Skip to content

Diablo Minimal and No Reload Thread (spoilers)

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Good job, both @JuliusBorisov and @lefreut :)
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I enjoy immensly these runs. It's very tempting to join to the fun...
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    So sad to see Isendra die! Her deeds of valor will be remembered!

I enjoyed your RP reports, @O_Bruce, I truly did. I hope you'll find a new motivation to start again. I would enjoy any character, from any game, with your reporting style.

And for the screenshots part. I saw @jjstraka34 mentioned inability to make screenshots in D1, and now you're saying there's a problem with making screenshots in D2. I use a small program, called "snapper" http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/ that lets you make screenshots in the JPEG format. It saves them in a separate folder (which you determine), and actually creates new files, different from those D2 makes. I use this program for making screenshots in all my games, although @BelgarathMTH reported one day he had troubles with this program and his IWD screenshots. I guess it depends on the OS.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    You could try to use Steam Overlay for screenshots. It manages them quite nice:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/fe6qt/for_people_who_want_to_get_diablo_2_to_run_with/

edited November 2019
    @lolien

Hahah!
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Very sad @O_Bruce , I am really enjoying the playthroughs and the roleplaying stories. Having died more than a few times in D2, I usually would start another character of the same type, but change up the skills a bit maybe so I knew that I could win with that character. And of course you find completely different items. Maybe Ishandra could go looking for her big sister?
    http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Unraveller

" Players should be warned when more than one is in the chamber, the danger of death is very high. "

Me: no sh*t.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    ahhh, unravelers used to be so much fun. The hardest thing in the act used to be clearing a room that had a champion unraveler with a group of unraveler minions. I seem to recall them patching that out though. :(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    I'm just so glad I chose Dim Vision for my necromancer - while clearing all the fake tombs I too saw rooms full of those enemies. If not for Dim Vision, I don't know if I would write any future updates on Xzar. This curse took all general enemies out of battle, so that the rogue companion could quickly dispatch them, and then with another curse I could defeat a champion monster.

The adventure of Xzar

In the Act III, with all its ranged and quick enemies - the whole jungle are full of flayers and fetishes, Dim Vision helped as well. It blocked any abilities of shamans, so no inferno or resurrection of enemies:

Flayers, soul killers - it didn't matter:

For minibosses Xzar used Decrepify - and enemies were being killed so fast that I couldn't even make screenshots timely:

The start of the Act III brought 2 new unique items for Xzar - Heavy Gloves and a Morning Star:

While Xzar still preferred to keep his gaulents with 25% MF chance and thus didn't put on "Bloodfist" gloves, he changed his weapon for the new morning star, "Bloodrise" (so much blood in names):

He could easily switch between his poison dagger (for tough enemies) and new morning star (for everyone else) if needed. "Bloodrise" came exactly when his previous unique weapon, the knockback club from the Act I, became weak.
    Hi guys. I have confirmed that the issue with the screenshots I had was due to have ShadowPlay active. But using snapshot program @JuliusBorisov provided, I am able to capture screenshots normally. I have some ideas regarding characters to play as, but I still have to decide which one to pick.

1. Barbarian, two handed swords, berserk as main attack. High damage, relying on insane amount of life rather than defense.
    2. Sorceress, Frozen Orb + Hydra. One of my fav builds.
    3. Amazon - Spears - Jab and Fend
    4. Druid - Werewolf form, Fire Claws + Rabbies. No summons.
    5. Amazon - Passive skills only - "Passion" runeword in 1-h weapon crucial.

Also and finally, a question. This is "No Reload" topic runs. Does that mean "hardcore characters only" or "hardcore characters only without grinding"? Because that's huge difference.
    @lefreut
    You've got Unraveller Head from Diablo. Nice way to avenge Isendra.
    I'm happy for your participation. I knew that sooner or later we will have necromancer based on Irenicus
    edited November 2019
    lefreut said:

@lolien what skills will you use ?

I'm not sure yet, honestly, i have no clue about the skill system (what is strong, what is not), just roll with the flow. Speaking about John, i'll start with curses and golems i think.
    @lolien
    Is Joneleth a hardcore character?
    I think not yet, but i'm still at the very start, so he will be.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    I'm almost sad to see a rune word like that used in such a low tier weapon.
    edited November 2019