Skip to content

Female-Female romance

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Female human priestess of Loviatar for men and women- NE She grew up in Amn, an abused child of an abusive father. But when she struck her father down when he attempted to get more than usually physical with her, she ran away from home, where she was found by a priest of Loviatar. He asked her why she was wandering the streets, and she told him what she had done. Her smile at the memory of striking down her own father, of returning pain for pain, told him she was ripe for the plucking, and he took her back to his temple withi him, schooling her in the ways of dealing and surviving pain. An apt pupil, she has returned to the Sword Coast to make her mark on the world, and wields both whip and mace with equal fervor. In addition to the more usual sorts of pain, she is a connoisseur of wielding whip and knife to grant pain in small or large measure. Even being hurt in battle wrings moans of pleasure from her lips, and she can teach CHARNAME to commingle pleasure and pain so that they cannot tell where one ends and the next begins. Despite her faith, she will not countenance the hurting of children- only those in their majority, and she intends to grasp for power so that no child need be hurt again.
    TenYaibaMoiraMuppetLovers
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    LadyRhian said:

...but he shaves his head so it won't get burned in forge fire.

Pfft, amateur.
    MuppetLovers
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Serabiet Yeah, I want that too. Can we get one with short hair and brown skin? Pretty please?
    @Tanthalas The smell of burnt hair is *so* sexy! ;)
    CG/CE Elf Male Vampire for men and women. This elf was recently turned into a vampire, and though he has fed on the blood and souls of others, he resists turning completely into an evil monster. He is trying to subsist mainly on blood , but it is not enough to truly sustain him, so at times he "snaps" and goes after blood and necks. He hopes that by taking lives in combat as part of CHARNAME's party, he can use his bloodthirsty impulses to do good. But it may take more than this to save him. A tortured soul, his skin is pale and his hair blonde, and he tries to keep himself clean and immaculately groomed. But when he "snaps", it's easily tellable from the disheveled hair, disordered clothes and stains of blood everywhere. He seeks redemption and healing from his "condition".
    TenYaibaMuppetLovers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Neutral Good female fighter for men. This red-haired Amazonian Goddess is the tallest woman most men will ever meet, almost 6'6 in her stocking feet, and very confident in herself and her abilities without being overly proud or boastful. Strong and muscular, she wields a longsword in each hand and fears nothing. What she loves most, though, is children, and you can often see her squatting in the street, taking to a young boy or girl with the same seriousness that you have talking with adults. And they seem to love her for it. When she is talking to them, you can see a gentle, wistful smile on her face that makes her seem to glow. If you ask her, she will reminisce about her younger siblings, and an orc attack that took them from her when she was barely more than a child herself. Her pasttime is whittling, and you can often find her whittling small toys, which she hands out to less fortunate children, along with a few pennies to buy food when she passes them in the street.
    LG Male Dwarf Berserker for men and women. This gruff, bearded male bears a terrible scar bisecting his face in two diagonally, and he's usually quiet and half-drunk. Questioning him when he's partly or mostly sober gains the questioner a mere grunt or brush off, but if you talk to him when he's far gone into drink, you discover that he is the last living member of the Silverhammer clan. As one of the Noble Battleragers, he was assigned to guard the approach to his King's private quarters, and thus, the royal family, when Orogs from the Underdark invaded their clanhome. But these Orogs were unexpectedly tricky, having recruited a clan of Ogre Magi, and they slaughtered their way through the Dwarf community, until they reached the noble quarters. There he and his fellow battleragers barred the way and tore into the Orogs. The fog of bloodlust and rage clouded his mind, until he was struck down by a blow to the head. He expected to die, but found himself awakening alone, his people slaughtered around him. In a daze, he wandered through the clanhome, looking for any other survivors and finding none. His survival was a mark of deepest shame, and so he sought no healing for his wound, but time took care of that, anyway. And now he lives as last of his clan, with nothing to live for, no one to share his name, unworthy of anything more than the degraded life he lives now. Every day, he lives in the hope that he will finally meet a monster capable of overcoming his skill with a blade and slaughtering him outright, for it would be even more shameful to simply lay down and die. This is why he lives his life in an alcoholic fog, unable to live with the shame of surviving his clan when he should have died. At this point, you notice that his face is wet with tears, but he buries his face in his ale mug and falls silent once more.

