Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2016
    @Gotural I think SCS is off bounds :-( had to delete the games on this 2 year hiatus from the iPad and with the new iOS I think they say you cannot mod the game anymore?

I am ok not being badass, anyway. For my level of skill, the unmodded game is enough :-) Anybody on the thread has a suggestion for a character that is easy to try a run besides a fighter/mage? Maybe a fighter/thief?

@iroumen well, as soon as that one comes out on iPad, I am continuing my canon run :-)
    lolienlurith
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Gotural: Why stop at SCS?

REAL POWERGAMERS disable pausing and play upside down and blindfolded.
    lolienGoturaldok0zhivago
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    What I always wanted to do was play purely with party ai enabled and not giving any npc or charname a command in battles.
    I got a far as nashkel but then hit mulahey with his hold person. The is no good ai against that at low levels.
    Gotural
  • lurithlurith Member Posts: 55
    @lroumen I don't want to say impossible, but trusting the IA with spells sounds like hell. Whenever I recruit a companion spell-caster and forget to disable IA the first think he does is wasting his strongest disabler spell on any group of enemies. This tends to be Hold person or Web, and the target, xvarts or gibberlings that are dead before the spell is cast anyway.

An all-warriors run shouldn't be too hard, but would you make them drink potions, switch weapons? I mean, you need to be at least a little bit bossy to get anywhere in the game because NPC don't move without orders :)
    BlackravenGotural
    I guess making specific ai scripts might work, checking for class and race to determine whether spell casting is justified. When to heal and use items.
    However I never get around to making those scripts.
    Gotural
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but with Dynaheir set to cast spells, all she ever does is spam Magic Missile. She burns through her spellbook in the first encounter or two, attempting to MM enemies that are dead the second she starts casting. She has other offensive spells memorized, but that's all she attacks with...
    Gotural
    Not all spells are represented in the ai scripts and some npcs have a strong preference.
    edited May 2016
    @bengoshi great tip. Will do!

On this run I could have also disarmed them if I had expected a trap, i was just following Dudleyville and they only have two traps marked.

It was a bit of an Ackbar moment, but without the Millenium Falcon to save the day ;-)
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTHlolien
    Haha. Such meta knowledge to solo to level 5 fast.
    I have never done that, I'd feel dirty.
    You mean doing the basilisk area? You can just assume they are a threat to Beregost and they ask you to get rid of them. They are very close and led by a madman.
    Going there without protection (as you have the ghoul) would be meta knowledge but you can always bring someone with the right lv1 spell :-)
    semiticgoddesslolien
    And the constitution tome grotto :).
    MacHurtololien
    I'm sure that I am the odd one out here.
    MacHurtoJuliusBorisovlolien
    The only time we weren't metagaming was when we were first playing the game. And we had to reload incessantly because of it.
    BelgarathMTHGotural
    @Blackraven: I hate to bother you, but could you also post your BG2 SCS install and dialog.tlk file here? I have found my BG2 install is also broken, like with BG1, and need a transfer.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Here you are @semiticgod. Note that I haven't tested this install myself. Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but my setup includes other mods as well, such as Big World Ascension.

Btw I've run into more bugs in my current Shadowdancer run in BGEE. Last week I considered abandoning the run, and now I've reached that point again, even though Melody herself has been fine. It's just not much fun having to replay battles and seeing things go differently the second time. I hope you're not experiencing any issues in BGEE.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Accused of murder. AGAIN. How do people know? Honestly. How?
    That can be the biggest mystery of entire BG trylogy. Love style of your diary, @MacHurto :). Definitely looking forward to next chapters.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovlolien
    Ok, I have hit a roadblock. Killed a miner outside the mine to get my reputation down (after +1 from Prism) and all the guards aggroed. Talked to the miner boss and kited the guards far from the door but I cannot enter the mines as I need to talk to them, I think. Charmed one guard to talk to him but still cannot enter the mines. Have gone out Of the area and back, still aggroed. Is there anything I can do? Seems like a sad way of ending a no reload game.
    lolien