Skip to content

Ascension v1.5 BETA - Enhanced Edition Release UPDATED 6/8/2016 - SCS Fix located on Page 2!

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    That's for the best, really - there's probably going to be another patch between now and then anyway :)
    JediMindTrix
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @JediMindTrix Hi, please take look at this critical bug: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27796&page=7#entry242882

After I have changed all five code blocks for detection of having killed the Five summons to *old fashioned* IF Dead("finXXXX") everything in the final battle works fine.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    What is EET?

Those codeblocks worked as intended when I tested Ascension.
    In fact, I changed them because the original code ("oldstyle") was not functioning correctly.
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118

Published a new release today after testing Ascension on v2.0.62.2... ;)

https://github.com/whiteagnus/Ascension/releases/tag/v1520160409b2

Installation was fine for all components, but I didn't install any other mod...

Got some problems getting to the throne first (I fought Balthazar and the StateCheck in the DIalogue didn't work, changed it to Dead instead and everything was fine...)
    Also got the problem, that I fought the 5 and Mellissan didn't show up (also changed the StateChecks to Dead... ;))
    Third fix is for the Portraits (Balthazar and Bodhi, which didn't show up correctly...)

What is EET?
    Enhanced Edition Triology... ;) (http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195)

Excuse me, how do I install this? Do I just put contents of the .rar into BG2:EE folder?
  • HeartstrikeHeartstrike Member Posts: 1
    Hey, sorry to ask this as it might have been answered elsewhere, but does Ascension still have to be installed before all other mods? I have the Imoen Friendship mod, the NPC Flirtpacks, Unfinished Business, Quest Pack, BG2Tweaks, Dungeon Be Gone, and Back to Brynnlaw, if it depends on the mods in question.
    So, uh, any info on how to install the newest patch? :) How do I do this thingie - https://github.com/whiteagnus/Ascension/releases/tag/v1520160409b2
    Still getting this :(

[D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\setup-Ascens
    ion.exe] WeiDU version 23900
    Using Language [American English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

The ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2 mod has 13 distinct optional components.
    To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather
    than being asked about each one.

Install Component [Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)] [v1.5 BETA_20160114]
    Copying 1 file ...
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

[CUT242A.bcs.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 13 column 1-43
    Near Text: )
    Type mismatch in "Face" argument of [CreateCreature].
    Expecting type "integer".

[CUT242A.bcs.BAF] ERROR at line 13 column 1-43
    Near Text: )
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [CUT242A.bcs.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: [CUT242A.bcs] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)], rolling back to previous
    state
    Will uninstall 1 files for [ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1 files for [ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-ASCENSION.DEBUG to Active Caretaker: please JediMind
    Trix contact on the Beamdog forums, or on the open discussion forums at http://s
    13.zifboards.com/Project_Ascension/index.php?showforum=2
    Using Language [American English]
    Managed to reinstall without issues. Providing additional info here.

Do NOT remove .tp2 files of any installed mods from the main folder, you will mess up reinstalling (will ask for a newer version) AND uninstalling the mods.

Installation order:
    1) Tactics2_for_EE-alpha73 - fully working, tested in story mode. No Random City Encounters (yet). Do NOT miss the very first installation, where "0" language is set to German (de_de folder). All of your mods will still be installed, but every NPC and item will have an "Invalid: number" string. Copying dialog.talk from de_de after installing the mods can do the job, but better reinstall Weidu language options, or reinstall the game.
    2) Ascension-1520160409b2 - full working, tested in story mode & on insane difficulty.
    3) Weimer-Underrep-v6 - fully working, all items presented and debuffs applied properly.
    4) Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v40 - fully working, all items working and craftable.

5) Valen - do NOT install if you want to have the final TOB battle. Final boss has some lines for Valen, and wont initiate any dialogue/wont summon Irenicus & Bodhi. Game goes into a limbo state. Paladin encounter works still works, though. She cannot be summoned via Fate Spirit.
    6) Soulafein - do NOT install if you want to have the final TOB battle, same as Valen. All other encounters work (spiders, final eclipse tested - no problems).

