Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2016
    The rage reworks seems to have some major divergence, both from the readme and from each other.

Neither rage works as per the readme and both work differently from each other.

1)The Berzerker rage is still giving THAC0, damage and HP bonuses and only 1/2 an APR rather than the advertised 1.
    2)The Barbarian rage is giving the STR and CON bonuses but no APR at all
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Arnaeus said:

The rage reworks seems to have some major divergence, both from the readme and from each other.

1)The Berzerker rage is still giving THAC0, damage and HP bonuses and only 1/2 an APR rather than the advertised 1.

To confirm, did you install another mod after M&G that also modifies rage?
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90

Arnaeus said:

To confirm, did you install another mod after M&G that also modifies rage?
    No. Plus I have already verified this by looking at the .spl files from the might and guile install file.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266

Always possible that an intended change did not make it into the readme due to negligence, or that an unintended change/older code snuck into the mod itself. I'll take a look when I can.

(Frankly I haven't paid attention to the Berserker stuff in a long long time, that class is so stupid, I don't use them even when I have it modded - so I guess, why mod it in the first place? I've looked, I've talked about it with the KR folks... there's no way to really make "berserk" work in a way that isn't either broken or stupid. Vanilla Barb rage comes closest...)

Really? It's good to know that someone else thinks the berserker class is stupid. And here I thought that I was the only one in the community that didnt like them.

Frankly I haven't paid attention to the Berserker stuff in a long long time, that class is so stupid, I don't use them even when I have it modded - so I guess, why mod it in the first place? I've looked, I've talked about it with the KR folks... there's no way to really make "berserk" work in a way that isn't either broken or stupid. Vanilla Barb rage comes closest...

I always wondered what the hell Bioware was thinking having BOTH barbarian and berserker. It's like trying to fill the same role in a similar way. It's the same as putting cheese on your ham and cheese sandwich; it doesn't matter if the cheese is swiss or cheddar. The cheese still fits the same role, but it's different flavors.

mashedtaters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Quick update: I found a few free hours this evening, and I managed to create the files for most of the rogue feats. I want to try to get this component done, include some fixes for the small issues raised in the thread recently, and then let this rest for a while.

All I have left to do for this component is:
    - make a few new thief traps
    - make the feats for thac0/AC bonus (a bit tricky, to make them repeatable for the Swashbuckler only)
    - implement the Use Wands and Use Scrolls feats
    - make different lists of feats available to different kits
    - remove most existing kit abilities
    - rewrite existing kit descriptions to reflect feats
    - add a few HLAS (using my spiffy new HLA-adding tools! :smiley: )

That's it! Maybe, I don't know, a few evenings' work? Hopefully I can find the time in the next week or so. I'm very excited for this, I really think it is going to make thieves super fun to play, without unbalancing anything.

See, now I'm excited about this part, because it seems to me that this will make thief kits more interesting. If they still had the same basic abilities as they always had...that's OP. I dislike OP. It ruins the challenge. But this now excites me!

so this will destroy EEkeeper multi combos like swash/mage etc.

Well, those combos were never intended anyway...
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Just did a fresh install of M&G on a new computer. The revised Blades Blade Dance, is it supposed to break when you attack something? Because as it is, it works just like the normal bard song, standing still is fine, moving is fine. But attacking breaks it. Also the various Bard kits weapons prof is all messed up, for instance, the Meistersinger can put pips in Flail/Morningstar which as a "druid" he/she wouldnt be able to use. Also many of the kits seems to be restriced from "heavy weapons" such as Halberds/Two-handed swords/Bastard Swords, atleast when it comes to puting prof points in them.

On a sidenote, ever considered adding a Diresinger bard kit? that would be awesome!
    edited May 2016
  • RangeltoftRangeltoft Member Posts: 83
    Guess that what i get for not reading the readme file on blade dance.. just thought it was a nerfed version of the old offensive spin =P
    I'll try out S&S then, thanks for pointing it out.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    A ways back you were discussing clubs and quarterstaffs. I can see quarterstaffs as basically sort of two handed clubs. Yes I know there is a one handed quarterstaff.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Tactical stances are cool :) Here are some ideas of mine:
    - Alertness: nearby allies cannot be back-stabbed
    - Charge: nearby allies get +4 damage bonus, but take -2 penalties to THAC0
    - Courage: nearby allies are immune to fear and panic effects
    - Recklessness: nearby allies get +4 bonus to THAC0, but take -2 penalties to AC
    - Parry: nearby allies get +4 bonus to AC, but take -2 penalties to THAC0 and damage
    edited May 2016
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @subtledoctor, yeah I wasn't convinced about a Courage either. But here are some more:
    - Riposte: nearby allies automatically inflict 1/4 of damage taken (rounded down) to their attackers while hit during melee
    - Distract: all enemies engaged in a melee with nearby allies take -2 penalty to THAC0
    - Unstoppable: nearby allies take +2 penalty to AC, but receive +10% damage reduction.
    - Cover your backs: nearby allies get +4 AC bonus, but get a 0,5 APR penalty
    - Aim to vitals: nearby allies have 5% chance on each hit to slow their opponents for 1 round
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    edited May 2016
    Is it somehow possible to have these scale with lvl? I mean, around 1/3 through SoA, -2 THAC0 isn't that impressive anymore.
    BTW, I do feel that Rangers need some more loving too. Basicly, you're needing a lot more XP to level to get some semi-useful spells way too late.
    GawainBS said:

Is it somehow possible to have these scale with lvl? I mean, around 1/3 through SoA, -2 THAC0 isn't that impressive anymore.

Combined with all the other bonuses, it adds up.
    edited May 2016
    It's the same as an aura. Free stuff all day all night, every day and every night.
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    IF you put it that way, it makes more sense.
    edited May 2016
    Swifty_Mageemashedtaters
    Damn, you work fast, @subtledoctor!
    Abdel_Adrian
    Good to hear. :)
    edited May 2016