Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Unfortunately BG2 wouldn't start up when I tried, just crashed right away, so I guess I have to wait on my next playthrough until Pecca finishes SOD and can repeat this wonderful mod on BG2. ;)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I finally got back to re-enabling the Quick save button. I know you don't like it Pecca :) but I do use it since it is more useful now with multiple quick save slots. If anyone else likes it, here is how to re-enable it.

Just search the ui.menu file for "quicksave" and you should get to this section, about line 4804 with the latest 1.2 file.

-- button -- { -- area 3 0 73 55 -- enabled "worldScreen == e:GetActiveEngine()" -- bam GUILS10 -- sequence 15 -- tooltip lua "getTooltipWithHotkey(15,31813)" -- tooltip force lua "sidebarForceTooltips == 1" -- tooltip force top -- clickable lua "sidebarsGreyed ~= 1" -- action -- " -- worldScreen:OnQuickSaveButtonClick() -- " -- }

Just uncomment out all the lines above, and change the Y offset of the button by changing "area 3 0 73 55" to "area 3 -32 73 55" so it should end up with this.

button { area 3 -32 73 55 enabled "worldScreen == e:GetActiveEngine()" bam GUILS10 sequence 15 tooltip lua "getTooltipWithHotkey(15,31813)" tooltip force lua "sidebarForceTooltips == 1" tooltip force top clickable lua "sidebarsGreyed ~= 1" action " worldScreen:OnQuickSaveButtonClick() " }
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    Beware of a possible bug. In a level-up screen tweak I enabled the "back" button, but according to Dee, it was temporarily disabled because it caused character proficiencies being removed. I couldn't replicate the issue, but you should still be cautious about it.
    mf2112jackjack
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Could stealing of multiple items at once be implemented ?
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2016
    The code for the steal button in stores is here:

button { area 332 676 201 43 enabled "(not storeScreen:IsContainer()) and storeScreen:IsStealEnabled()" bam GUIBUTNT text "STEAL_BUTTON" text style "button" clickable lua "storeScreen:IsStealItemButtonClickable()" action " storeScreen:OnStealItemButtonClick() " }

The steal button is only enabled when the store screen is not a container and steal is enabled for that store. It is only clickable when the "storeScreen:IsStealButtonClickable()" conditions are met - meaning you are using a thief and only one item is selected (I'm guessing).

I have no idea how you'd go about changing those clickable conditions as they are set outside the UI.menu code.

Edit: And I just checked - removing the 'clickable lua "storeScreen:IsStealItemButtonClickable()" ' line to get rid of those conditions crashes the game.
    Pecca
  • ricbus70ricbus70 Member Posts: 2
    @Pecca congrats for the excellent job! Any plan to make it work with BGEE without SoD as well?
    @ricbus70: No plans for the blue, I'm glad it was replaced.
    jackjack
    I was thinking more of using the button as either what it is now if one item is selected or if multiple items are selected, apply the "one item select" version sequentially to the selected items.

The button only appear if you can steal, but it is greyed out if there's multiple objects selected iirc.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    Mr2150
    Unless we can keep track of selected items? I'm not sure how the shop selection works. We could otherwise, keep in memory the selected items, deselect everything then reselect them 1 by 1 and applying the OnStealItemButtonClick but i'm not sure if we can keep in memory the selected items.

Do we know if the devs plan on expanding the possibilities of the UI modding/scripting ?
    I don't know what the Devs plans are...

But what you are suggesting is to take the selected items, repurpose the 'steal' button to have a function pull the items into an array, deselect all items in the store, and then run the items, one by one, through a process of highlighting individually in the store, so you can then run OnStealItemButtonClick(), and then move onto the next item in the array.

Haven't got a clue where to even start with that and even if it is possible...
    Yes that's what i'm suggesting, arrays exist in lua and can be safely created, deselecting items shouldn't be difficult, I think the issue is identifying currently selected items (I have no idea how they are identified and if the UI has access to this)
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Pecca
    Could You tell me how can I replace scrollbar in spellbook and item description for scale interface?
    @Parys: you mean narrow the description area? In UI.menu, on lines 4557, 8398 and 9447, change the third value to a smaller number.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Pecca
    Thank you for response, but I meant I would like to know how to replace the graphic animation of scrollbar. You have changed default scrollbar graphic in spellbok and item description with one used in new journal (v2).
    In that case under the "area" lines I provided, there is a "scrollbar" line, where you must change the 'GUISCRP' to 'GUISCRC'.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited May 2016
    @Pecca

Hey I've been trying this SOD version and I'm seeing some strange behavior when I try to buy or sell multiple copies of things.

As soon as I enter the multiple copy screen, it jumps to like 7 or something and if I mouse hover left or right over I can kind of adjust that number up or down. I don't think this is intended behavior.

Also, ever thought about integrating an auto roller like this one:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/751610

edited May 2016
    I made the mouseover effect that @Pecca uses in his mod in the select multiple items screen.

There is a mouseover effect managing that slider so it will alter with your mouse movements and position, but it's not perfect and does require you to be quite dextrous with the mouse - a newer version with a proper slider that you click and drag has already been submitted to Pecca.

RE: Autoroller, I am working on a combined autoroller and it's nearly complete...

Post edited by Mr2150 on
    mf2112So_LoW
    @smeagolheart: as Mr2150 said, split stack tweak will be revised, also his autoroller will be available by toggle in the options menu.
    I originally wanted to release a huge 2.0 update, but I think I will release a smaller 1.4 update with tweaks I have already completed sometime soon.
    Mr2150smeagolheartjackjackAdul
    On a second thought, I'll probably wait for a patch 2.2 to base the code from and do some more tweaks.
    jackjackmf2112JuliusBorisov
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    How about using this mod with different language (polish)? When I put this mod into my override folder the game won't start. Anyone else have this problem?
    @anathema83: It works for me. Do you have a game version v2.1.63.2?
    I've tried both on v2.1.63.2 and newest beta patch. Clean install, no mods installed.
    I just changed my language to Polish and restarted, no issues here.

Are you copying all the files in the .rar into the override folder?
    try removing the file "L_en_US.LUA" from the override.
    Mr2150jackjack
    ok, I will and let you know.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Pecca
    Yes, that file is the problem. It must be removed, otherwise the game will not start if you play with a different language than English.
    Mr2150Peccajackjack
    Interesting. I only changed few translations, didn't add any lines. And other languages work for me.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I replaced it with the Italian version of the .LUA file and it works great :)
    jackjack