Skip to content

[Testers Wanted] Tweaks is dead. Long live Tweaks!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjackmodestvolta
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Don't know where to begin - thank you does not sound enough! You are a savior for 2.0 patched BG. Installed without a single hiccup and so far works perfectly (GOG version, SoD installed, used modmearge). Great compilation!
    GenderNihilismGirdlelolien
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    Okay, I tried downloading this after asking around for a way to remove gender restrictions on romances, and I'm having a problem.
    I try to just go along with the setup process, but when I try to run the setup in the game directory I get a DOS message saying:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

Fatal error: Failure ("Not a game directory")

Can someone advise me? I'm terribly incompetent at this kind of thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjack
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited April 2016
    @CamDawg please update the initial post with the correct beta version

Also I got a question if I already install BG1NPC and change the npcs location should this component Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate appear to me when I install this tweak ??
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53

The game directory is where chitin.key is.

Ah. That did it. Thanks.
    jackjacklolien
  • Ysil69Ysil69 Member Posts: 9
    Having trouble with tweaks. Just installed it today, and my characters start off dead... shows the death screen and everything, but it's all just a black screen with creaking. Even after I skip the death movie it's a black screen with creaking... Only other mod I have is Eldritch Magic.
  • UnpersonUnperson Member Posts: 29
    Apparently "Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): Beta 3" isn't updating RACETHAC.2DA, which means elves and halflings are getting the wrong weapon racial bonuses (if at all).
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    Just making sure I read it right, but XP in SOD is still capped at 500000. Also, items still require identification.
  • modestvoltamodestvolta Member Posts: 107

Don't make non-human monks. Even if the game's .2da files are edited to make it appear in the menus (which I think this mod does), there are probably no animations for the different races' sprites. And a missing animation can cause a crash.

You can try the "Monastic Orders of Faerun" mod, which I recall adds a halfling monk kit.

That's a bummer, but now that I've thought about it, makes sense. Off the top of my head, the only other class that is human restricted is a paladin, but that class probably has the same animations as fighters, so allowing other races to use that class doesn't run into the animation issues. The more you know.

More out of curiosity than any need to actually do it, would changing the character sprite in EE Keeper from, say, elf or half-elf to human make a non-human monk feasible?
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    #130 Force all dialogue to pause
    Component uselless with the EE.

#1150 Shapeshifter "Rebalancing"
    The "balanced" Shapeshifter is over-powerful in BG2 and can't be defeated in BG1.

#4020 ToB-Style NPCs
    Component uselless since the v2.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Shouldn't there be monk animations for all races in IWD2? Dunno how hard it is to access those...
    smeagolheart
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Kerozevok 4020 Nope, it's stil needed for NPC from mods:
    As for ToB-style NPCs, it will remain enabled for EEs so it can catch mod NPCs--this is why it's available for IWDEE despite that game having no NPCs by default..
    jackjack
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited April 2016
    @ALIEN I agree, I'd forgotten the NPCs added by mods.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    v2 implementation of NPC levelling is currently suboptimal as it doesn't account for differences in items and known spells (example: if you get Edwin in BG:EE v2 at high level, he'll only know a couple of level 1 spells). Almost every mod out there, including Tweak Anthology, does it better.

Actually, the component ToB-style NPCs could be updated for the EEs to restore the old NPCLEVEL.2DA and keep patching the different CRE files corresponding to the different levels, instead of using just one CRE like in v2.

At least, until this is addressed by Beamdog in an official patch.
  • ZilchkZilchk Member Posts: 46
    What Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams (Karzak, Blucher, aVENGER, Weimer) does?
  • wsmithjrwsmithjr Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2016
    One suggestion:
    CamDawg said:

Added two new options to Higher HP on Level Up: Average and Low Variance Rolls. Also adjusted NWN-style to be a little more accurate.
    I've already posted this in another forum, so I apologize if it is annoying to also post it here. In regards to the NWN-style Higher HP, the tweak component isn't 100% accurate to the way that NWN assigns hp. I'm sure that's intentional, but in the spirit of making it more like the NWN system, I'm wondering about the possibility of tweaking the table so that the first 3 levels automatically gain max HP regardless of the difficulty setting like it does in NWN? I've edited the tables myself after installation and it works great, but just thought it might be a good suggestion for those people who like the NWN system such as myself which would also save me the extra step of copying the 2da files from a backup.

In addition, I noticed that some multi-class characters can assign too many HP under the NWN-style. For instance, thief-mages with no CON bonus have a max of 5 hp per level up. However, the thief-mage table assigns them a 3d2, so they could get from 3-6 hp. Changing it to a 2d2 with +1 mod would net the desired 3-5 hp for each level up.

Thanks for your consideration.
    edited April 2016
    Dee said:

As an optional alternative, could you set it so that Player1 gets knocked unconscious instead of dying if there's at least one other character alive? Then have them get back up with 1 hp after a round or two. (If all the other characters are dead, game-over as normal)

It wouldn't give the IWD behavior, but it might be enough to make Player1 not feel quite so essential during combat.

