELL, STORE_IDENTIFY, STORE_DONATE, STORE_ROOMS, STORE_HEALING, STORE_DRINKS

The bug is the gap between the top bit and the bottom bit, in v1.3 it was one element centered on the screen, not two elements with a ton of space between them.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Aha, yea, now that you say it. Didn't even think about that one once I had the store window centered.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2016
    I think the STORE_CHOOSER has to be separate from the actual store else clicking it would force it to change itself. Also, with different resolutions defining the right place is tricky.

If you make the STORE_* change from 'top' to 'center'... You can then change the alignment of the STORE_CHOOSER bar up to the bottom of your main store window.

Not a nice way of doing it admittedly...

I'm not a graphics expert at all but that STORE_CHOOSER bar would then just need a little tinkering with...

PS - If you do it manually make sure to visit each kind of STORE to ensure all the CHOOSER buttons are moved (eg Donation, Identify, Rooms ... etc)
  • fearlessfearless Member Posts: 40
    Im enjoying using this UI, thanks for making this. Great work.
    The math to center the store screen properly is this (with both elements aligned center top, change the Y coordinate):
    Upper panel: ([Y coordinate] - 710) / 2
    Bottom panel: ( ([Y coordinate] - 710) / 2 ) + 598

You must adjust all buttons and labels with these values too.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Mr2150 said:

I think the STORE_CHOOSER has to be separate from the actual store else clicking it would force it to change itself. Also, with different resolutions defining the right place is tricky.

If you make the STORE_* change from 'top' to 'center'... You can then change the alignment of the STORE_CHOOSER bar up to the bottom of your main store window.

Not a nice way of doing it admittedly...

I'm not a graphics expert at all but that STORE_CHOOSER bar would then just need a little tinkering with...

PS - If you do it manually make sure to visit each kind of STORE to ensure all the CHOOSER buttons are moved (eg Donation, Identify, Rooms ... etc)

As this is currently a confirmed bug that Beamdog's tracker says is in the works, I will hold off on fixing it myself.
    Cahir