Can anybody please fix these ascension text strings to work? Without all Weidu mods/NPC's, game feels incomplete :(. Thank you for reading!
    JuliusBorisovsameer5
  • QuitchQuitch Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2016
    Thanks to those of you helping to update and keep this mod alive. It's much appreciated.
    jackjackYamchaAedanSmilingSword
  • danbo0001danbo0001 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is answered already, but I have read through both threads and cannot figure it out.

Why are there two separate stickied threads on getting Ascension to work in BG2EE? Are they different in some way and is one "better" than the other?

I played Ascension when it came out for BG2 a long time ago and I don't remember it being too difficult to get working (I know next to nothing about mods, Ascension was the only one I ever played!).

I am planning to play BG2EE for the first time and want Ascension to be part of that playthrough so I am trying to understand if it is going to be a problem getting it working (from what I have read so far, it looks like it has some issue with the enhanced version).

Thanks
    Basically: this thread is for the Ascension mod updated to work with the EE, with bonus epilogues for the EE characters; the other thread is for getting an alternate Ascension - part of the Big Picture Mod - to work with the EE, with some of the gameplay/engine tweaks BP provides. To the best of my knowledge, neither are 100% fully compatible with BG2:EE yet.
    jackjackGenderNihilismGirdle
  • danbo0001danbo0001 Member Posts: 16
    Ah I see, so this one enhances the original Ascension to make it EE-aware whereas the other one is, content-wise, the original version.

Ok that's great, many thanks! I did get the impression as well that both still have a few problems, but I will definitely be watching them closely as it seems like both are getting quite close to being compatible :)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    When can we expect final release? Last version was released 4 months ago.
    Edvin
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @JediMindTrix
    My pleasure :)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830

Etamin said:

When can we expect final release? Last version was released 4 months ago.

WhiteAgnus updated it very recently, I simply haven't had the time to change the initial post yet to reflect this.
    And I am hesitant to really delve into it until I'm confident that there aren't more patches right around the corner.

@Aedan
    You rock, thanks for the contributions :)
    So ascensionv15beta20160120.7z is the latest version?
    edited May 2016
    Etamin said:

So ascensionv15beta20160120.7z is the latest version?

No, that would be the April 9 version - the fifth post on this very page.
    Post edited by shawne on
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    So now that the new update is out, are there any plans for a new update in the near future?
    jackjack
    Aedan said:
    Looks like I'm going back to school :D
  • SavagostroSavagostro Member Posts: 19
    can i install this mod up on SCSiiv30?
    AFAIK yes, but you'll need to use WhiteAgnus' SCS hotfix on page 2.
    edited May 2016
    As the number of bugs that Ascension EE - BETA has is dwindling (hopefully), the closer we are to moving to an official release.

The current agenda:
    * Right now, I'm looking for translators for all components, all languages. The help would be appreciated as I am English-only.
    * I am also looking for someone with decent skill in computer graphic design to create two custom icons for the Restored Bhaalspawn Powers component, specifically the evil Bhaalspawn abilities: Dark Taint and Hand of Murder.

* An additional Ascension component that will allow Balthazar (Bodhi too?) to be micro-managed in the final fight.
    * Installer bugfixes that'll be ironed out quickly.
    * The monumental task of mod compatibility testing.
    Aedanjackjacksameer5
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited May 2016
    @JediMindTrix
    Due to the fact that original, more than a decade old translation was incredibly poor, I decided to make completely new version.
    So, here is new (complete and much more quality) czech translation for Ascension.
    Feel free to use. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoiyq975gbpnomk/Ascension Czech.zip?dl=0
    jackjackAedanelminsterYamcha
    Thank you, @Edvin, I'll include that for the next BETA release :)
    Aedan
  • SavagostroSavagostro Member Posts: 19
    can someone link here a fix to make ascension work with scsii normally? cause it seems they do not work properly together
    Please check page 2.
    JuliusBorisov