Skip to content

I don't have anything against homosexuals

ArgasArgas Member Posts: 174
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
They have the right to be as anyone else.. As a human..i mean a heterosexual I give compassion to them.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Hmm...
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Skarose said:

I'm going to assume English is a secondary language for our friend Argas. As a native English speaker myself I'd like to think that you meant to say as a Human Being you empathize with other Human Beings. Specifically you empathize with humans who have different sexual preferences than yourself.

Peace be with you my fellow forumites.

I don't know - he seems pretty fluent in his other posts.
  • ArgasArgas Member Posts: 174
    Im glad that you people are gentlemen. Manners doesnt come by themselves. Its true that my english is secondary actually the fourth :) turkish is my secondary but thats another debate.. I do not try to ruin the language I read it better than l write but can't speak understandable english.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Argas: I'm not gay myself, but I think I can say with confidence that your message is very welcome and appreciated. It's a nice reminder that lots of people do believe we should be decent to each other. And lord knows gay people have to put up with a lot these days.

There is so much anger and fear in this world, and people tend to voice their negative feelings the loudest. Love and acceptance are normally very quiet, and it's nice to hear somebody voice it out loud.

As long as we're on the subject, I don't have anything against gay people, either. I've known a few and I like them.
    edited May 2016
    Tagging a @friend.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm happy to be mistaken over the potential tone of this topic.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I'm still not convinced that you were, @decado. "I feel sorry for them," without further elaboration, does not give me a positive feeling.
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    Argas said:

They have the right to be as anyone else.. As a human..i mean a heterosexual I feel sorry for them.

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    What is the point of this thread?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    it's a place to share the things that you don't have anything against.

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...waiting for the inevitable continuation "BUT ... "
    @Achterklad @joluv: I think you're a bit quick to judge @Argas for that brief post, which is actually perfectly reasonable.

For what it's worth, being gay tends to make your life worse in most circumstances. There aren't a whole lot of places where it's tolerated, and even if you live in a gay-friendly place, you're still going to have a hard time finding love, relative to straight people.

It ain't easy being gay.
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2016

@Achterklad @joluv: I think you're a bit quick to judge @Argas for that brief post, which is actually perfectly reasonable.

Quick to judge, how? I asked for clarification from @Argas in the form of a .gif, in a feeble attempt to be witty.

For what it's worth, being gay tends to make your life worse in most circumstances. There aren't a whole lot of places where it's tolerated, and even if you live in a gay-friendly place, you're still going to have a hard time finding love, relative to straight people.

Speaking as one (the 'straight-acting' variety), I've also noticed that the LGBT community doesn't exactly help the situation, either; in my personal experience, it continually reasserts stereotypes and exaggerates the importance of one's sexuality to the point at which being gay is not just a certain kind of behaviour (which, in this day and age, should be - and generally is - tolerated), but rather an achievement in itself. Hence, the 'Gay Pride' motto.

If you'll pardon my brief séance with George Carlin's ghost, @semiticgod, I think pride should be reserved for actually doing something, not being something. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks to the @Skarose's explanation, I've changed the message in your post, @Argas, so that more people could understand what you had wanted to say.

Thanks to the @Skarose's explanation, I've changed the message in your post, @Argas, so that more people could understand what you had wanted to say.

It's okay. I should have enlightened it a little more. There is this kid who have been gay all his life. He has only girlfriends but more than any boy can dream of. There is nothing wrong with him. I was just thinking maybe he is stuck in that behavior.. Most boy kids kinda know that way..
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited May 2016
    ^-> Yeah.... I'm not sure that made me understand this thread anymore than the first post did.

I know this is the offtopic forum but still, I wonder what this thread actually means and if it's really what this place is for. I'm wondering what the reactions I would get if I would have posted the exact same post as the OP but with the word "Blacks" instead of "Homosexuals" and said as I "white" I feel sorry (compassionate) for them? It would prolly just sound condenscending.

(edit: No offense @argas, I don't think you intentionally mean harm it's just hte phrasing which is.. weird)
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    I was a little confused at this thread even though it's in the right forum just came out of the blue, completely random and although I guess I know what he's trying to say I wondered what the point of it was.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Hmm...... compassion. 'Twas one of eight virtues of the avatar, in ultima series. It means "love of others".
    Okay...... good for you. :neutral:
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I've decided, that in life, every hole is a goal.

Thankfully, I'm undead and don't need to worry about the contents of my underpants...

If I could give some advice @Argas ...

Being interested about what happens to the contents of your underpants is naturally healthy.

Being interested from afar and stating your opinions about what happens to the contents of other people's underpants is wrong.

Please keep your nose out of mine and other people's underpants please. Even commenting on said underpants is a no no... I will, respectfully, keep my nose out of your underpants and will discuss your underpants no further, keeping my opinions on the state of your underpants to myself.

I hope we have an understanding.
    Long time ago someone in these forums had his nose where he shouldn't out of no where calling me a homogob and probably also other people... Karma is a bitch isn't it..
    But I will not talk about your sexual orientation again..but if you talk about Islam then take the elevator to the sixth floor yourself..that ill promise you....!