He is easy to seduce, but romancing him will be harder, as you must convince him that living when one has lost everything is a noble and heroic act, and that his life can serve as an example to those who feel they have lost everything. For a female dwarf, she can offer to help repopulate his clan, while others can help him aspire to be a hero to noble dwarves everywhere of the unyielding nature of dwarves and how they fight to the last, even having lost everything.

Prefers the shorter races: Halflings, dwarves, gnomes, but is also possible for humans.
  • RapscallionRapscallion Member Posts: 81
    Ugh please, all these horrendous fan-fic characters really have no place in BG. Vampires? Nymphs? Succubi? These characters are supposed to obey your orders, sleep in inns, talk to townsfolk without anyone batting an eyelid? Not to mention the cheesy nature of dating the hot vampire with a dark past etc.

This isn't Twilight. The romances are meant to be a small part of the game, designed so that you become attached to the NPCs and enhance the plot - NOT to fulfill some erotic fantasy.

Should they add more romance options for F/M M/M and F/F? Of course, but they should be classy options that feel natural, none of this trashy cliche fan-fic stuff.
    Fake_SketchTalarashaMuppetLovers
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    Speak for yourself @Rapscallion , we're all having fun here. And 'trashy,' 'horrendous,' or 'cliche' are a matter of opinion. There were many other ways you could have said what you were trying to, those three words were entirely unnecessary.
    I agree with Rapscallion, Is sound pretty cheesy, BG deserves more than that.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    If you don't like it, you know the way out of this thread.

Meanwhile, we'll just keep on, keepin' on.
  • TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    If you don't like it, you indeed have the right to express your opinion in a civilised and constructive manner. You may also suggest your own character archetypes to voice what you would want added.

Derisive and hostile comments are unwarranted and unwelcome. Express yourselves in a constructive manner, add your own input, or remain silent and leave.
    MuppetLovers
    @Fake_Sketch you've been supportive, but by placing your support on someone who has been unnecessarily hostile, you have painted yourself in their colors. Your voice would be better recieved should you orchestrate your own argument in the well mannered style you have been using before.

unnecessary offensiveness dilutes the point that you're trying to convey and causes those you argue with to react defensively, polarizing the sides of the argument, making understanding and compromising more difficult. Allying your voice to one who has made an abrasive comment robs your argument of power and legitimacy.
    edited September 2012
    TenYaiba said:

@Fake_Sketch unnecessary offensiveness dilutes the point that you're trying to convey and causes those you argue with to react defensively.

@TenYaiba: I just got mad with zarffyns "If you don't like it, you know the way out of this thread". Ill edit my last post and Ill express myself more politely in this one, because you are right, its easier to convey an idea in a civilized way because people are not defensive.

@zarffy: I think negative feedback about this is necessary, after all , this is a request thread, devs will want to know what everyone thinks about this.

ON TOPIC:

Those characters seem unfitting next to actual romances. I feel that an asimar or a halfling would be more BGish.
    MuppetLovers
    Thank you @Fake_Sketch, I Value the opinions of those that disagree with my point of view as much as those that agree, If we can have a civilized debate we can learn from our differing opinions without getting all upset at each other :)

These are just character archetypes after all... If we were going to write the romance in full we'd have to be a lot more careful about writing quality, but @LadyRhian 's Character Development is unquestionably good. In disagreeing with the style, the best way to get your point across would be to suggest your own archetype and basic character growth notes. Honestly I'd like to see exactly what you have in mind as well, since this has turned into a brainstorm (As intended).
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    LadyRhian said:

NG Female Greater Succubus Thief for men and women.

Oooohhh, a new friend to make in Watchers Keep? :3 I like the morality implications of this one, and I imagine the cast would have alot to say about whether its acceptable to allow someone to act righteously while under the influence of a cursed item or to release them and unleash probable harm onto the world.
    MoiraMuppetLovers
    TenYaiba said:

If you don't like it, you indeed have the right to express your opinion in a civilised and constructive manner. You may also suggest your own character archetypes to voice what you would want added.

Derisive and hostile comments are unwarranted and unwelcome. Express yourselves in a constructive manner, add your own input, or remain silent and leave.

