Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Save has it wrong, yeah, I can switch that. As for the abilities window, cancel just leaves the window, while done leaves the window with the ability selected.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I am guessing that with the ui.menu customizations that this is probably going to need to be redone for the patch v 2.1?
    I suppose. I'll try to release an update soon.
    mf2112
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    @Pecca another great update!

Thanks for adding the pause check. I like the new look Mage/Priest screens.

Did you revert the journal completed quests colour?
    @Mr2150: I left it out by accident. I just uploaded a new rar with a fix.
    JuliusBorisovMr2150mf2112
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    After my mistake last time I already corrected this time ;)
  • XKalXKal Member Posts: 58
    This looks great. Going to download it and give it a whirl. Thanks!
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Pecca My GOD you spell screen is so much better than BeamDog's one! Seriously, consider doing something similar professionally ;)
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Pecca said:

New version released with code from SoD v2.1.
    New tweaks:
    - Mage/Priest spell screens tweaks revised
    - Record screen tweaks revised
    - Item description screen revised
    - Level-up screen tweaks
    - Button graphics in Character Generation menu
    - Journal doesn't unpause the game if it's paused before opening
    - Save Game screen tweak - bottom buttons switched

Great, thanks. Can you post an image of the new item description and character record screens?
    edited April 2016
    @ALIEN: Hehe, I'd sure love to. :)

@agris: The record screen screenshot is updated in the OP. I didn't make the item description screen less wide like you wanted, I just slightly increased the height. I would reccomend you narrow it yourself either by using the F11 mode or editing the line 4538 in the UI.menu file (the width value is 756).
    JuliusBorisovagris
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited April 2016
    OK, thanks for the reply.

edit: have you integrated the fixed "back" button during level-up to your UI.menu?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    lefreut said:

There is a small oversight. Using the arrow in the priest spell screen, you can go to level 9.

You don't have your 9th level priest spells there? You are missing out....
    lansounet
    Thanks, will fix. The interesting thing is that it may actually be possible to have level 9 priest spells.
  • PhlogistolPhlogistol Member Posts: 1
    Hey there! I love this mod and use it on my Siege of Dragonspear playthrough, and it's oh so much better than the default UI. Congrats on a job well done :)

I have a bug report and a question. The bug report is: I've managed to click somewhere and open the past dialogues box (the text box with previously recorded text that appears above the dialogue box), and I can't manage to find the button and close it. The thing shrinks the current dialogue box so much it's a pain to read. Is there a button or a hotkey to close the thing or am I screwed hunting down pixels? I don't even know what I did to open it since I dislike the feature and didn't use it in base SoD.

Also, the question -- is it possible to assign hotkeys for the UI? I'd like to close dialog, container and store windows more quickly than reaching for the Done button with the mouse.

Thanks!
    @Phlogistol: The dialog box is expanded/collapsed by clicking on the area with the dialog text (this functionality replaced the button that was there previously. It's strange, that it shrinks the dialog box, it didn't happen to me. I'm not sure if it's possible to create new hotkeys but you can pass or close the dialog with spacebar (which is a little unintuitive since main function of the spacebar is pause/unpause).
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    Pecca
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    I like how you rearranged the spell book/scroll but I've really come to enjoy having the spell name visible at all times there. Would it be possible to add that back in while keeping everything else the same?
    mf2112
    @illathid: possible, sure. The list of spells is still there in the code on lines 7918 to 7973. Remove all the "--" comments and add them to (or delete) all lines from 7976 to 8198. Also change "rowwidth" line to "rowheight" and adjust the size.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    @Pecca
    Cool! Thanks a ton!
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    edited April 2016
    Do I have to change some settings to make the UI appear as small as seen on the screenshots? My monitor resolution is 1920x1080 but in game the UI covers the whole screen.
    Edit: Ah, nevermind. It doesn't support scale UI.

You might add button highlighting to the buttons on the record screen. It is already implemented on the race selection screen (elf button on the last screenshot).
    Post edited by Azzara on
    Well, I could but I'm not sure if such element is necessary.
  • AzzaraAzzara Member Posts: 184
    I see. I guess it wouldn't even fit the design since the last 3 buttons are modal dialogs.
  • onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    loving the new scrollbar for the spell books...

or were they included before? could you use them for the item description as well?
  • DemithorDemithor Member Posts: 1
    Is it just that I'm missing it, or is there now no information about the "Lore" skill in the record screen?
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Pecca
    Would You tell me how you did RGRECBT.BAM and RGAROW.BAM working in the game? What lines in UI.menu enable that bam files?
    @onelasttry84: it's a scrollbar from the journal screen, and I can add it to item description, good idea.

@Demithor: It's right under the experience information on the right.

@Parys: Just ctrl+f search for them in the code. I created new bams in Near Infinity and replaced the names in the code.
    onelasttry84
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Does this mod work on BG2EE?
    @bengoshi: I don't think so. The code is different and obviously the new images wouldn't fit with the old ones. I plan to do bg2ee tweaks eventually, when this mod is more than less finished (to avoid the double work).
    JuliusBorisov