Is this the way it's implemented in CD Tweaks? I know I tried this mod from somewhere and it seemed way too cheap to me. I understand the issues with breaking the scripting, but getting a "free resurrection" was just too much and I uninstalled it. Is there another mod that allows charname to die but allows the game to continue so you can get resurrected? I understand the possible issues this would cause, but would rather have this and attempt to make sure that I don't trigger any cut-scenes than getting basically no penalty at all for dying. 'Course, there's also the lore issues about the body disintegrating, but I can overlook that. :smile:

Unfortunately there is a bug in the way this .2da file works, you can't do "XdY+Z." You can only do "XdY" or "Z." So in this case there's really no good way to achieve the result.

Hmm ... I guess I didn't fully test that, did I? (I did test the other changes but didn't get to the multi-classes.) Bummer. Maybe I'll just have to count on the odds of getting max hp to be less than with a 1dx to "balance" it out.

Thanks for the info.
    Some of the items in game have off names or descriptions now. Such as Leather armor +1 is called poison arrow, and some other generic magic items will have an erroneous name and no description at all. So far, none of the new SOD higher tier magic items have been affected. This is all SOD only. Haven't started a new BG1 game since the mod was installed.
    GOG, and yes, I used mod merge.
    BTW, tweaks and the XP hack (after tweaks was installed) are the only mods installed.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @CamDawg
    Does the "Romance Cheats" option include BG2EE NPCs (Neera, Rasaad and Hexxat)?
    If not, do you plan to add them?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Can I report a bug/unexpected behaviour with the Friendly Random Drops component in IWD:EE?

I'm using the choose-your-drop version of this, but the token genie that is summoned must be an undead creature of some kind because he is susceptible to my Cleric's Turn Undead. I'm about level 10/11 and if I don't remember to turn it off before picking up a token the genie gets chunked, also causing a rep loss (and a reload). Probably noticed it because my cleric has a script that has them turn undead while idle...

First, that's hilarious, and second, it's fixed.

I haven't seen this posted (in this thread at least), but for IWD:EE, creating a monk with a non-human character has a decent chance (4 out of 5 from my quick testing) of causing the game to crash. I was able to create a non-human monk character once with it so it wasn't a 100% crash rate.

@subtledoctor has already addressed this but yeah, I'm withdrawing non-human monks for the next release. I've tried a couple of ways to work around it but nothing works well.
    kaguana said:

Also I got a question if I already install BG1NPC and change the npcs location should this component Move NPCs from Baldur's Gate appear to me when I install this tweak ??

Starting with the next version, it won't move Quayle, Alora, or Tiax if you've already moved them with BG1 NPC. If you've moved all three with BG1 NPC or SCS, the component will skip.
    Unperson said:

Apparently "Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles (the bigg): Beta 3" isn't updating RACETHAC.2DA, which means elves and halflings are getting the wrong weapon racial bonuses (if at all).

This was surprisingly difficult, but done.
    fatnlazy said:

Just making sure I read it right, but XP in SOD is still capped at 500000. Also, items still require identification.

XP cap is fixed; I'm unable to replicate the ID issue.
    Zilchk said:

What Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams (Karzak, Blucher, aVENGER, Weimer) does?

All of these cutscenes are trimmed down considerably, e.g. when you start a new game Irenicus will only have three or four lines instead of the full length cutscene. This is a little obsolete now that you ca skip most (all?) of these with the new patch, but they're still there.
    wsmithjr said:

One suggestion:

CamDawg said:

I've already posted this in another forum, so I apologize if it is annoying to also post it here. In regards to the NWN-style Higher HP, the tweak component isn't 100% accurate to the way that NWN assigns hp. I'm sure that's intentional, but in the spirit of making it more like the NWN system, I'm wondering about the possibility of tweaking the table so that the first 3 levels automatically gain max HP regardless of the difficulty setting like it does in NWN? I've edited the tables myself after installation and it works great, but just thought it might be a good suggestion for those people who like the NWN system such as myself which would also save me the extra step of copying the 2da files from a backup.

I wrote a little more on this on G3, but for those curious--'NWN-style' is my less-wordy way of saying 'upper half of the HP range' and not meant to be an exact NWN implementation. A completely accurate NWN style isn't possible and I don't want to support yet another HP variant.
    fatnlazy said:

Some of the items in game have off names or descriptions now. Such as Leather armor +1 is called poison arrow, and some other generic magic items will have an erroneous name and no description at all. So far, none of the new SOD higher tier magic items have been affected. This is all SOD only. Haven't started a new BG1 game since the mod was installed.

Typically when you see widespread broken stuff like this it's a bad key/tlk, installing mods midgame, something like that.
    Aedan said:

@CamDawg
    Does the "Romance Cheats" option include BG2EE NPCs (Neera, Rasaad and Hexxat)?
    If not, do you plan to add them?

I added support for the EE romances a few years back in BG2T v15; Anthology continues this support.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

CamDawg said:

The library for fixing kit.ids as part of should now be up to date for Expanded Dual-Class Options

I think I asked over on SHS but never saw answer from anyone: is this kit.ids fix necessary on the EEs? Or only TOB/BGT?
    It really should only be needed for vanilla, non-Fixpacked games. But it's written such that applying it to an already-fixed kit.ids won't hurt anything.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    Thels said:

Shouldn't there be monk animations for all races in IWD2? Dunno how hard it is to access those...

seems like a good question.. I'd suggest naming this infinity tweaks due to the scope, tweaks anthology is fine though...
This discussion has been closed.