Skip to content

V2.3 is here! (BG:EE, BGII:EE, and Siege of Dragonspear)

Comments

• DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    There are still some glaring UI problems that need to be fixed, chiefly the input lag in the inventory. Will this be addressed soon? There are also a number of minor inconsistencies in the UI, such as the load game sound being wrong.
  • fbrfbr Member Posts: 2
    Is there a way to disable map zoom? Or could that br added to the next path? It always run somewhat lagged to me, turning into a certain inconvenience without really adding nothing good. It would be nice to be able to turn if off, as the other features.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    disabling map zoom could come in two flavours:
    – stay with the new live maps, but don't animate the zoom, just switch to the map instantly. that may prevent lags etc. this may be easy to implement, but i'm not sure it would cure the specific problem?
    – revert back to the old system, where the map image and the big area image were not the same technically. this is harder to do, and has disadvantages.
    fbr
    A detail i just came across: in the forums, if you go to the top and over "Games", it says patch level is 2.0, 2.0, 1.4 and "Avaliable Now" – which seems rather outdated.
  • fbrfbr Member Posts: 2

disabling map zoom could come in two flavours:
    – stay with the new live maps, but don't animate the zoom, just switch to the map instantly. that may prevent lags etc. this may be easy to implement, but i'm not sure it would cure the specific problem?
    – revert back to the old system, where the map image and the big area image were not the same technically. this is harder to do, and has disadvantages.

Hu, I didn't know that it would be hard to have the old- and perfectly functional - map back as an optional feature. But I hope they can at least remove the "zoom" itself, as you said.

Well, another reason to wait more time before trying SoD. And to leave my 1.3 BG2 safely away from patches for now...
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited June 2016
    *nvm*
    Post edited by Phælin on
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    Love the update thank you !

Just wondering, has there been any updates on the "Roadmap to 2.0" competitions :)? I haven't been keeping as upto date on this site as I use to.
    mf2112JuliusBorisovJairyanna
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Am I the only person who preferred the minimal 2.0-2.2 style tooltips? No offense, but the 2.3 "scroll" versions look like they were made in MS paint...

Also, I never realized how glad I was to have the constant scroll "unfurling" sound gone until it was reintroduced in the latest update. I really, really hope they give us the option to revert, because the current implementation is both less aesthetically pleasing (they don't animate like the originals, which makes the sound feel even more out of place) and annoying in terms of feedback. I know the lack of scroll tooltips were a big issue for a lot of people, but this is a step backward imo.

Maybe a toggle option? Pretty please?
    Mr2150DregothofTyrAlonso
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I prefer the 2.0 to 2.2 tooltips...
    Purudaya
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Purudaya said:

Am I the only person who preferred the minimal 2.0-2.2 style tooltips? No offense, but the 2.3 "scroll" versions look like they were made in MS paint...

Also, I never realized how glad I was to have the constant scroll "unfurling" sound gone until it was reintroduced in the latest update. I really, really hope they give us the option to revert, because the current implementation is both less aesthetically pleasing (they don't animate like the originals, which makes the sound feel even more out of place) and annoying in terms of feedback. I know the lack of scroll tooltips were a big issue for a lot of people, but this is a step backward imo.

Maybe a toggle option? Pretty please?

I would love an option to turn the "unfurling" sound off. I don't mind the new look, but the new sound is way too much. I like to play with the tooltip delay at 0, but with the sound ends up driving me crazy.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited June 2016
    The new tooltips are not good. They look so bad. Ugh. :s
    Post edited by Aedan on
    Ravenslight
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I always loved both the old unfurling scroll and the sound attached. I would very much like to be able to go back to them.
    ThacoBellDregothofTyrdibIronhammer33
    Why did things like the scrolls need to be changed, was it a coding issue or did you guys decide to just redo everything?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Why did things like the scrolls need to be changed, was it a coding issue or did you guys decide to just redo everything?

They completely re-coded the UI to make it more mod-friendly and allow for functionality that was not in the original UI (e.g. proper scaling fonts). This means that all the old code for this will not work in the new UI and has to be re-done.
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    1. I actually like the new tool tips.

2. Has this already been 'redmined' -- pushing has regressed. My characters keep getting 'stuck' on NPC and on each other.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

2. Has this already been 'redmined' -- pushing has regressed. My characters keep getting 'stuck' on NPC and on each other.

I think it is this and this bug.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112killerrabbit
    Got a hard crash yesterday in SoD, talking to the eyeless priestess....if you tell her about the mind flayer and then suggest she go atone for her misdeeds, the game crashes.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

Got a hard crash yesterday in SoD, talking to the eyeless priestess....if you tell her about the mind flayer and then suggest she go atone for her misdeeds, the game crashes.

Repeatable? Do you happen to have a saved game before talking to her?
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2016
    cool, another patch people who bought the REAL version of the game can't get. leave it to beamdog to mess up
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Wait ... i thought *my* purchase channel was the really real one?

This was discussed before - it's not really in beamdog's hands to deliver you the patch
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited June 2016
    @LMTR14 This site is PG-13, I edited your post to exclude an inappropriate language. You're free to express your feelings, but must respect the site rules.
    mlneveseXavant
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    @Kerozevok Thanks for this!
    JuliusBorisovKerozevok
  • atakdogatakdog Member Posts: 51
    @Dee , will this update be released to the Apple Store, or will that have to wait until some subsequent update?
    There are still quite a few bugs in all three games. Can we count on Beamdog patching them? In my one playthrough, I've encountered quite a few - for example, the staggered formation traps the sixth character on the Bridgefort roof, and the fact that Khalid's advanced AI leads to him just standing there, and characters still just stopping while they are walking, and the fact that things no longer auto-stack in inventory. Also, will the main menus for BG and BG2 be updated to look more like Dragonspear? The Dragonspear main menu looks quite nice, which makes the updated BG and BG2 main menus look rather pale in comparison.
    @mf2112 yeah it was repeatable, I saved over it accidentally however. But it happened every time, I tested it a few ways and I think it was selecting the dialogues in that order. This is with a shaman PC and full party.
    mf2112
  • JDowJDow Member Posts: 71
    Anyone know how to download the new patch on a Mac version of Balder's Gate: Enhanced Edition. It hasn't done it automatically, and there's no button or anything to do an update. I feel silly asking but I don't know how to do it.