How was anything I said hostile or derisive? Just because I said it read like fanfic? It sounds like fanfic because of the artificial ways to make the characters interesting, such as exotic races or some traumatic backstory. I'm just being honest, these little biographies detail characters that simply do not belong in BG and the Bhaalspawn's story. It's perfectly fine to hash out ideas for characters in a fantasy universe, but this is a feature request forum for BG.

I have just as much right to disagree with you on a public forum as you have to post lots of bios. Telling people with opposing opinions to stay silent and leave isn't particularly nice or mature. I'm sorry if my first post was a bit too direct (I don't believe in beating around the bush) but it wasn't intended to sound hostile.
    MuppetLovers

Ugh please, all these *horrendous* fan-fic characters really have no place in BG. Vampires? Nymphs? Succubi? These characters are supposed to obey your orders, sleep in inns, talk to townsfolk without anyone batting an eyelid? Not to mention the *cheesy nature* of dating the hot vampire with a dark past etc.

This isn't *Twilight*. The romances are meant to be a small part of the game, designed so that you become attached to the NPCs and enhance the plot - NOT to fulfill some erotic fantasy.

Should they add more romance options for F/M M/M and F/F? Of course, but they should be classy options that feel natural, none of this *trashy* *cliche* fan-fic stuff.

Offensiveness between **s
    edited September 2012
    Then utilize proper argumentation. I don't mind you disagreeing with the characters presented, But you come to the table with derisiveness and no alternative solution. You'd make a better point by proposing your own addition to detail what exactly you'd prefer to see. You'd yield a better and less irritated response by stating your point in a civil and neutral manner. Instead of "All these Horrendous Fan-fic Characters really have no place in BG" Try "I think that BG wouldn't be compatible with these characters due to -Insert your opinion here-"

And I asked you to
    TenYaiba said:

Express yourselves in a constructive manner, add your own input, OR remain silent and leave.

Not to leave because your opinion is different.
    @Rapscallion You mean, in the same game where you get to romance an Avariel who has the sad backstory of getting caught and imprisoned and her wings cut off, and a Drow who abandoned her people, tried to move to the surface and nearly got killed by her next door neighbors? Those same cheesy romances with exotic races and traumatic backstories? And then there's Anomen, who has the tragic backstory of dealing with his horrible father and the death of his sister.

Bioware has a history of using "Romance as psychological therapy". Only your love and support helps said character overcome their sad backstory/history and become a more realized/confident/etc person. That's specifically why I made the Paladin and Gypsy Bard characters. Neither needs love therapy to be all that they can be, to use that army slogan. Even my female warrior character has no real problems with her background. She likes kids because she lost her siblings- hardly some "tragic backstory" unless you make it out to be so. And the female priestess of Loviatar uses her 'tragic past" to change the way things happen in the future- she wants to end the abuse of kids.

Yes, there are some characters that are cheesier than others- I just tried coming up with something new we haven't seen before. And the vampire and the succubus are the two cheesy races I came up with, considering you can play a Half-Giant of Hartsvale in the pen and paper game (Giantcraft being the sourcebook).
    MoiraEpitomyofShynessJalily
    I think you're being a bit too sensitive. Every writer hears far, far worse criticism from publishers, critics and fans.
    @Rapscallion If that last post was directed at me, I am not really offended. Just pointing out how the already established romances in the game fall into the same trope you are against.
    You are right, many people have no manners and chose to insult and deride each other rather than add to a collective work, however we are trying to foster an atmosphere here where anyone can propose additional character archetypes to see in the game and receive constructive criticism. The very behavior which you reference is what we're trying to avoid in having this brainstorming session.
    LadyRhian said:

@Rapscallion If that last post was directed at me, I am not really offended. Just pointing out how the already established romances in the game fall into the same trope you are against.

You must have sneaked your post in before I refreshed the page, my post wasn't directed at you! You're right, two of the existing romances are with exotic characters but if you take race out of it, the character and personality stand alone. Tbh I never felt like I was romancing an Averiel, just a timid hurt young woman.

Don't forget, these characters were written in a time when the market wasn't completely saturated with fantastical romance novels, films, games etc. Your character concepts would have been fine back in the 90s but modern literature has cheapened and ruined 'fantastic romances'.